islam is the best

>>but whether or not you believe it is *us* re-registering and stirring up trouble<<

No, I never suggested that. I think the three of you are honest people who really beleive in the positions you publicly take. I think you would consider something like that as beneath you (and you would be right).
>>Who cares if he spoofs his IP address or not? <<
In the prior post you wanted me to look at your IP logs as proof of his authenticity. I see where the confusion lies. I don't claim that he is one of you, I just claim he has misidentified who and what he is to acheive a particular response from you guys. If you look back at the posts, he got what he came for when you responded to him the way you did.

>>Are you sure that's all you wrote in your post?<<
Yup. Not a muslem, you are niave. Those are the cogent points.

>>You're gullible enough to believe I would give a flying fuck if you ever posted here again or not. <<
No, I'm not that gullible. You can allways ban me, though that would be considered the desperate act of a partisan loosing an argument in many quarters.

>>I'll state it for the last time, if you don't like portions of the board, YOU ARE WELCOME TO NOT RETURN!<<
Or I can post my responses, which is what I have been doing
>> Unprovoked attacks will not be tolerated..Hey, dijetlo, FUCK YOU!<<
But jimmy, what will we do after you ban yourself??? You do this a lot, and many people have pointed it out to you. Someone says something you don't like, you come back with profanity and then accuse them of unprovoked attacks. Yet you allow people on the opposite side of the argument to insult and call names with no comment. What insult did I level at you jim, look back and read it. I said you were niave to think this guy is a muslem just because he uses the name Mustafa and posts threats. I suggested that this inability to spot a patent fraud was caused by your world view which accepts without question anything that supports it's understanding of the world, while rejecting, also without close examination, anything that doesn't fit into your understanding.

>> the only thing passed to the application layer is the source IP in the TCP/IP header, the spoofed one.<<
Yeah, excellent point but if you can trace him back to his switch you can often discern a general geographic location. You can trace him farther with the cooperation of his ISP (which is given to you by the address of the switch), but I think you know that allready.
The confusion is coming from the beleif that I think one of you guys is posting as Mustaffa (honestly, I never considered that as a possibiliy, I though Jimmy was trying to establish Mustaffas bona fides as a muslem by showing me he is originating from an ME ISP.)
Sorry for any confusion on that point.

>>but whether or not you believe it is *us* re-registering and stirring up trouble<<

No, I never suggested that. I think the three of you are honest people who really beleive in the positions you publicly take. I think you would consider something like that as beneath you (and you would be right).

Then what did you mean by "Their arguments become so weak, they are now creating strawmen to pop onto the board so they can beat them up"?

In the prior post you wanted me to look at your IP logs as proof of his authenticity. I see where the confusion lies. I don't claim that he is one of you, I just claim he has misidentified who and what he is to acheive a particular response from you guys. If you look back at the posts, he got what he came for when you responded to him the way you did.

And in what way did I respond that made me look like a 'sucker'? All I stated was "thank you for confirming my beliefs. You'll also notice the rolling of the eyes after my post.

No, I'm not that gullible. You can allways ban me, though that would be considered the desperate act of a partisan loosing an argument in many quarters.

Who said anything about banning? I simply stated you are free to leave if you like and I wouldn't be disappointed. I don't think I made any references to banning.

>> Unprovoked attacks will not be tolerated..Hey, dijetlo, FUCK YOU!<<
But jimmy, what will we do after you ban yourself??? You do this a lot, and many people have pointed it out to you.

My reply was hardly unprovoked. In fact, I think you posted on this thread solely to provoke.

Someone says something you don't like, you come back with profanity and then accuse them of unprovoked attacks.

Simply not true. I'll swear back at someone when they provoke me personally. If they post that they disagree with me you won't see any of it. Please point out to me all the instances where I attacked someone with profanity after they simply disagreed with me.

Yet you allow people on the opposite side of the argument to insult and call names with no comment.

Without provocation they do this? Again, please point these out to me.

What insult did I level at you jim, look back and read it.

"These three are duped most of the time."
"Their arguments become so weak, they are now creating strawmen to pop onto the board so they can beat them up"

You don't see these comments as insulting?

Yeah, excellent point but if you can trace him back to his switch you can often discern a general geographic location

First of all you can not trace him back to his switch if he is even he is part of a switched network. If his is dial-up the endpoint at his ISP will be a RAS and the RAS Logs need to be checked. The reason you cannot trace him back to his switch, is switchs work on L2 of the OSI model and MAC addresses do not cross L3 routing nodes. Again only routing interchange logs can be checked and traffic pattern analysis performed.

:laugh:

Thanks for the explanations, Eric. It appears we aren't the only few who have been "duped" in some way.

