Islam is evil...

LuvRPgrl said:
again, show where civilians, and only civilians were targeted, and show where PRESIDENT BUSH (chew on that one for a while :)) ) said it is in the name of GOD, AND I MEAN A DIRECT STATEMENT AS SUCH, not some convaluted twisting of some of his speeches or such. The evil, vile terrorists, whom you support, said DIRECTLY, when beheading civilians, this is in the name of ALLAH.

I didn't say he said that. I was asking whether or no he was doing it in the name of God or in the name of Greed. It was a question, not a statement.

Frankly, I don't see what your point is about the beheadings, unless you are suggesting that its OK for us to kill civilians because they do it, too, which is just plain silly.

LuvRPgrl said:
Its your burden to show where PRESIDENT BUSH specifically said we are targeting civilians. (HINT, he said quite the opposite)

I think I'm starting to get it. Its OK to do things which you know will result in the deaths of many innocent people, as long as the following requirements are met

A) other people are doing it, too

B) you don't say that you are specifically targetting civilians.

OK, I think I understand your morality now.

LuvRPgrl said:
Show where anyone said no building burnt to the ground.
Now PROVE that it was done intentionally.

Oh, I get it. Bush sent hundreds of US warplanes over Iraq, loaded with bombs, and they accidently dropped them. OK. I see. Makes perfect sense.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. It's nationcide. IRan will not get nukes until they become reasonable and tolerant of others. If they try to, they will be destroyed.

Oh now you're just being ridiculous. "nationcide" isn't even a word!

Look up genocide in the dictionary

(from dictionary.com"

gen·o·cide n.

The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.

Do I need to define "national" for you?

SpidermanTuba said:
Oh now you're just being ridiculous. "nationcide" isn't even a word!

Look up genocide in the dictionary

(from dictionary.com"

gen·o·cide n.

The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.

Do I need to define "national" for you?

You might want to look it up. As stated, Iraq isn't a nation. :)

LuvRPgrl said:
Do you think its ok for you to intentionally beat kids because you are the good guy, or do you think its unavoidable when disciplining them, which is why we shouldnt discipline them?

Sure its unavoidable, but I wouldn't beat my other kids because of the actions of one of them.

LuvRPgrl said:
Or maybe it would be named "operation I wasnt totally serious" but sometimes it seems like that would be a good idea. But you guys have to attack something like that because you are so weak in your ability to attack our real strong points.

Hmm, that's pretty sick if you contemplate killing 25 million people every now and then and think its a good idea. I sure hope you never become President.

SpidermanTuba said:
So its OK to kill civilians, as long as you're killing legitimate military targets in the process?

We are way off topic here, but according to Just War Theory, some civilians are legitimate targets. For example, civilian employees of the military, workers in an arms/ammunition plant... people who are directly supporting the war effort.

SpidermanTuba said:
So its OK to kill civilians, as long as you're killing legitimate military targets in the process?
I don't think ANYONE (except the jihadists) believes it is ok to kill civilians. That is why Bush gave WARNING to Iraq before he invaded, so that, if their despot actually cared about his subjects, he could have evacuated the city before it was bombed.

mom4 said:
I don't think ANYONE (except the jihadists) believes it is ok to kill civilians. That is why Bush gave WARNING to Iraq before he invaded, so that, if their despot actually cared about his subjects, he could have evacuated the city before it was bombed.

Evacuate them to where? The middle of the desert? We can't even evacuate our own cities in the US - and you expect a third world nation to be able to do it?

Mariner, are you really such a simple minded fool? The best defense against terrorism is to do nothing? Your intelligence is subpar.

gop_jeff said:
We are way off topic here, but according to Just War Theory, some civilians are legitimate targets. For example, civilian employees of the military, workers in an arms/ammunition plant... people who are directly supporting the war effort.

Perhaps you can point out where in Just War Theory starting wars with nations which do not threaten you is OK.

SpidermanTuba said:
Perhaps you can point out where in Just War Theory starting wars with nations which do not threaten you is OK.

I'm assuming that you concede my first point.

Talk of WMD's aside, the fact is that Saddam Hussein had repeatedly broken the 1991 Gulf War cease fire between his army and the American-led Coalition Army. That alone was reason enough to resume hostilities between the two nations.

SpidermanTuba said:
Evacuate them to where? The middle of the desert? We can't even evacuate our own cities in the US - and you expect a third world nation to be able to do it?
Middle of the desert would be good, a lot safer than the city.

Compare and Contrast:

1)A despot contributes to a group, enabling and encouraging them to bomb several completely civilian targets in another country, without warning, at a time of day that will result in optimum deaths.
2)After being bombed, a government receives intelligence that a despot collaborated in the attack. The figurehead of the government announces to the despot and the worldwide media that the despot has an option. Comply with international agreements about your illegal activities, or be bombed. The announcement is made with time given to evacuate the despot's main city should he choose not to compy.

Discuss.

gop_jeff said:
I'm assuming that you concede my first point.

Talk of WMD's aside, the fact is that Saddam Hussein had repeatedly broken the 1991 Gulf War cease fire between his army and the American-led Coalition Army. That alone was reason enough to resume hostilities between the two nations.

Where in Just War Theory does it state that mere breaking of an agreement is justification for invasion?

I do concede your first point. However, it isn't much of a point, as the thousands of civilians we killed weren't all military employees.

mom4 said:
Middle of the desert would be good, a lot safer than the city.

You are aware, that people need water to survive, and that there isn't much water in the desert?

What is your discussion even about? What despot collaborated in the 9/11 attacks other than Osama Bin Laden?

SpidermanTuba said:
Where in Just War Theory does it state that mere breaking of an agreement is justification for invasion?

It was a cease fire agreement. As in you do this we won't shoot. You do that, we shoot. Get it??

Forum List

Back