Islam is a peaceful religion?

ixove1971

Rookie
Aug 31, 2004
I cannot count on any number of fingers how many times i have heard that Islam is a peaceful religion. Yet from the very beggining of the Islamic religion violence and death have followed it around like a blanket on a cold winter night. When Muhummed was 40 years old he encountered an "angel", at first he thought it was a Jin or a demon(he should have tested the spirit to see if it was from God, but alas he did not), and dismiised it correctly as so. He went home and his wife informed him he should go back and write down what this Angel told him, hense the creation of the Qu'ran or a doctrin of demons was created. Several quotes from the Qu'ran inform its followers to kill those who dont follow their religion, no choice but either conform and except or deny and die. Christians and Jews are called "descendants of apes and pigs", and followers are suppose to spread Jihad where ever they can. To say that Islam is a peaceful religion is a lie, followers who do not do the things that this book tell them cannot truly call themselves followers of this religion..and thank goodness for that becuase if every Muslim followed the Qu'ran as it says..we would have so many terrorists that we would have a world war just to purge them from our mists..

ixove1971 said:
I cannot count on any number of fingers how many times i have heard that Islam is a peaceful religion. Yet from the very beggining of the Islamic religion violence and death have followed it around like a blanket on a cold winter night. When Muhummed was 40 years old he encountered an "angel", at first he thought it was a Jin or a demon(he should have tested the spirit to see if it was from God, but alas he did not), and dismiised it correctly as so. He went home and his wife informed him he should go back and write down what this Angel told him, hense the creation of the Qu'ran or a doctrin of demons was created. Several quotes from the Qu'ran inform its followers to kill those who dont follow their religion, no choice but either conform and except or deny and die. Christians and Jews are called "descendants of apes and pigs", and followers are suppose to spread Jihad where ever they can. To say that Islam is a peaceful religion is a lie, followers who do not do the things that this book tell them cannot truly call themselves followers of this religion..and thank goodness for that becuase if every Muslim followed the Qu'ran as it says..we would have so many terrorists that we would have a world war just to purge them from our mists..

I'm afraid the days of being PC with the muslims is coming to an end.

ixove1971 said:
I cannot count on any number of fingers how many times i have heard that Islam is a peaceful religion. Yet from the very beggining of the Islamic religion violence and death have followed it around like a blanket on a cold winter night. When Muhummed was 40 years old he encountered an "angel", at first he thought it was a Jin or a demon(he should have tested the spirit to see if it was from God, but alas he did not), and dismiised it correctly as so. He went home and his wife informed him he should go back and write down what this Angel told him, hense the creation of the Qu'ran or a doctrin of demons was created.

Most of what you say is in principle, correct.

But Mohammad was functionaly illiterate.

And at age 40, as the singular prophet to rule as a dictator as a fundamentalist tyrant, there was no single 'wife' for Mohammand to advise him to 'write' anything down. Instead, at that time, when his rule became tantamount in the Islamic world, he had a large number of Muslim wives, and for those less willing to convert to Islam and marry, even more held in sex slavery as a personal harem.

Among them all, half of them former Jewish girls captured and taken as war booty, his visitations from age 40 failed to seed any more offspring:

http://www.geocities.com/islamic_monitor/Rebuttal.htm

In fact,

http://www.geocities.com/islamic_monitor/Rebuttal.htm

Mohammad was curiously sterile after age 40, even though he visited his wives on a rotation system, spending each night with a different wife.

Several quotes from the Qu'ran inform its followers to kill those who dont follow their religion, no choice but either conform and except or deny and die. Christians and Jews are called "descendants of apes and pigs", and followers are suppose to spread Jihad where ever they can.

Naturally. The bulk of the Qu'ran was compiled by Mullahs in the keeping of the empire following Mohammad's own death, much of based on personal recollections of the prophets' words and deeds.

And with two established competitive religions from which much of Islam derives, consistent oppression and/or endless calls for war against them serve the ideological needs of Islam as a bastardized version of the Old and New Testaments mixed with elements of the Moon God Allah of former Polytheistic Arabia.

