Islam: What The West Needs To Know

The Iraqi Imams have been making speeches like that against the US for decades, what difference does the date make?

UN Says Sanctions Have Killed Some 500,000 Iraqi Children
(...)
In absolute terms we estimate that perhaps about half a million children under 5 years of age have died

UN Says Sanctions Have Killed Some 500,000 Iraqi Children

I understand that but your proving my point, the Iraqis were already pissed at the US before 2003 when they were invaded. Iraq and Iran are notorious for having angry Imams who preach death and destruction to the US and Israel, and they even have US and Israeli flags as door mats to their mosques in some places.

I understand that but your proving my point, the Iraqis were already pissed at the US before 2003 when they were invaded. Iraq and Iran are notorious for having angry Imams who preach death and destruction to the US and Israel, and they even have US and Israeli flags as door mats to their mosques in some places.

A German cabaretist is explaining the whole Saddam thing:

6:16 onwards

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4H_E8b-qmo[/ame]

MEMRI Middle East Media Research Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MEMRI's current mission statement states the organization "explores the Middle East through the region's media. MEMRI bridges the language gap which exists between the West and the Middle East, providing timely translations of Arabic, Persian, Turkish, and Urdu-Pashtu media, as well as original analysis of political, ideological, intellectual, social, cultural, and religious trends in the Middle East."[1] Until 2001, its Mission Statement stated that the institute also emphasizes "the continuing relevance of Zionism to the Jewish people and to the state of Israel."[2] MEMRI's goals and emphasis have evolved over the years; it originally translated articles in both Arabic and Hebrew
When founded in 1998, MEMRI's staff of seven included three who had formerly served in military intelligence in the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF).

Selective Memri

Brian Whitaker investigates whether the 'independent' media institute that translates the Arabic newspapers is quite what it seems The stories selected by Memri for translation follow a familiar pattern: either they reflect badly on the character of Arabs or they in some way further the political agenda of Israel. I am not alone in this unease.

Ibrahim Hooper of the Council on American-Islamic Relations told the Washington Times: "Memri's intent is to find the worst possible quotes from the Muslim world and disseminate them as widely as possible."

Memri might, of course, argue that it is seeking to encourage moderation by highlighting the blatant examples of intolerance and extremism. But if so, one would expect it - for the sake of non-partisanship - t o publicize extremist articles in the Hebrew media too.

Although Memri claims that it does provide translations from Hebrew media, I can't recall receiving any.
Selective Memri | World news | guardian.co.uk

The processes of perception routinely alter what humans see. When people view something with a preconceived concept about it, they tend to take those concepts and see them whether or not they are there. This problem stems from the fact that humans are unable to understand new information, without the inherent bias of their previous knowledge. A person’s knowledge creates his or her reality as much as the truth, because the human mind can only contemplate that to which it has been exposed. When objects are viewed without understanding, the mind will try to reach for something that it already recognizes, in order to process what it is viewing. That which most closely relates to the unfamiliar from our past experiences, makes up what we see when we look at things that we don’t comprehend.
Perception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you can influence/create a person's perception you can influence their vision of truth

See Israel recruits 'army of bloggers' to combat anti-Zionist Web sites

http://www.haaretz.com/print-editio...ers-to-combat-anti-zionist-web-sites-1.268393

Last edited:
A good example of an altered perception, without the knowledge of how they came to that belief

Last edited:
Been there, done that, even got the tee shirt
Are your views/opinion based on personal experience or by perception?

Last edited:
Been there, done that, even got the tee shirt
Are your views/opinion based on personal experience or by perception?

Personal experience, having spent quite some time in the middle east and witnessing Sharia law being implemented.

Forum List

Back