Islam vs the free world

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by nt250, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I'm a little confused about where we're supposed to discuss Islam.

I can't discuss it without it being about it's goals for expansion and dominance of the free world.

So should I do it here, on the religion board? Or on the War on Terror board?

2. just_sad

just_sad Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    you must be so DISTURBED :cry: :cry:

:tdown2:

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Discussions on Islam related posts are going to fit in either religion or lifestyle. If WOT, that should be clear from the getgo.

4. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Talk away, I'm all ears..............:eek:

5. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I'm not sure I want to bother.

Those of us who post about controversial subjects on message boards get used to repeating ourselves. People talk about a subject until they get bored with it, then they move on to another subject. No thread lasts forever, but there are always new people to discuss things with, so the same subjects usually come up all the time. If you feel like getting into it again, you do. If you don't, you don't.

Every board has rules. But not annoying the moderator is kind of a tough one to follow. If they can close a thread just because they're in a bad mood, then what's the point?

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Oh you poor thing, have you found our rules that oppressive? Easy excuse, but I'm not your mama, blame her, not us.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Which rule is it that says a mod can close a thread because they find it annoying? Could you copy and paste it here for me please? Personal attacks are obviously allowed since you just insulted my mother.

My mother has been dead since 1985, but thanks for blaming her for my defective personality.

Nice.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I meant, though perhaps put it inappropriately, that you have no more right to blame the mods for not adhering to your strictures, than what many wish to impose on schools, you for one. We are here to serve the many, not the individual in every circumstance.

9. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    THis is from the US Message Boards home page:

DMP closed a thread last night because it annoyed him. Would you like me to post a link to where he said "not tonite"?

That's the fourth thread I've spent a lot of time on, in less than two weeks, that has just been up and closed because a mod decided they didn't like the direction it was taking or because it annoyed them.

I do not expect this board to cater to me or my views at all. I know it's a moderated message board, and I know how posting about controversial subjects can piss people off. I think the mods here are pretty patient with posters, it seems to take a lot for somebody to get warned, and you use temp bans, which I think is reasonable.

However, I'm getting really tired of wasting my time having discussions with people only to have the thread closed and locked because a thin skinned mod decided to. And judging by the low activity on this board lately, it seems like I'm not the only one who is thinking of giving up on it. The board has been dead this weekend.

Is it always this slow on weekends?

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well, I've yet to find the 'thin skinned' mods, the threads I'm aware of being closed were done for good reasons, which did not necessarily involve you, but that is one of the hazards of message boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.