Islam Does not Permit Killing Unless Your are Being Oppressed from Practicing Islam

Originally posted by ajwps
Originally posted by sweetbilly

Ok mustafa, are you trying to say that you have the authority to kill whom ever you believe to be the enemy of God?

No I am saying that it is a sin to kill anyone in the name of G-d. More humans have been killed in the name of one god or another than any form of dictatorship, government, crusade or conversion of others from their own religions.

I agree with you, it is a sin to kill in Gods name.

Because if this is what you are saying, you have completely missed the point in the bible; and is not so ironically missing in the Qur'an. First, Jesus was God in carnate, so the choice to take life or give life is solely his (yes Godhead).

What proof have you that Jesus was a god incarnate (in the flesh) or any one part of a god-head? Don't tell me because St. Paul told you so....

No, not because Paul told me, Jesus said it himself when he said "I am that I am" He wasn't saying he was popeye. In Hebrew, "I am" was the name God gave Moses in the old testament when Moses asked who he was. To elaborate on this further read Genisis 3:22. Who is God talking to, who is US? And what is the tree of life? Then read John chapter 1:1. Is John actually saying that Jesus is the word, and in the beginning he was with God? Is John actually be saying that Jesus/God/spirit are one in the same? So here we have two books written by two completely different people, written thousands of years apart, saying exactally the same thing, pretty strange huh? I think you will find the bible, if it is translated correctly, is full of examples like this. Why do you think Jesus told satan "man does not live by bread alone, but every word that procedith out of the mouth of the father." He was saying don't twist Gods words. Those that have don't have Gods real words, only satans distortions.
Second, Yes God did give man the choice to choose between Good and evil, but the original sin that caused man to fall out of grace with God was thinking we can in anyway be like God (making decisions about who is evil who gets life Etc...like Islam feels God allows them to make) To suggest that man can in anyway be like God is aubsured, yet, In most of the Islamic nations they feel that they are absolutely correct in thinking that christians/Jews are the enemy of God (because of the teachings in the Qur'an, which are not the teachings of God).

Why would your concept of original sin (the eating of the forbidden apple) which gave Adam and Eve's an understanding that they were naked and ashamed somehow be passed on as a sinful nature to all generations. This concept of original sin is a Christian concept and not one in which the original bible (Old Testament) condemns all mankind to a helpless sin nature.

Adam/Eve had no concept that they were naked or had sinned, it was only when they became disobediant and ate the apple, which they were ordered by God not to eat, that they then knew of good and evil. If you really pay attention while you are reading Genisis you can read the first prophecy concerning the comming and sacrifice of Jesus too. Genisis 3:15 "I shall put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shalt bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heal" ( this referring to the sacrifice of Jesus; what would happen to Jesus on the cross, and what his sacrifice would do to Satan.) so are you trying to say you can save yourself, even when God has told you there is nothing you can do or give him. Don't you think God would take it as an insult by telling him you don't need him to save you? Besides didn't Cain murder Abel, proving that sin is passed on to all generations? once again read Genisis 3:22 because it is also saying that men are born not good, but evil. Very few of us have eaten of the tree of life, and those who have know they have. It is a personal experience between God and his children and forever takes away all doubt.

Men and women suffer the outcome by working by the sweat of their brows and the pain of childbirth. But men and women are born sinless while each person has the ability to choose their path between good and evil. As for Qur'an, a bible written by an illiterate used camel salesman, was a barbarian pedophile.

You're right, you do have the option of choosing to do either good or evil in this world, but just because you act a certain way dosen't mean that that's what you are. I'm sure God dosen't look down on good works, but it dosen't cure the initial problem of inate sin does it, remember Adam/Eve did not know they had sinned when they ate the apple? Besides tell me one thing God cannot give his children, including salvation?

You have accepted Jesus as your savior and the one who gives you freedom from any sins you may commit and that is your right. But your belief has no more validity to G-d than the sun-gods of the Incas.

Actually, if you study it, christianity is the only belief in the world that differs from all the others. The others are more similar to each other than they are different. Islam/ Budism/Hinduism/sadly Judism too, and any other that you want to bring up, all say the same thing " I can save myself, I don't need God to do it for me." This is really too bad, i'm sure God would like his children to recoginize his divinity/sovernty someday. Like i said earlier, physical scientific proof matches the Judeo-christian biblical text to the word; something that is missing in ALL other religions, including Islam. Read Genissis all the way through. It reveals the formation of the earth, exactally the way it is presently, and explains what happened geologically after the flood, even before Geology was a science. For those of us who understand things like (I'm not insulting you, ok) radio carbon dating, basalt deposits in the ocean, and continental drift also understand why main-stream science has missed the flaws in their theories and can't explain them. That's why their numbers don't jive, they don't believe the bible either. However, when the biblical text is introduced into the equation we can explain things main stream science can't.

