Islam row raises pope safety fears

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
September 15, 2006
The whole Pope Flap shows who really insults Islam. When have we ever seen the headline, "Osama fears for his safety after hijacking Islam"? When have we ever seen angry Muslim protestors burning images of Osama, instead of brandishing them for the cameras?

But when the Pope suggests Islam is violent, Islam becomes...violent. Here a question for you Moral Equivalence fans: Have you noticed that "radical Christians," although just insulted by Rosie O'Donnell, are not rioting or threatening anyone's life?

From the Hizballah News Agency, aka Reuters:

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) -- The Muslim world's scathing reaction to Pope Benedict's comments on Islam is the biggest challenge to face the pontiff yet and raises concerns over his security, diplomatic and Church sources said on Friday.
"My personal reaction was: 'This is a striking statement. Was it a rare slip-up?'" one source said about the pope's speech in Germany last Tuesday.

"One has to wonder why the pope, who is normally so careful about what he says or writes, and has a reputation for extreme care, did not realize the reaction that this could cause," the source added....

Maybe he realized it full well, and was trying to argue for the futility of violent reactions such as we are now seeing.

"I was quite surprised (by the speech)," one diplomat said. "He has put himself in a tough spot and it will be interesting to see what he does next."
Indeed it will. Let's hope he has the courage to keep telling the truth.

A growing chorus of Muslim leaders have called on the pope to apologize. Muslim scholars say his comments show little understanding of Islam and some say Islamic countries should threaten to break off relations with the Vatican.
One high-ranking Church source also also expressed fears for the pope's safety.

"While I think the controversy will go away, it has done damage and if I were a security expert I'd be worried," he said.

At least one Muslim leader, Syed Ahmed Bukhari, the chief cleric of New Delhi's historic Jama Masjid, India's largest mosque, extolled Muslims to "respond in a manner which forces the pope to apologize." He did not elaborate.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/013115.phpIslam row raises pope safety fears

Again, the stupid will rule.

The Religion of Peace.

As long as you submit and don't piss them off, sure it is.

I wish all the Muslim apologists could somehow reconcile the outrage Muslims show when something like this happens compared to 9/11 and Beslan.

They have no problem expressing outrage when it comes to insults to Islam. But when it comes to the terrorists who have supposedly "hijacked" Islam? No outrage there.

There has never been even one Muslim who has ever condemned 9/11 or Beslan without some kind of excuse or qualifier. Not one.

The Pope apologized althought what he said was absolutely true. What a pansy! He should have stuck to his guns.

No he didn't.

The last thing I read was that he "regretted' offending Muslims.

Just once I'd like a world leader to have the balls to point out how the reaction proves the statement.

Go ahead islamo-facists, KILL THE POPE! Maybe then we'll get the kind of reaction needed to start carpet bombing islam nations with NUCS!

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about terrorists, and muslims, and islam, and all they're fucking protesting, and car bombs, and cold blooded killing, that I can't even LOOK at someone that looks like a fucking sheet head without disdain. I'd like to kill 'em.

Go ahead islamo-facists, KILL THE POPE! Maybe then we'll get the kind of reaction needed to start carpet bombing islam nations with NUCS!

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about terrorists, and muslims, and islam, and all they're fucking protesting, and car bombs, and cold blooded killing, that I can't even LOOK at someone that looks like a fucking sheet head without disdain. I'd like to kill 'em.

It's pretty hopeless.

They will win. I just hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime, or my daughters lifetime.

But it will happen. There are too many people who hate this country. And those people are too stupid to look beyond their hate to the alternative.

New Topics

Forum List

Back