One thing I will give you is that I did rush to judgement without proper analysis, gave a knee jerk reaction, and am not afraid to admit it.
At that particular time I was involved in the disassembly and execution tracing of an application one of my clients can no longer get support for from the software vendor, who is out of business. His is trying to use the application over a Wan when it was designed for a LAN. The Ap does broadcast res. to try and find the license server, and this type of resoultion is not routable across a Wan, not even with PPTP, L2TP, or IPSEC. The plan is to rewrite the assembly code in the license verification fuction calls and feed back the license code we trapped from his LAN with packet captures tapped from the local workstations.

During the time consuming disassembly process I quickly peeked at the board, but my mind was not in the proper frame, and I responded too quickly. Sorry, but we all make errors in our judgement.

>> Please point out to me all the instances where I attacked someone with profanity after they simply disagreed with me.<<
How about when I said I thought you were gullible and you responded with "Hey dijetlo, FUCK YOU".
>> "Their arguments become so weak, they are now creating strawmen to pop onto the board so they can beat them up"?<<
When you respond to a troll as anything other than a troll, you are creating an opponent that does not exist. I can understand your confusion based on that one sentence. Reading now, I know why you felt I was accusing you, but that was not my intent. "Their argument" reffers to the conservatives argument, not specificaly you three. The troll is also, in all likelyhood a conservative. He popped on here so you could bash him. A conservative created the strawman specificaly to give steam to his own side argument. Does that better explain what I meant?

>>"thank you for confirming my beliefs." You'll also notice the rolling of the eyes after my post.<<
I assumed you were rolling your eyes at the phrase "thank you" since he came on the board to threaten people.
>>"These three are duped most of the time."<<
I beleive you are when it comes to politics and world events.

To eric
>>First of all you can not trace him back to his switch if he is even he is part of a switched network.<<
You can trace him to the internet switch for the network. Most ISPs' are local, therefor if you can trace him back to a switch for a domain "tehran.edu" for example, you could honestly say he was probably iranian.
to Jimmy
>>Thanks for the explanations, Eric. It appears we aren't the only few who have been "duped" in some way.<<
I got my MCSE after 10 years in the industry. I've run big iron (UNIX) about half my adult life, I can assure you that if I have been duped about topology, the OSI model, or pretty much anything eric has pointed out, I must have managed to dupe a lot people along the way because they still pay me to herd bits.

Originally posted by eric
The plan is to rewrite the assembly code in the license verification fuction calls and feed back the license code we trapped from his LAN with packet captures tapped from the local workstations.<<

:cof:
you gonna write a ioctl piece to automaticaly input the captured data or are you going to run a mock server to supply the liscencing ack?

Yeah, well I am not thrilled about looking like the way dijetlo claims we look. You know, this board is about DEBATE! we all have beliefs and argue about different topics, isn't that what debate is all about? I don't think there has to be the insults included in it all, calling someone STUPID or claiming duped, or anything else. Maybe we don't know all there might need to be known about Muslims and their religion, I just don't like the stuff I read, but I never bashed them for it - I don't think saying that someone who blows themself up is stupid is a part of bashing, or looking stupid, it's reality and what's being done, and I find it horrible that people would believe this as a desire or belief. I think dijetlo that you have come to this board and have given some great posts and I don't recall before this someone telling you that your stupid, duped, etc... in fact, one member told me that you have some great inputs and will give some a good run for the money, and you turned around and basically made this person look like an ass!!! You want to all bash one another, why don't you make an area strictly for bashing! leave the rest of the forum to TRUE debates and discussions in a manner that will not cause others to come back and turn a good debate into a insult area. I think we all might be guilty in this area, but there are some things said that bring out the nasty in people.

Maybe i am wrong, but I don't think there is a reason for the hostile here! remember, we all have our views on things, and it's a simple respect to one another to either agree or disagree without the insults!!

thank you very much!!! :D

The packets are are going to be hardcoded into the modified assembly functions. Why generate extra network traffic?

You can trace him to the internet switch for the network. Most ISPs' are local, therefor if you can trace him back to a switch for a domain "tehran.edu" for example, you could honestly say he was probably iranian.

The problem still remains tracing back to his ISP, since you would not have access the your network providers routing logs and the source IP could be bogus. Once in the ISP you could use switch tracing to find the endpoint router and check its logs. End users rarely enter the ISP through a switch because LAN broadcasts propogate switches adding unneeded traffic to the ISP internal network and increasing the chance of broadcast storms. Also switching tables work on MAC address not IP's (Unless they are layer 3 switches, which are usually used for VLANs). The ARP ack would never make it back from the destination IP.