And finally, being saved is not about what a person does in life "all have fallen short of the glory of God", it's about who you are with Satan/God, that's the reason why jesus was sent to save us (so we could have an image by which we could make the choice when antichrist comes, plus he was the blood sacrifice required for sin which is the reason he was the seed of God and the egg of woman, still man making the sacrifice to God)

First, I do not follow the evil beliefs of Islam as any thinking person can see the true meaning of Muhammad's contorted bible. You believe in a god that is from the egg of a woman and the seed of a ghost (or a man named Joseph). You may have fallen short of Jesus's glory but the G-d who created everything and this universe has no relatives or alter egos. A G-d that no one can see as He has no substance, no measurements and can't be understood by human intellect. You have a god-man Jesus who lived on earth, breathed the air, defecated, urinated, killed innocent fig trees and beat up the men who were selling animals for sacrifice to those who had no sacrificial animals of their own.

Those men, Jesus supposedly beat up, were getting rich off of God's name, and God/Jesus did not like it. That innocent Fig tree refused to provide good fruit as it too was commanded to do by Jesus, so God/Jesus made it an example of what happens when God is disobeyed. You say Joseph, and not the holyspirit impregnated Marry. Hum, then explain this: why then, if Jesus wasn't the son of God, or God in carnate, Hasn't anyone in two-thousand-years proven Jesus, whose ministry only lasted for three years, to be a false prophet? Good question huh? Remember the new testament is wholy built upon Jesus' teachings, and if it dosen't or can't jive with the old testament that would mean Jesus was a liar and not hte son of God like he said he was. If it does, then Jesus was exactaly as he said he was. God is incapable of lying in any fashion.

No blood sacrifice or killing of your son is necessary for man to save himself by living a life of mercy, justice and walking in the path of G-d. Adolph Eichmann in 1961 was tried for being responsible for the death of millions of Jews and gentiles. He was asked by his judges if he wanted to make peace with his maker. He accepted Jesus Christ's shed blood from a minister and the minister said after his death that this mass murderer was now living with Jesus in his mansions in the sky. When the press asked the minister about the millions of men, women and children who were murdered by this man who had not accepted Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the minister simply replied, "Oh these innocents are burning in hell." So the mass murderer lives with your god and those who believed in the father (G-d) are burning in hell for not accepting the son (god-head) Jesus. NICE.....

I'd like to know who that minister is so i can give him a piece of my mind, how would he know who is in heaven and who's not? The reason why many of those people suffered at the hands of the Germans was because many of them refused to accept Gods saving grace (Jesus Christ), so God did not interfere because they did not ask him to. This isn't a case of evil hurting good, this is a case of the lost being hurt by satan. God knows who believes in him and dosen't, there's no dogma to being saved, Eichman is in Hell right next to Hitler. Both were practitioners of their true faith, satanism.

We were all headed to hell, and if you think you can do something to earn your way to God you are quite mistaken.

Speak for yourself.....

Christians know they are right in their translation of the bible because of things like astronomy, archeology, fulfilled prophecys found only the bible, geology, and i'm not talking main stream science either, they don't know what's real either (they believe in evolution). I'm talking about stuff based solely on litteral biblical translations. Like check this out www.Pinkosi.com pay attention to the "red sea post", how could stuff this exist if it never happened? It surely wasn't a jewish conspiracy, and it follows christain biblical texts to the T.