To say that Islam is a peaceful religion is a lie, followers who do not do the things that this book tell them cannot truly call themselves followers of this religion..and thank goodness for that becuase if every Muslim followed the Qu'ran as it says..we would have so many terrorists that we would have a world war just to purge them from our mists..

It's certainly not a book one can follow in spirit, such as the New Testament, and expect to live in peace with others. While Jesus as the prophet urged other's to let God have judgement on others in death, Mohammads' Allah demands full commitement from his followers to rise against others in life. It's simply a product of a ruthless, power hungry tyrant who left behind a vast realm he personally built upon slaughter and subjugation. And written by those who enjoyed and extolled the virtues of that regime.

There are many kinds of Christianity, yes? Catholicism, Protestantism, Orthodoxy ect. Likewise there are many kinds of Orthodoxy, Catholicism, and Protestantism. There were (and are) Christian people who were (and are) violent. Most these acts of violence occurred during the Reformation, which was when Christianity was about 1500 years old give or take a century, but even then there were many nonviolent Christians.

Now there are also different kinds of Islam, Shia, Sunni, ect. Like wise there are different kinds of Sunni and Shia. Right now the Islamics are in their violent era. Islam is about 1500 years old give or take a century, but even now there are many nonviolent Muslims.

deaddude said:
There are many kinds of Christianity, yes? Catholicism, Protestantism, Orthodoxy ect. Likewise there are many kinds of Orthodoxy, Catholicism, and Protestantism. There were (and are) Christian people who were (and are) violent. Most these acts of violence occurred during the Reformation, which was when Christianity was about 1500 years old give or take a century, but even then there were many nonviolent Christians.

Now there are also different kinds of Islam, Shia, Sunni, ect. Like wise there are different kinds of Sunni and Shia. Right now the Islamics are in their violent era. Islam is about 1500 years old give or take a century, but even now there are many nonviolent Muslims.

Absolutely.

Almost all the horrendous murdering terror acts in the last 40 years are due to the acts of those who adhere to one religious faith among a culture with a majority sharing that same faith.

And among almost every war on Earth, barring only a few exceptions, the primary conflict is one between a society of Muslims and various others.... Hindi, Jewish, Cristian, even Buddism. It doesn't matter, because Islam simply refuses to co-exists.

So when we talk of today and with respect to actual conflict and terrorism, it's not like we need be reminded of the time and trials of Christianity, as if in that age they held a monopoly on oppression... even at it's worst, you'd be hard pressed to find a system even remotely more developed than Feudalism compared to despots among tribal conflicts in the rest of humanity.

But only Islam fails to adapt, and only Islam insists upon a monopoly of faith, and if I lived in any Arab state it's a crime to say that I wish it to be completely destroyed, along with the scripture sponsored by the murderious and rapacious tyrant called Mohammad, a despotic ruler of an empire build upon conquest. Now I'd be killed for saying that among Muslim states, which only proves how pathetic the faith is, one which cannnot stand the simple truth in those words, and one dependant upon my death and unquestioning faith rather than open introspection. It's a very weak basis for faith.

Yes there are muslims, quite a few actualy, who are currently unwilling to coexist. There are just as many who desire only peace and the right to pracite their religion peacefuly. Many tenants of Islam are peaceful.

Look at the five pilliars,

1: observe romadon

2:there is no god but Allah and mohammed is his prophet

3: Pilgrimage to Mecha.

4: Alms to the poor.

5: pray five times a day

Many of these are actions are supported by Christian sects,

1: observe Lent (catholic I realise but very simialar to Romadon)

2: "I am the one true God you will have no other God save me"

3: Pilgrimages to Jerusalem and other holy sites are common

4: The giving of Alms is one of the most important duties to many christians

5: Prayer is a universaly supported activity

I am not argueing against action against the violent factions, I am argueing that the actions of these violent factions do not justify the destruction of all Muslims everywhere.

Difference between Christianity and Islam, christians will denounce those among their faith who give a bad name to the whole. Many of the faithful masses strongly denounced the Priest sex scandal and called for the Vatican to do something.

Where are the masses that are calling on the leaders of islam to do something about these radicals who are hijacking their religion? When do we hear the outcry from these common folks of islam after a terrorist bombing that kills hundreds if not thousands? You don't.