>>Why generate extra network traffic?<<
I would never tell you your business, it is just that I've looked at a similar problems for other organizations. It would really depend on how many end users have the original code, where they are physicaly (i.e. how easy is it to update thier versions), the duration that the app is expected to remain in the inventory compared to how much traffic your generating with the liscencing. At some point in the past (when they bought the app) the extra network overhead was considered worth carrying. I've used both and found that a little C code and a unix box can plug a hole more easily than rolling out a fullscale app update, but its' just a plug and if your organization is going to continue to use the app into the future the fix your describing is superior.
>>The problem still remains tracing back to his ISP, since you would not have access the your network providers routing logs <<
Yea, once he drops behind the ISP switch he's invisible without the logs identifying his MAC address. I was just wondering what ISP he's using since he claims to be a radical muslem, I was thinking "tehran.edu", turns out he is from texas :D

At some point in the past (when they bought the app) the extra network overhead was considered worth carrying. I've used both and found that a little C code and a unix box can plug a hole more easily than rolling out a fullscale app update, but its' just a plug and if your organization is going to continue to use the app into the future the fix your describing is superior.

Good point. This network is unfortunately windows based, the good part though is thru the use of active directory w/remote installation services and a little scripting the updates are perform without intervention. Actually it worked out well here, I was able to patch the functions by disassembling the code, modifiying the assembly source, and recompiling. What I wound up doing was not even plugging in the captured data, but rather rerouting the jumps in the code. Works fine in beta, lets see once the client gets it tonight. After dinner I will log into the terminal server and upload the new .exe and hope for the best.

My apologies for the interruption!

Can you guys take a peek at the post I just made in the software section about crontab files?

Thanks!

>>Yeah, well I am not thrilled about looking like the way dijetlo claims we look.<<
It just looks like that to me, I really didn't mean to set off a fire storm, and I didn't mean to offend you.

>>You know, this board is about DEBATE! we all have beliefs and argue about different topics, isn't that what debate is all about? I don't think there has to be the insults included in it all, calling someone STUPID or claiming duped, or anything else.<<
Duped is not the same as stupid. I would never say any of you were stupid. Very smart people get duped by con artists who know how to play on their fears.

>>Maybe we don't know all there might need to be known about Muslims and their religion, I just don't like the stuff I read,<<
You choose the stuff you read. You probably read as much as I do but I never read just one point of view. Read the weeklystandard.com and then read the NY times. The truth lies somewhere in between.
>>but I never bashed them for it<<
I agree, you are a lady, I can only apologize most abjectly if I offended you. That was not my intent, it was a poorly worded criticism dashed off in haste and if I could take it back, I would.

dijetlo,

I think after all this, we can maybe start this again, and not come to what we did here. I don't go to much of this, for the simple reasons of being bashed, critisized, etc...but there are some posts that upset me, or I can actually say, I can debate on! :) sometimes I just don't have the time to sit and read fully or read up on things that I can turn around and say your wrong, here it is... I would like to jsut forget this, thanks for the words and carry on! You have been a very good contributor here and it seems silly for us to all get like this.

Originally posted by Mustafa
As a believer in Allah the Manificient we wish death to all of you infidels from ambush as ordered by Qur'an 9:5. The Israeli people have stolen our land and turned it into a garden. We enjoyed wandering in and out of this swamp land and desert until those no good Jews returned to their land. Now they invent terrible things that save the lives of humans and technology that makes them stronger than even our god Allah.

Nothing happens without the will of Allah, praise be he.

http://muslimnazis.homestead.com/BabyShields.html

No NO NO NONO NO stupid!!!!!!!
(where is that head banging on the wall smilie when you need one)

Originally posted by Mustafa
As a good Muslim and Arab, our Allah, may he be blessed, has ordered us to slay all of you from ambush unless you convert to believers in Allah and Mohammad our prophet.

Don't think for one minute that all of us, 1.3 billion are not going to do what our bible instructs us to do....

http://db.islamicity.com:81/quran/FMPro

Qur'an

9:5 But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

What is wrong with you? just like there are extremists, you are one too. First try to learn what is "Merciful" , what is not "merciful". The true "infadel" here is you , because a true God , never ever lets one child kill the other and it is not permitted by Quran, if you still want to kill some one first kill yourself , that way you will perform a great service to allah , by killing the biggest infadel there is in your life.

To mustafa,
For you, infadels are real, I understand, but if that were so then can you tell me why can't allah kill every one by himself? why does he require you?

The fact is, allah does kill people by his own wish in the form of natural death. If you truly want ot be a muslim, just go to a mosque each day, pray five times a day, give charity here and there.... and then go to sleep in a nice comfy bed... times have changed. Live peacefully and show the love of allah.

Forum List

Back