Really??? Apparently you are not aware that the Dead Sea Scrolls of 2000 years ago didn't mention Jesus name one time nor did they have one mention of replacement theology where the Jewish people were replaced by a god called Jesus. There is not one single archeological proof of a man who lived by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth except in the works of the pagan Constantine and his Nicine Council some three hundred years after the so called crucifixion of Christ. Read about the orignal pagan Roman religion of Mythra and there you will find the same concepts of original sin, a god coming to earth to impregnate an earth woman, a saving son who was killed and rose, etc, etc. etc.

the dead sea a scrolls were written before Jesus, thus they wouldn't have any references to him. Do you know what the name Jesus means, it means emanuel, or God is with us. Mary was told by the holysprit to name her child this. No there is no archelogical proof that Jesus was alive just written records by many people of that time. You will also find that there was a Jewish prophecy concerning the comming of the massiah, those others you speak were taken from this and twisted. Funny in South America about the time of the Incas there was also a story of a man that built a giant boat before a massive flood and put animals on it, sound framiliar?
Christianity appears to have been borrowed from the earlier pagan religions, the gnostic and mystery religions that existed before Christianity. Take a note that the original Old Testament is part of your bible and somehow, maybe by chance or copying, many of the concepts and events seem to have happened with Jesus and his time a thousand or more years later. I can copy a bible and make a new one as well.

No, actually none were incoroporated in to the bible. The bible is the most scrutinized religious text in the world, if there was one scriptural refference in any of the texts that didn't meet the prophetical standards of the other 65 books it would have been thrown out long ago; like many others were. So you can write a bible too huh? Read Isaiah chapters 22-25 it's talking about the world trade center towers. Can you tell me about the future too, because my bible did? Can the koran do that? A reference to George Bush is in there too, "the youngest will lead them" and the war going on in Iraq right now. Most christians know these references are in the book of revelations (new testament).
So which book do you think is correct, Islam/Qur'an that can't provide things like this, or Christianity/bible that can. I never thought it was a hard decision to make myself.

Neither can be proved by any evidence except in the light of history of these two religions. You will eventually learn how hard that decision was for you to make yourself.

it's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it? "believe upon me in faith"

New Guy, you have written quite a bit and I doubt that I will be able to answer it all - it's too much. First, let us keep the debate civil. I am not comparing you a terrorist but I am comparing you're method of quoting verses out of context. (Wahabis do this extensively but, of course, they also do atrocious things. You do not.)

The time to slay infidels is during a war against them. Islam does not endorse marauding and piracy. Taking life is not subject to hatred and fiat. "...Take not LIFE, which Allah has made sacred, except by way of justice and law... (Qur'an 6:151)

Since you alluded to correcting translations, I will do just that in the case of Sura 9:39. It does not say Allah will kill him (although He might). It means punish. Jihad is required of a Muslim if he is under attack from oppressors. I consider it sensible to defend yourself and family from those who would destroy you.

Sura 4:90 tells Muslims to kill their enemies wherever you find them. Why do you describe the violence of war as mass murder? What are you supposed to do to your enemies? Shake their hand? Islam doesn't allow Muslims to kill non-combatants.

The Muslims divide the world into Darul-Islam (the area where Islam governs), the Darul-Ahda (the World where Islam is allowed to be practiced and propagated) and Darul-harb (the world where Islam is not allowed to be practiced or propagated, such as Afghanistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan under the Soviet Union. If Muslims are not allowed to practice their faith the Qur'an commands Muslims to fight. The fact is that parts of the Islamic world was spread by the sword but parts were also spread by peaceful propagation. During much of the history of mankind some nation has always been engaged in some form of imperialism. Muslims by no means have a monopoly on that.

You ask me where in the Qur'an is waging war against infidels inconsistent. You need to understand that a kafir (infidel) is a person who seeks to prevent one from practicing Islam. Islam has a long history of protecting freedom of religious practice (although it was mainly for Christians and Jews but there were other religions also.)

Now, I skip down to this quote of yours,

Honestly, you expect me to believe the attacks on the West are unjustified according to Islam, while the religious leaders and the vast of majority of it’s followers fail to even vocally condemn, time and time again, the terrorist attacks conducted in their name.

You have to be completely irrational if you think that a religion practiced by a billion people is so evil yet it has survived and flourished for over 1400 years! And if you read the Qur'an without the blinders of hatred you have of Islam you cannot fail to see that it repeated calls believers to conduct themselves righteously. It clearly injoins believers to live a god-fearing life. The basic nature of people would not sustain a system of immoral beliefs for that long. If this religion Islam requires Muslims to commit these acts then why isn't the whole Muslim world at war with the West? The truth is that most of the Muslim who hate the West live in Arab countries and hate the West because of the support for Israel. They hate ALL Americans (non-Muslim and Muslim). They would've flown planes into the World Trade Center even if they weren't Muslims. I totally agree with you that Muslims are pathetically silent about these crimes being committed in the name of religion. But that in no way means Muslims condone what the terrorists are doing or that the Qur'an advocates it.

