Islam is such a loving and peaceful religion....

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Muslims torture Christian to death
Seminary students tried to force him to convert to Islam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muslim seminary students in Pakistan tortured a young Christian for five days and nights to force him to convert to Islam, according to a British human-rights monitor.

The students in Toba Tek Singh, Punjab Province, accused 19-year-old Javaid Anjum of stealing their water pump when they found him drinking from an outside tap April 17, reported the Barnbas Fund.

Anjum replied he merely was searching for a drink and said, as a Christian, they could be assured he would not steal anything.

Upon learning of his faith, the students accosted Anjum and took him to a seminary run by Maulvi Ghulam Rasool, who along with others, tortured the Christian for five days.

Anjum's tormentors ordered him to deny his Christian faith and embrace Islam. Finally they took him to a local police station April 22 and accused him of theft.

Police recognized Anjum was dying and informed his family, allowing them to take him to a hospital.

Anjum made a statement on video during his hospital treatment, which included dialysis on several occasions because both kidneys failed, Barnabas Fund said.

He did not recover, however, and died in the hospital shortly after 2 a.m. on May 2.

Barnabas Fund said Anjum was a university student studying commerce.

He was returning to his grandfather's house after a visit to an aunt when he was abducted.

The injuries, the British group said, were "horrific," caused by electric shocks repeatedly to various parts of his body, including his ears, which damaged his hearing.

His right arm and fingers were fractured, and his nails were pulled out.

Anjum's feet were swollen from beating, and he suffered contusions and lacerations all over his body.

He also had many internal injuries along with the two failed kidneys, according to the doctor's report, which noted he passed blood or pus instead of urine.

In many places his skin appeared blackened and oozed pus, and he could barely move.

The head constable at the police station where Anjum was taken, however, said in a statement it was God's will that he had to die that way.

The constable added the Muslims caught and punished Anjum without intending to kill him.

The seminary head, Rasool, has been arrested, Barnabas Fund said.

Interesting. I wonder how many Christian organizations are out there torturing people to force them to believe in Christ. (Hint: the answer is ZERO.)

If you, unlike newguy, believe that Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity then you need only look to the inquisition to see that Christianity has tortured in an attempt to convert them.

If you support newguy's position then you need only look to the thirty years war to see both Protestant and Catholics willing to kill each other over the number of the sacraments.

If you look only a few centuries earlier then you will see that the most peaceful, religiously tolerant places in the world were controlled by the Muslims.

So yes Islam has fallen from grace, it is using violence and torture to further its goals... but so has almost every major religion at one time or another.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Muslims torture Christian to death
Seminary students tried to force him to convert to Islam

So, Islam is non-peaceful religion based on one incident?

By this theory, Christians must be rapists then, based on the Catholic church's priest scandal.

Originally posted by nycflasher
So, Islam is non-peaceful religion based on one incident?

By this theory, Christians must be rapists then, based on the Catholic church's priest scandal.

I posted an article.

Did you read it?

I think you must not have.

Do I have to post all the incidents happening in the world today whereby Islamists are attacking Christians and Buddhists in the world? Or can do your own research.

In the article the Police, of all people, say the man deserved what he got.

I proffer that this incident just shows the extent of the hate of the Islamic world towards those that are not Muslim. I mean, the guy was just getting a drink of water.

You must have major issues since you take exception to anything anybody says without, apparently, even reading the details.

Originally posted by deaddude
So yes Islam has fallen from grace, it is using violence and torture to further its goals... but so has almost every major religion at one time or another.

Oh, you're right. I guess since Christians were bad, it is okay for Muslims to act the way they do today.

That makes sense. Please forgive me for thinking that man has evolved.

So, in 100 years if Christians go on a rampage killing non Christians the world over, are you going to say, it is okay?

Your assertation that because something was done once by one group that it can be done by another makes no sense.

If you, unlike newguy, believe that Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity then you need only look to the inquisition to see that Christianity has tortured in an attempt to convert them.

If you support newguy's position then you need only look to the thirty years war to see both Protestant and Catholics willing to kill each other over the number of the sacraments.

If you look only a few centuries earlier then you will see that the most peaceful, religiously tolerant places in the world were controlled by the Muslims.

Well, I disagree with the position that Catholicism is not a Christian denomination. While I think some of their doctrines are extra-biblical, I have known many Catholics who try to follow Christ to the best of their ability.

As far as the Inquisition, yes, it happened. It was Catholics trying to force Protestants back into Catholicism. It was wrong. However, the wars between the two are long since overwith, and were just as much political as they were religious. To equate that to the persecution of Christianity in Iraq, or in Sudan, or other Islamic countries is apples and oranges.

The 'NEW and IMPROVED' Islamicists are to the world today what the CONQUISTADORS were to Christianity in the Age of Exploration.

They do not represent the majority opinion, yet that won't matter, they may kill millions. I for one have no desire to be the Incas or Aztecs of modern times.

