Islam Tells Russian Women To "Cover Up"

BURKA2.jpg

i'd wager if asked billy graham would wish for women of this country to dress more modestly.

i'd wager if asked billy graham would wish for women of this country to dress more modestly.

If you can get a quote from Billy Graham, or even the Pope, telling females to cover themselves from head to toe, with just their face and hands on display, I might take you seriously. Until then, I will dismiss you as a moron.

If you can get a quote from Billy Graham, or even the Pope, telling females to cover themselves from head to toe, with just their face and hands on display, I might take you seriously. Until then, I will dismiss you as a moron.

i've been dismissed as worse.

the societal norms and mores of other countries are not our own. simply asking that someone follow them is not a problem.

now that isn't to say i don't have a problem with the use of force to make people comply but so long as it is just a request i don't have an issue.

Western women dress so much like hookers today.

It is hard to distinguish which are prostitutes and which are soccer moms.

I beg to differ on that point of view, people should be able to dress how they wish in my opinion, nobody should have to regulate how people dress.

If you can get a quote from Billy Graham, or even the Pope, telling females to cover themselves from head to toe, with just their face and hands on display,

Like so?:

VirginMary.jpg

Hijab20Muslim20Women_xlarge.jpeg

Can anyone tell me why some Christians object to Islamic standards of modesty when their own imagining of the Virgin Mother's (radhiallahu 'anha) attire nearly always indicates adherence to those very standards?

If the Virgin Mother's decide she does not want to wear her "modest" outfit one day, she won't be stoned to death.

If you can get a quote from Billy Graham, or even the Pope, telling females to cover themselves from head to toe, with just their face and hands on display,

Like so?:

VirginMary.jpg

Hijab20Muslim20Women_xlarge.jpeg

Can anyone tell me why some Christians object to Islamic standards of modesty when their own imagining of the Virgin Mother's (radhiallahu 'anha) attire nearly always indicates adherence to those very standards?

Uh Kalam I don't see too many women nowadays dressing like the Virgin Mary. The reason some Christians may object to it is because alot of the times Muslim women are forced to dress modestly, it is not a choice, especially in places like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Somalia, Pakistan etc

Catholic Nuns have dressed this same way for centuries.

And many still do today. :cool:

Those nuns are choosing that lifestyle, no man is forcing them to do it.
Among the many muslim women that I personally know here in America.

No one forces them to wear anything.

They wear the hijab to cover their hair because they want to please God.

And know it is the correct way for a muslim woman out in public to dress. :cool:

Catholic Nuns have dressed this same way for centuries.

And many still do today. :cool:

Those nuns are choosing that lifestyle, no man is forcing them to do it.
Among the many muslim women that I personally know here in America.

No one forces them to wear anything.

They wear the hijab to cover their hair because they want to please God.

And know it is the correct way for a muslim woman out in public to dress. :cool:

It may be that way for the Muslim women in America but I can guarantee you for alot of women overseas it definently is not a choice.

Forum List

Back