That is your difference between islam and other major religions.

insein said:
Difference between Christianity and Islam, christians will denounce those among their faith who give a bad name to the whole. Many of the faithful masses strongly denounced the Priest sex scandal and called for the Vatican to do something.

Where are the masses that are calling on the leaders of islam to do something about these radicals who are hijacking their religion? When do we hear the outcry from these common folks of islam after a terrorist bombing that kills hundreds if not thousands? You don't.

That also reminds me of another key difference in our society. We can SUE the church. In an Islamic society, who would dare sue the Mullahs, let alone apply the rule of law to them. Al-Sadr can murder others and even wage insurrection, but if he rapes little boys I doubt we'll see any legal compensation from him or any other leader of the religion.

Comrade said:
But only Islam fails to adapt, and only Islam insists upon a monopoly of faith.

Isn't that the basis of all religion? It is devine and therefore perfect? Xianity certainly takes this as self-evident.
If as a Xian I convert to another faith, I commit the ultimate sin - far worse than any sodomy, genocide, rape or pillage - because I have rejected Jesus. That sounds pretty monopolistic to me!

Comrade said:
That also reminds me of another key difference in our society. We can SUE the church. In an Islamic society, who would dare sue the Mullahs, let alone apply the rule of law to them. Al-Sadr can murder others and even wage insurrection, but if he rapes little boys I doubt we'll see any legal compensation from him or any other leader of the religion.

;) Saddam didn't bother sueing the Mullahs, he simply had them shot. Sadr's father being a good example! Damn! If only he hadn't been removed from power, he might still be doing that! ;)

insein said:

This comp. is invalid. Priest sex scandals are to do with paedophilia and not religion, hence the outcry, by all, not just Xians.

8236 said:
Isn't that the basis of all religion? It is devine and therefore perfect? Xianity certainly takes this as self-evident.
If as a Xian I convert to another faith, I commit the ultimate sin - far worse than any sodomy, genocide, rape or pillage - because I have rejected Jesus. That sounds pretty monopolistic to me!

There is a difference.

Christians are not afraid of the competition of ideas. Because we believe truth will overcome.

Since the time the Bible was brought to the people during the Reformation and onward Christianity has been guided by the idea that we need to come closer to God and when people have done things in the name of Christianity that have been contrary to the Scriptures we are the first to denounce them.

it was Christianity that started the Renaissance, the reformation, the enlightment, the scientific revolution.

Christianity ended slavery. Christianity ended killing people because they are different. We arent going to chop of your head if you reject our message. Judgment is left up to God. What we are going to is share our love and hope you return.

We dont need the government telling us what religion we have to be.

All religions have truth. but in Christianity you can find all truths in one. Every truth you find in another religion can be found in the fulness of Christian doctrine.

Do Christians have a monopoly on truth? no, you can find truth among every sect of religion ever imaginable. What Christians do have a monopoly on is the assimilation of all that truth and a knowledge of its source, Jesus Christ.

8236 said:
This comp. is invalid. Priest sex scandals are to do with paedophilia and not religion, hence the outcry, by all, not just Xians.

Where is the outcry against those who strap bombs to children? Where is the outcry against those who chop off the heads of others? where is the outcry of those who oppress women? Where is the outcry of those who slaughter children?

when members of a religion claim the protection of the religion to preform wicked deeds they should be spoken again. But why is there no outcry among the muslim community against these atrocities as compared with the catholic community?

I do not think all muslims believe in the views of the extremists. in fact just the opposite. But they need to have the same freedom to oppose these extremists as Christians have.

8236 said:

Aside from the evident fact that Judeo-Christian society is no longer based on large numbers of fundamentalist followers but has instead made a large degree of copromises to exist under secular rule, the difference is the letter of law under Islam requires actionable penalties carried out by a poltical body endowed with authority, while the New Testament gives unto Ceasar and allows God to issue justice in the afterlife.

Comrade said:
Aside from the evident fact that Judeo-Christian society is no longer based on large numbers of fundamentalist followers but has instead made a large degree of copromises to exist under secular rule, the difference is the letter of law under Islam requires actionable penalties carried out by a poltical body endowed with authority, while the New Testament gives unto Ceasar and allows God to issue justice in the afterlife.