"And when you justify the basis of your religion from the perspective of a Westerner raised under a secular liberal society, you would do well to pay attention to the vast majority of Islam as it exists today, and then reconsider how much Western culture has distinguished your point of view from this core ideology."

The vast majority of Muslims are NOT Arabs. The perspective I have is the perspective many Muslims have in Nigeria, India, Britain, Kenya, Liberia, Indonesia - I could go on and on. Most Muslim countries are not inflamed by the Arab - Israeli conflict.

."..and the numbers say Muslims are by and large the one religion which has failed to curtail their murderous and oppressive tendencies. And fail time and again to establish secular liberalism as a force for peaceful co-existence among themselves."

There are no murderous and oppressive tendencies among Muslims - just a fringe element of fanatics. The majority of the world is still not as materially and technologically advanced as the West. There are other factors that drive zealots into the ranks of al-Qaida, not the least of which is poverty, and generations belief that the U.S. and West are to blame for all their problems.

Originally posted by khayri11

New Guy, you have written quite a bit and I doubt that I will be able to answer it all - it's too much. First, let us keep the debate civil. I am not comparing you a terrorist but I am comparing you're method of quoting verses out of context. (Wahabis do this extensively but, of course, they also do atrocious things. You do not.)

Allahu Akbar. Islam is truly a peaceful religion but only after the world is converted by jihad to the belief in the great prophet Muhammad.

The time to slay infidels is during a war against them. Islam does not endorse marauding and piracy. Taking life is not subject to hatred and fiat. "...Take not LIFE, which Allah has made sacred, except by way of justice and law... (Qur'an 6:151)

It appears khayril11 that you like the Wahabis take the holy Qur'an out of context. That 'justice and law 6:15 you speak about is that which is defined as when 14th century Islam continues to be in the 14th century to this very day. With the black gold under the sand of the believers, this justice and law can be brought to 21 century civilization and those who have left Islam in the dust of history.

Since you alluded to correcting translations, I will do just that in the case of Sura 9:39. It does not say Allah will kill him (although He might). It means punish. Jihad is required of a Muslim if he is under attack from oppressors. I consider it sensible to defend yourself and family from those who would destroy you.

How do you define 'punish' with jihad those who refuse to accept the prophet Muhammad and his six year old wife? Would that include putting dynamite around your babies while your older soldiers hide not wanting to become Shahadads. Islam is the last religion in the world to enslave people or make them servants of the believers of Muhammad.

Sura 4:90 tells Muslims to kill their enemies wherever you find them. Why do you describe the violence of war as mass murder? What are you supposed to do to your enemies? Shake their hand? Islam doesn't allow Muslims to kill non-combatants.

Sura 9:5

Shakir: - So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving,
Merciful.

http://quranbrowser.com/

This Qur'an verse is not taken out of context but is the basis of Muhammad's people against the earth.

The Muslims divide the world into Darul-Islam (the area where Islam governs), the Darul-Ahda (the World where Islam is allowed to be practiced and propagated) and Darul-harb (the world where Islam is not allowed to be practiced or propagated, such as Afghanistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan under the Soviet Union. If Muslims are not allowed to practice their faith the Qur'an commands Muslims to fight. The fact is that parts of the Islamic world was spread by the sword but parts were also spread by peaceful propagation. During much of the history of mankind some nation has always been engaged in some form of imperialism. Muslims by no means have a monopoly on that.

The Muslims do not have a monopoly on enslaving the world but Islam is the only one in this century that continues to spread the faith of Islam by bombing World Trade Centers with thousand of innocents in them and sending their children to blow up and kill innocent men, women and children who live peacefully in their 3,316 year old country.

You ask me where in the Qur'an is waging war against infidels inconsistent. You need to understand that a kafir (infidel) is a person who seeks to prevent one from practicing Islam. Islam has a long history of protecting freedom of religious practice (although it was mainly for Christians and Jews but there were other religions also.)

The kafir is a deragotory statement for unbelievers who do not seek to prevent Islam from practicing the religion of Mohammad. You are using the Islamic and Qur'an practice of Al-Taqiyya. Lying to protect Islam so that they may continue to destroy the earth. Islam is equated with cancer tumor on the body of this planet.

Now, I skip down to this quote of yours,

[You have to be completely irrational if you think that a religion practiced by a billion people is so evil yet it has survived and flourished for over 1400 years!