You're going to go back about five hundred and fifty years to cite your example? That's really getting desperate, not to metion dated.

christianity did this,islam did that.if we truly wish to learn if any faith lends itself to violence is simple-read the text!read the new testament,what kinda life did jesus live,what did he preach.now look at the koran and hadiths,what kinda life did mohammad live and what did he preach.pretty simple huh.

if you are too lazy to read the text,just say"all religion is pretty much the same"or "we need to be tolerant (this means-DON'T RAISE QUESTIONS)!:D

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Oh, you're right. I guess since Christians were bad, it is okay for Muslims to act the way they do today.

So, in 100 years if Christians go on a rampage killing non Christians the world over, are you going to say, it is okay?

Your assertation that because something was done once by one group that it can be done by another makes no sense.

Musloms are suppossed to call Christians "people of the book" because we worship Christ and they believe that he was a prophet.

I try so hard not to hate Muslims, I try to believe that their religion really doesn't condone these things, but if the moderates don't speak up and fight the radicals, holy war is unavoidable.

Originally posted by Gop guy
Musloms are suppossed to call Christians "people of the book" because we worship Christ and they believe that he was a prophet.

I try so hard not to hate Muslims, I try to believe that their religion really doesn't condone these things, but if the moderates don't speak up and fight the radicals, holy war is unavoidable.

Islam is a strange religion. BUt I have know many(well, some anyway) muslims and they were all good, God-fearing people.
Even better than me in some ways, no cigs nor alcohol...

Just because our attackers use religion as an excuse, doesn't mean we have to buy into it.

My opinion anyway.

Originally posted by Chippewa
Islam is a strange religion. BUt I have know many(well, some anyway) muslims and they were all good, God-fearing people.
Even better than me in some ways, no cigs nor alcohol...

Just because our attackers use religion as an excuse, doesn't mean we have to buy into it.

My opinion anyway.

I agree with this. a close friend of mine is a muslim. She is one of the smartest most caring people i know. I think its a pity she has to hide her pretty face so much. but we respect one another and can have civilized conversations about just about anything.

Unfortunately the terrosts dont have respect for anyone including their fellow Muslims. They have appointed themselves Gods emissaries to destroy man because they think God is taking too long. I say if God wants people dead He can do it alot easier than people seem to give Him credit.

The fact is the terrorists are the biggest threasts to their fellow muslims. Because if they ever did destroy us, which of course is purely hypothetical, they would be turning on their muslim "brothers" for not being Muslim enough like the Taliban did in Aghanistan.

The only difference is all the other religions had their "fall from grace" about a thousand years ago

"Oh, you're right. I guess since Christians were bad, it is okay for Muslims to act the way they do today.

Your assertation that because something was done once by one group that it can be done by another makes no sense."

No I'm not (nor was I) condoning the present actions of Muslims based on past actions of Christians. I was pointing out historical violence in currently peaceful religions. My point being that the actions of these Muslims should not be enough to demonize the religion as a whole.

No I'm not (nor was I) condoning the present actions of Muslims based on past actions of Christians. I was pointing out historical violence in currently peaceful religions. My point being that the actions of these Muslims should not be enough to demonize the religion as a whole.

It is at the moment. Until they get their hoards under control, they can't bitch about how people view them.

I have said on this board time and time again that Christianity was reigned in by other Christians. So the Muslims need to start policing their own! If they won't do it, we have no choice but to do it for them.

Its kind of sad to see such hate of some people against others. However, we cannot take this and blame the entire race of people and doing so would be preposterous.

If a christian or a hindu would start killing others because they are not converting into the killer's religion , would you blame all christians in the world or all the hindus in the world?

There are a few radicals who have to be put in jail. The reasons for them to be not put into jails in those countries are many. One of the most powerful reasons would be corruption but there are many other factors also.

Originally posted by Myvoicecounts
Its kind of sad to see such hate of some people against others. However, we cannot take this and blame the entire race of people and doing so would be preposterous.
First off, it is not a "race" of people that is doing these horrible things. It is people that all belong to the same religion.

If a christian or a hindu would start killing others because they are not converting into the killer's religion, would you blame all christians in the world or all the hindus in the world?
Read the above post. When Christians did/do things like the Muslims do, we regn them in very quickly, we speak out against it, etc. Where are the Muslim masses speaking out against what the terrorists of their religion are doing??

There are a few radicals who have to be put in jail. The reasons for them to be not put into jails in those countries are many. One of the most powerful reasons would be corruption but there are many other factors also.
I have no idea what point you are trying to make here...... If you are trying to say that the "bad guys" aren't being jailed because of corruption, I would suggest you are wrong. They are not being jailed becuase many do not view what they are doing as being wrong.

Islam is not a peaceful religion. It is a religion of "WAR" that condones the murder of innocent, non-believes of their religion. About the only people that get any break are the "People of the Book" - Christians and Jews - and look at what they are doing to them! Pagans have no worth in life according the Quaran. A matter of fact, Pagans and atheist in Islam are NON-HUMAN and therefore, not afforded the right to life!

Forum List

Back