Islam Tells Russian Women To "Cover Up"

i'd wager if asked billy graham would wish for women of this country to dress more modestly.

If you can get a quote from Billy Graham, or even the Pope, telling females to cover themselves from head to toe, with just their face and hands on display,

Like so?:

VirginMary.jpg

Hijab20Muslim20Women_xlarge.jpeg

Can anyone tell me why some Christians object to Islamic standards of modesty when their own imagining of the Virgin Mother's (radhiallahu 'anha) attire nearly always indicates adherence to those very standards?
Because that was the way she dressed two thousand years ago.

Uh Kalam I don't see too many women nowadays dressing like the Virgin Mary.
I see plenty of Muslim women who do...

I wonder why they bear a stronger resemblance to a central figure in Christianity than many Christian women?

The reason some Christians may object to it is because alot of the times Muslim women are forced to dress modestly, it is not a choice, especially in places like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Somalia, Pakistan etc
Then it would seem that those people spend too much time focusing on imagined oppression and not enough time examining reality.

hijab-demo-17jan04-741.jpg

hijab+ban+protest.jpg

Yes, there is a dress code in some nations. But those dress codes tend to reflect values that already existed among the people in those countries:

BBC said:
Time and again, the women I met in Jeddah and Riyadh insisted how women dressed was not the priority, that reform in Saudi Arabia was about other things.

"The abaya for us is like the sari for Indians," says Sabah, an elegant university professor.

"And it's hypocritical of the West to applaud Nepal and Bhutan for preserving their heritage, she says, and then claim Saudi Arabia's traditions oppressed women."

BBC NEWS | Programmes | From Our Own Correspondent | Saudi Arabia's unseen reform

The edict for women to cover themselves is because Islam thinks men are not capable of controlling themselves, that the sight of an ankle or lock of hair will drive a man to rape.

Yes. Whenever you see a report of a muslim man raping a western woman, that's the excuse they laughingly use in their defence! How many times have we heard the phrase, 'if she dresses like that, she is a whore and is asking for it.'

As far as I'm concerned, ANY man guilty of rape should be castrated, but perhaps we should consider stoning them if they happen to be muslim...after their balls have been cut off, of course.

Keep in mind that this is the Kremlin-loyal regime that the US tacitly supports. After all, the Department of State denounced the resistance fighters in Chechnya as "terrorists." :eusa_whistle:

Liar, we don't support the Chechan Muslim terrorist! We see these Islamofacist for who they are! And they aren't freedom fighters, they are the killers of innocent Russian women and Children!

Uh Kalam I don't see too many women nowadays dressing like the Virgin Mary.
I see plenty of Muslim women who do...

I wonder why they bear a stronger resemblance to a central figure in Christianity than many Christian women?

The reason some Christians may object to it is because alot of the times Muslim women are forced to dress modestly, it is not a choice, especially in places like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Somalia, Pakistan etc
Then it would seem that those people spend too much time focusing on imagined oppression and not enough time examining reality.

hijab-demo-17jan04-741.jpg

hijab+ban+protest.jpg

Yes, there is a dress code in some nations. But those dress codes tend to reflect values that already existed among the people in those countries:

BBC said:
Time and again, the women I met in Jeddah and Riyadh insisted how women dressed was not the priority, that reform in Saudi Arabia was about other things.

"The abaya for us is like the sari for Indians," says Sabah, an elegant university professor.

"And it's hypocritical of the West to applaud Nepal and Bhutan for preserving their heritage, she says, and then claim Saudi Arabia's traditions oppressed women."

BBC NEWS | Programmes | From Our Own Correspondent | Saudi Arabia's unseen reform

Kalam I just believe that people should dress how they choose, you are never going to know how many women in those countries really want to dress that way because they have no choice.

The edict for women to cover themselves is because Islam thinks men are not capable of controlling themselves, that the sight of an ankle or lock of hair will drive a man to rape.

:eusa_eh:

Lies add nothing to the discussion.

"Say to the believing men that they lower their gaze and restrain their sexual passions. That is purer for them. Surely Allah is Aware of what they do." - 24:30​

i'd wager if asked billy graham would wish for women of this country to dress more modestly.

But has he demanded it! I haven't seen Christian men going around being, honor killing, issuing fatwas and harassing women who dress less than head to toe?

Muslims do this. So by using the typical red herring of the liberals is pathetic!

Keep in mind that this is the Kremlin-loyal regime that the US tacitly supports. After all, the Department of State denounced the resistance fighters in Chechnya as "terrorists." :eusa_whistle:

Liar, we don't support the Chechan Muslim terrorist! We see these Islamofacist for who they are! And they aren't freedom fighters, they are the killers of innocent Russian women and Children!

Please don't bother posting about things you know nothing about. :eusa_hand:

Kalam I just believe that people should dress how they choose, you are never going to know how many women in those countries really want to dress that way

But you do?

Thats my point, you don't know either. If America made a rule saying everyone had to wear a white shirt and black slacks, you can't say that people prefer that, they are dressing that way because it is the rule, like a mandatory school uniform.

Kalam I just believe that people should dress how they choose, you are never going to know how many women in those countries really want to dress that way

But you do?

Thats my point, you don't know either. If America made a rule saying everyone had to wear a white shirt and black slacks, you can't say that people prefer that, they are dressing that way because it is the rule, like a mandatory school uniform.

I can't, but they can, which is why I posted some examples of women speaking for themselves.

But you do?

I can't, but they can, which is why I posted some examples of women speaking for themselves.

Sure but what about the women who don't prefer it? they cant speak out because if they do they'll get beaten.

Exactly, what does the way the Virgin Mary dressed thousands of years ago have to do with now?

I don't mean to be intrusive, but do you consider yourself a religious person?

Not at all.

Alright. I guess there's not much of a point in continuing this part of our discussion since religious belief is the reason behind the code of modesty we're talking about here. If you aren't religious then of course you don't see a good reason for people to dress like her; doing so must seem entirely illogical from your perspective.

If you can get a quote from Billy Graham, or even the Pope, telling females to cover themselves from head to toe, with just their face and hands on display,

Like so?:

VirginMary.jpg

Hijab20Muslim20Women_xlarge.jpeg

Can anyone tell me why some Christians object to Islamic standards of modesty when their own imagining of the Virgin Mother's (radhiallahu 'anha) attire nearly always indicates adherence to those very standards?

Simple

There is no punishment for not dressing like it.

Sure but what about the women who don't prefer it? they cant speak out because if they do they'll get beaten.

Only in Taliban-administered Afghanistan. Speaking against the law may have legal repercussions in some of these states but I doubt any of them involve corporal punishment.

Only in Taliban-administered Afghanistan. Speaking against the law may have legal repercussions in some of these states but I doubt any of them involve corporal punishment.

Women cannot go against the hijab in countries like Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia or even Kuwait, the hijab is not mandatory in Kuwait but you won't see Muslim women coming out against it. Even in Islamic countries that don't enforce the hijab alot of the times there is pressure for the woman to wear it from the family and husband.

Forum List

Back