Islam: Empire of Faith

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
I just watched this on Netflix. (I love Netflix!)

What a fascinating exploration of Muslim history. This documentary even has an understandable answer to the difference between Sunni and Shiite.

PBS rocks! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX3UHNhQ1Zk]YouTube - Islam: Empire of Faith. Part 1: Prophet Muhammad and rise of Islam (full; PBS Documentary)[/ame]

You can't picture Islam's long history in 3*50 minutes.
It's a good production, but superficial.

I love PBS too..and my netflix. But...after watching The Stoning of Soraya, I think I learned enough.

islam-demotivational-poster-1210305701.jpg
yep

I love PBS too..and my netflix. But...after watching The Stoning of Soraya, I think I learned enough.

I don't know, Gracie... Is it possible to be done learning?

:beer: To knowledge and education!

How can we possibly forge a positive relationship with so large a percentage of the worlds population without a better understanding of their history? I wish more peoples histories were better preserved. The empires built around Islam down through the ages are fascinating.

It's also amazing to see how similar the religions of Islam and Judaism were at their beginnings. The historic keys were the same: Writing the stories on paper and preserving them through copying. That's how you build 'sacred texts' and a religion.

Forum List

Back