Islam kills 2000 in Nigeria

No. Because the war wasn't waged in the name of Christianity. Whereas book haram is explicitly islamist. There is no equivalence. And your mindset of equivalence is dangerous and suicidal to the West

Boko Haram is about as Islamist as the Lords Resistance Army is Christianist.

Nonsense. Boko Haram is following Mohammad's teachings on Islam. They could be the poster boys for it.
No, this is nonsense.

Boko Haram is in no way representative of Islam and all Muslims.

Just as your ignorance and unwarranted fear and hatred of Islam is not representative of all Christians.

That is what I tend to believe too, Jeri, but I'm not expert on the matter. :dunno: I also believe that they are following the REAL Islam.

I find this to be a rather nonplussing statement given that:

1.) They haven't even practiced a consistent governance style throughout the organization's life. How can it be the "real form of Islam" if it keeps changing dramatically on any given day?

2.) Not even Al Qaeda, and even the more "radical wings of it like the GSPC are willing to call what Boko Haram does Islamic, let alone ANY school of thought within Islam outside of Boko Haram. Even ISIL has ignored their calls for partnership and support. So I am a little curious about what would make you believe ( or I suppose Jeremiah) that this is the ONE "real" expression of Islam in the world.

3.) Boko Haram hasn't even been able to defend their own actions through even the furthest twists and most perverse and cherry picked verses from any Islamic texts / hadith collections. It's why their PR department collapsed and stopped even trying to do so. So even Boko Haram has essentially given in to the fact that their actions aren't Islamic.

How are they different? The Taliban and Al Quada do the same exact things!!! I suppose you are going to tell us that ISIS is not Islamic either? They all consider themselves a part of Islam. Why do you think it matters at ALL how you are classifying them? They believe in all the basics of Islam. They believe in the Quran. They call themselves Islam. Now . . . here is YOU, an anonymous internet poster saying that they don't know what they're talking about, and you don't believe they are representative of Islam?

No. Because the war wasn't waged in the name of Christianity. Whereas book haram is explicitly islamist. There is no equivalence. And your mindset of equivalence is dangerous and suicidal to the West

Boko Haram is about as Islamist as the Lords Resistance Army is Christianist.

Nonsense. Boko Haram is following Mohammad's teachings on Islam. They could be the poster boys for it.
No, this is nonsense.

Boko Haram is in no way representative of Islam and all Muslims.

Just as your ignorance and unwarranted fear and hatred of Islam is not representative of all Christians.

You just keep repeating this to yourself. They are representative of Islam. They believe in the Quran and they are following their interpretation of it. How is Boko Haram different from any of the other MANY extremist groups?

Why do you want people to ignore this threat to our security and safety? Because you are afraid to offend Muslims? Are you afraid of them?

Forum List

Back