Islam is not inherently evil

• Banned
People do kill in the name of their God. That doesn't mean their religion itself is inherently evil.

Even Buddhists killed Muslims in Burma recently. Buddhism is non-violent. There is NO Buddhist scripture that supports killing.

• Banned
I would say that Christianity is not inherently evil either....for the same reason.

I agree. I don't think Christianity is inherently evil either, but making ANY religion a state religion is very dangerous.

Right now in America the movement to look out for is Christian reconstructionism.

terrorism is evil. People who abuse religious tenets to do harm are evil.

Discuss.

Your response is going to be that the Old Testament is violent also. Your problem is that Christianity is not the Old Testament. Islam is like the Old Testament being lived out in the 21st century. Why would you endorse a religion that still lives like people did thousands of years ago?

Last edited:
I would say that Christianity is not inherently evil either....for the same reason.

I agree. I don't think Christianity is inherently evil either, but making ANY religion a state religion is very dangerous.

Right now in America the movement to look out for is Christian reconstructionism.

Do you want to compare Mohammed and Jesus?

I believe it's more about what people DO with Mohammed and Jesus's teachings when they create these religions and mold those religions to excuse whatever it is they do.

I.E. Terrorists using Islam as an EXCUSE. Inquisition using Christianity as an EXCUSE.

Mohammed and Jesus were just guys with ideas....philosophers.

I believe it's more about what people DO with Mohammed and Jesus's teachings when they create these religions and mold those religions to excuse whatever it is they do.

I.E. Terrorists using Islam as an EXCUSE. Inquisition using Christianity as an EXCUSE.

Exactly. It's not that the religion is inherently evil, it's that people use religion to do evil acts.

Consider the fact, that a munitions company was putting Bible scripture on bullets for the army.

I consider that evil.

Mohammed and Jesus were just guys with ideas....philosophers.

Mohammed was a man of war who murdered people who didn't convert. Jesus was a man of peace and love who said "Love Your Neighbor". Looks to me like an Islamist terrorist is doing the will of his master while a Christian terrorist isn't. Would you agree or disagree with that?

Buford--

Christians need to clean up their own act instead of pointing the finger at people of other faiths.

You seem to forget all the terrorism that occurred in Northern Ireland over two Christian religions.

Exactly. It's not that the religion is inherently evil, it's that people use religion to do evil acts.

Consider the fact, that a munitions company was putting Bible scripture on bullets for the army.

I consider that evil.

Is shooting a woman in the back of the head for being accused of adultery evil? Is hanging homosexuals evil?

Buford--

Christians need to clean up their own act instead of pointing the finger at people of other faiths.

You seem to forget all the terrorism that occurred in Northern Ireland over two Christian religions.

You're confused, dear. Neither of those factions were part of a global war on civilization like Islamic terrorism.

I consider that evil.

Is shooting a woman in the back of the head for being accused of adultery evil? Is hanging homosexuals evil?

Yes, it is. So is beating your wife to death because the Bible tells you she should submit to your authority.

So is "kill gays" legislation in Uganda, a Christian movement supported by some Christians in America.

Last edited:

Discuss.

Your response is going to be that the Old Testament is violent also. Your problem is that Christianity is not the Old Testament. Islam is like the Old Testament being lived out in the 21st century. Why would you endorse a religion that still lives like people did thousands of years ago?

or how about the Spanish inquisition, the hundred years war, the war of the roses, massacers of christians by christians via the Pope decree and Protestantism. The killing for black children in churches by whites, the killing of gays by christians, it still goes on in the USA and christian nations, we have learned through history to have a secular society in which the church or the religion does not have the power it once had. islamic nations must learn to do the same.

Last edited:

Discuss.

or how about the Spamish inquisition, th ehundred years war, the war of the roses, massacers of christians by christians via the Pope decree and protantism. The killing for black children in churches by whites, the killing of gays by christians, it still goes on in the USA and christian nations, we have learned through history to have a secular society in which the church or the religion does not have the power it once had. islamic nations must learn to do the same.

So your point is that what we are going through with Islamic terrrorism is something we are just going to have to learn to live with until Islam matures. Is that right?

I consider that evil.

Yes, it is. So is beating your wife to death because the Bible tells you she should submit to your authority.

So is "kill gays" legislation in Uganda, a Christian movement supported by some Christians in America.

There is nothing in the New Testament endorsing men to beat their wives. There is in the Quran. You're very confused, dear.

Discuss.

Do you feel the same way about firearms? After all, guns are not inherently evil but people who abuse firearm safety rules while harming others are evil.

Forum List

Back