Islam: Your opinion?

Islam: Overall Beneficial to Society? Or not?

• Islam is Beneficial to society.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Islam is not Beneficial to society.

• Islam is Good, and Beneficial to society.

• Islam is Bad, and not Beneficial to society.

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • It is a religion, that's it.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No Opinion on Islam.

• Total voters

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
So, I have seen so much controversy over Islam in nearly any forum I go to. Here is a topic I made cause I want to get a general idea of everyone's opinion on them.

islam to me is no different than any other religion. it's the extremists that causes the problem. most practitioners are law abiding people. the demonstrations you see on the news are what any group of people would do to express their opinions about things they don't agree with. the conflict between christianity and islam goes back centuries. can you blame them for how they feel?

Everyone has a Right to Their Own words when they Pray. I Pray that Islam, Someday Learns that. Conversion should Never be a Death Sentence, it is an Unalienable Right, a matter of Conscience. Too many confuse Pray, with Prey. ;)

IMO no religion is beneficial to society. Duping people into believing in the man in the sky is the same as duping children into believing in santa.

I don't know enough about their views to be certain....but if, for example, a poll that I saw is correct, in which 84% of Egyptians believe that adulterers should be stoned, then the mainstream is too extreme for my taste.

There's nothing inherently wrong with Islam that cannot also be said about any major faith, Cain. The problem is cultural. Arabs vs. Jews in the Middle East. Arabs vs. Arabs in the Middle East. Recent immigrants vs. long-time residents in Europe.

I doubt we'll ever have a huge influx of immigrants from Muslim nations here in the US....I would hope our immigration laws are strict enough to prevent that, and you cannot walk here. Muslim Americans have a right to believe and worship as they wish. They have a right to be treated with respect and dignity.

As for those who break our laws, I have confidence our legal system will cope with them.

Its a religion just like any other and I believe religion should be practiced privately by people in their own homes, I don't believe people should try and use religious laws in the government and use it against people, that is what goes on in many Muslim countries if not most. Thats not the fault of Islam but of Muslims.

Its a religion just like any other and I believe religion should be practiced privately by people in their own homes, I don't believe people should try and use religious laws in the government and use it against people, that is what goes on in many Muslim countries if not most. Thats not the fault of Islam but of Muslims.

Yes, but many Muslim nations are theocracies, High Gravity....and demanding strict adherence to a legal code allegedly based on Islam is one way the powerful control the masses.

Hey lets generalize about a billion people who have wildly different cultures, shall we?

I'd be willing to venture that the Islamic of Saudi Arabia and the Islamic of Malasia are rather more different that the Christians of France are different thant the Christians of Germany just a few miles away.

But those Islamics?

They ALL the same.

Don't you people ever get tired of proving what clueless imbeciles you are?

Everyone has a Right to Their Own words when they Pray. I Pray that Islam, Someday Learns that. Conversion should Never be a Death Sentence, it is an Unalienable Right, a matter of Conscience. Too many confuse Pray, with Prey. ;)

:clap2:

:beer: To Freedom. May we all learn to give a little so the other guy can have his too.

The Constitution Guarantee's more than the Right to Pray in our Own Homes. Stop Preying on Religious People. ;)

The Constitution Guarantee's more than the Right to Pray in our Own Homes. Stop Preying on Religious People. ;)

I understand that but I don't think politics and religion should mix, in Muslim countries Islam IS politics.

I understand that but I don't think politics and religion should mix, in Muslim countries Islam IS politics.

I agree. Ethics, Moral Value, can be shared by both though.

Religon and Faith are mutually exclusive Cain, you ex bro Able might even agree....

I asked for people's opinions, I didn't express mine, so how do you know what they are? Also, my brother's name isn't Abel*.

Don't you people ever get tired of proving what clueless imbeciles you are?

Well, you just proved how much of a dis-respectful person you are, let's see whom proves it best :). Also, generalizations? You just generalized that everyone here is generalizing, and that everyone of the group "you people" are all in-fact imbeciles.

So who is really doing the generalizing here? :eusa_naughty:

So, I have seen so much controversy over Islam in nearly any forum I go to. Here is a topic I made cause I want to get a general idea of everyone's opinion on them.

My vote is for: other

In my opinion islam is about sex, war and male domination control. PERIOD.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back