Islam kills 2000 in Nigeria

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Votto, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Osomir

Osomir VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +318
    Unlike the Taliban, I don't really see true governance as a goal of theirs. They don't have, nor are they likely to win the support of local populations; one reason why fear through massacres and brutality is now one of their main tactics. The Taliban always had a more solid ideological core and really drew a lot of its recruits from religious schools in Pakistan in a way that Boko Haram has been unable to do so. More importantly, Boko Haram (due in part to their brutality) hasn't been able to forge the strong links to other Islamist groups that the Taliban depended on (the Haqqani Network). I think we definitely did see ideological drift in the Taliban, as we tend to see in all long term militant organizations, but not to this extent save for more recently (particularly Pakistan's TTP faction). Some factions do have those links, particularly to AQIM, but those aren't the ones under Shekau.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,468
    Well, I must admit that I'm not too knowledgeable about the different factions when it comes to some of these 3rd world countries and their religious minorities/majorities, but it seems to me that all of these groups tend to employ Sharia as a way to control the people. Perhaps the Taliban is more in control, but I've heard of some pretty brutal acts by them as well.

Let's just put it this way, I would not want ANY of them to be in control of me. Lol.

3. Book of Jeremiah

Book of Jeremiah Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,927
    Nonsense. Boko Haram is following Mohammad's teachings on Islam. They could be the poster boys for it.

4. Book of Jeremiah

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,927
    Try the Qu'ran. There are 109 murder verses in there that they can use to justify their actions. Add to this the hadith collection of Bukhari, second to the Qur'an and full of violence and allowances for the murder of women, children, civilians, whoever they feel like murdering. I do not care what your job was - your seriously misinformed on Boko Haram when it comes to their following Islam. They do. To the "T".

5. Book of Jeremiah

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,927
    This is the exact same thing Mohammad did. Abduction, rape, sex slaves, looting, "selling slaves", you name it. This is Islam. The real Islam. Wake up, America.

6. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,055
    "Islam kills 2000 in Nigeria"

Your unwarranted fear and hatred of Islam only exhibits how ignorant and ridiculous you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,468
    That is what I tend to believe too, Jeri, but I'm not expert on the matter. :dunno: I also believe that they are following the REAL Islam. Now, some might say the same about Christianity, as there are also some quite violent verses and stories in the Bible as well. However, Islam doesn't have a Jesus Christ to kind of balance things out. They have Muhammed, who was a warrior and a brutal fighter. He was not a peaceful man from everything I have read and heard about.

8. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,468
    Unwarranted? WTF is WRONG with you people? People throughout the world have a DAMN good reason for not trusting this ideology, and I am sick of you liberals pretending as if it is "unwarranted." It is NOT unwarranted.

9. Osomir

Osomir VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +318
    Not very compelling supporting evidence you have there.

10. Osomir

Osomir VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +318
    I find this to be a rather nonplussing statement given that:

1.) They haven't even practiced a consistent governance style throughout the organization's life. How can it be the "real form of Islam" if it keeps changing dramatically on any given day?

2.) Not even Al Qaeda, and even the more "radical wings of it like the GSPC are willing to call what Boko Haram does Islamic, let alone ANY school of thought within Islam outside of Boko Haram. Even ISIL has ignored their calls for partnership and support. So I am a little curious about what would make you believe ( or I suppose Jeremiah) that this is the ONE "real" expression of Islam in the world.

3.) Boko Haram hasn't even been able to defend their own actions through even the furthest twists and most perverse and cherry picked verses from any Islamic texts / hadith collections. It's why their PR department collapsed and stopped even trying to do so. So even Boko Haram has essentially given in to the fact that their actions aren't Islamic.