Unfortunately your relatively new religion of only 1400 years has not flourished but live in the same time of Muhammad where women are possessions to be killed, where it is noble to kill innocents (infidels) from ambush unless they believe in Muhammad's moon-idol seen below.

The Roman Empire and many others existed for many more centuries than Islam but have now become extinct in the sands of time. The world of people will not suffer death forever from this very evil religion. Like all others that wished to take over the world in the history of mankind, Islam will ultimately fail and become extinct. The destruction of Mecca, Kabah and the Black Stone (right hand of Allah) is a very good first step.

And if you read the Qur'an without the blinders of hatred you have of Islam you cannot fail to see that it repeated calls believers to conduct themselves righteously.

Reality of Islam proves you to be a simple liar (Al-Taqiyya) for your moon-god.

It clearly injoins believers to live a god-fearing life. The basic nature of people would not sustain a system of immoral beliefs for that long. If this religion Islam requires Muslims to commit these acts then why isn't the whole Muslim world at war with the West? The truth is that most of the Muslim who hate the West live in Arab countries and hate the West because of the support for Israel. They hate ALL Americans (non-Muslim and Muslim). They would've flown planes into the World Trade Center even if they weren't Muslims. I totally agree with you that Muslims are pathetically silent about these crimes being committed in the name of religion. But that in no way means Muslims condone what the terrorists are doing or that the Qur'an advocates it.

"And when you justify the basis of your religion from the perspective of a Westerner raised under a secular liberal society, you would do well to pay attention to the vast majority of Islam as it exists today, and then reconsider how much Western culture has distinguished your point of view from this core ideology."

The vast majority of Muslims are NOT Arabs. The perspective I have is the perspective many Muslims have in Nigeria, India, Britain, Kenya, Liberia, Indonesia - I could go on and on. Most Muslim countries are not inflamed by the Arab - Israeli conflict.

."..and the numbers say Muslims are by and large the one religion which has failed to curtail their murderous and oppressive tendencies. And fail time and again to establish secular liberalism as a force for peaceful co-existence among themselves."

There are no murderous and oppressive tendencies among Muslims - just a fringe element of fanatics. The majority of the world is still not as materially and technologically advanced as the West. There are other factors that drive zealots into the ranks of al-Qaida, not the least of which is poverty, and generations belief that the U.S. and West are to blame for all their problems.

Unfortuately every word in your long Al-Taqiyya post are simply and purely lies to protect your unholy religion.

From what I can tell from your post, you are just as hateful and full of vinegar as any of the crusaders of the past. Your post are full of insults and do not belong in intellectual discourse. Take a pill or something and calm down! Islam did not bomb the World Trade Center, Al-Qaida did or don't you watch the news? If you can't have a intellectual debate go read a book.

From what I can tell from your post, you are just as hateful and full of vinegar as any of the crusaders of the past. Your post are full of insults and do not belong in intellectual discourse. Take a pill or something and calm down! Islam did not bomb the World Trade Center, Al-Qaida did or don't you watch the news? If you can't have a intellectual debate go read a book.

What religion did they claim?
Where were they from?
Their homeland is terrorism and islam central.

You lose again.

Allahu Akbar

Peace be upon you brother in Muhammad.

Al-Qaida is Islam
Al-Islam is Al-Qaida
Al-Qaida is Taliban
Taliban is the United Muslim Nations majority in New York

All Islam is Al-Taqiyya or the big lie....

Every Muslim who wants to live in peace with the remainder of the people of the earth are murdered by the true beleivers of Muhammad.

Al-Islam seeks to convert the world and like all the other dreamers of conquest will be a small footnote in the history of the world.

I have seen the same statement splattered across tons of the messages with very little explaination. "kill disbelievers". Yes, it is okay to kill disbelievers if they are preventing you from practicing Islam, but otherwise read the verse below...this sums it up and I hope we don't have anymore problems with this in the future.

"Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice."
Surah 60 Verse 08

the koran has a UNIVERSAL message-----it is clear that since Bahais, Zoroastrians, Christians and Jews are prevented from FULLY fully engaging in their religions in Iran -----and since CONVERTS to any of those religions are oppressed in Iran----that there are hundreds of millions of people who would be FULLY JUSTIFIED in dropping a nuclear bomb on Iran based on KORANIC PRINCIPLES of ethics and morality -------thanks for sharing

Forum List

Back