I disagree. Fundamentalist followers of Judeo Christianity can live within a a secular society. In fact do to religious Persecution in the past Christians will gladly move for religious freedom and tolerance and a more secularized government. Thats why we set up Governments with restricts to protect religions from the government.

I disagree. Fundamentalist followers of Judeo Christianity can live within a a secular society. In fact do to religious Persecution in the past Christians will gladly move for religious freedom and tolerance and a more secularized government. Thats why we set up Governments with restricts to protect religions from the government.

If early persecution of Christians led to 1000+ years of total Christian rule and then we finally snapped out of it... well I guess much of time is also persecution to me anyway. So I'd agree we snapped out of it all kinds of good reasons. But what is the key to unlock secular democracy for Islam then? They are the persecutors as a rule, not the persecuted. Is the scripture simply a barrier that precludes free, liberal Democracy?

Comrade said:
If early persecution of Christians led to 1000+ years of total Christian rule and then we finally snapped out of it... well I guess much of time is also persecution to me anyway. So I'd agree we snapped out of it all kinds of good reasons. But what is the key to unlock secular democracy for Islam then? They are the persecutors as a rule, not the persecuted. Is the scripture simply a barrier that precludes free, liberal Democracy?

It wasnt the early persecution of Christians that led to the Christian rule, it was the adoption of Christianity of the emperor to control the population that caused the "Christian" rule of the dark ages. Honestly though, i think that Christianity was just a shell of what Christianity should be.

No what i was saying about Persecution of Christians creating tolerant religious society was the result of the persecutions and fighting over after the Reformation. It was becoming clear that none of the Churches that arose would be deminant. The people realized that without a separation of Church and state. IE no official state religion, Christians would not be allowed to find Christ and follow him as they feel they should.

I also mentioned the scriptures coming to the people. With the Bible in the hands of the people now, they had the accounts of the Old testament times before the Kings during the riegn of judges and the times of the prophets before. Joshua articulated the princple well "Choose this day whom you will serve" Which showed Christians that you can only be true disciples if you have a choice in the matter and if Government doesnt force it on you.

It wasnt the early persecution of Christians that led to the Christian rule, it was the adoption of Christianity of the emperor to control the population that caused the "Christian" rule of the dark ages. Honestly though, i think that Christianity was just a shell of what Christianity should be.

No what i was saying about Persecution of Christians creating tolerant religious society was the result of the persecutions and fighting over after the Reformation. It was becoming clear that none of the Churches that arose would be deminant. The people realized that without a separation of Church and state. IE no official state religion, Christians would not be allowed to find Christ and follow him as they feel they should.

I also mentioned the scriptures coming to the people. With the Bible in the hands of the people now, they had the accounts of the Old testament times before the Kings during the riegn of judges and the times of the prophets before. Joshua articulated the princple well "Choose this day whom you will serve" Which showed Christians that you can only be true disciples if you have a choice in the matter and if Government doesnt force it on you.

:clap:

The 'Muslims-Killed-by-the-West' Lie

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The alleged butcher of the off-duty British soldier, Drummer Lee Rigby, defended his carving up of a living human being by claiming that he was engaging in "an eye for an eye" because the British army is killing Muslims in Afghanistan.

Normally there is no reason to respond to the justifications offered by terrorists and other murderers of the innocent. But in this case it is important to do so because much of the Muslim world resonates to this argument and because much of the world's left offers this argument.

This is true even though a large majority of Muslims do not support terror and even though leftists do not support it. Nevertheless, throughout the Muslim and leftist worlds it is believed -- and our children are taught this at college -- that America, the UK. and other countries are targeted by Muslims because we kill Muslims.

The argument is morally perverse and a lie.

First, the U.K. and others are in Afghanistan in order to defend Muslims. Brits and other Westerners are risking their lives, and dying, in that country on behalf of Muslims.

Here's a question for Muslims and leftists who buy this argument about the West killing Muslims in Afghanistan: Who are we fighting in Afghanistan?

The Dennis Prager Show

Forum List

Back