Islam Dispelled: Muhammad’s illiteracy and the “miraculous” Koran

JoelT1

Sep 30, 2017
Much if not most of Islamic ‘history’, especially surrounding Muhammad, was fabricated or embellished, according to scholars

Among the fabrications about Muhammad was that he was illiterate, thus, making the Koran a true “miracle” that had to have been authored by “Allah” Muhammad’s illiteracy was invented also as a defense against claims that he plagiarized the Bible in his Koran verses, which he did indeed do.

Turns out, Muhammad was literate according to authenticated Islamic sources, below. Additionally, it’s presumed that Muhammad conducting trading business for his wife Khadija would have necessitated at least a basic level of literacy,

Islamic myths dispelled: Muhammad could indeed read and write, and the Koran is not miraculous.

“And those who disbelieve say, "This [Qur'an] is not except a falsehood he invented, and another people assisted him in it." But they have committed an injustice and a lie.

And they say, "Legends of the former peoples which he has written down, and they are dictated to him morning and afternoon."
Link Surat Al-Furqan [25:4-5] - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

‘Once the Prophet (ﷺ) wrote a letter or had an idea of writing a letter. The Prophet (ﷺ) was told that they (rulers) would not read letters unless they were sealed. So the Prophet (ﷺ) got a silver ring made with "Muhammad Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)" engraved on it. As if I were just observing its white glitter in the hand of the Prophet.”
Link Hadith - Book of Knowledge - Sahih al-Bukhari - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

“The Prophet (ﷺ) wrote the (marriage contract) with `Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).”
Link Hadith - Book of Wedlock, Marriage (Nikaah) - Sahih al-Bukhari - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

“When Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was on his death-bed and in the house there were some people among whom was `Umar bin Al-Khattab, the Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray." `Umar said, "The Prophet (ﷺ) is seriously ill and you have the Qur'an; so the Book of Allah is enough for us." The people present in the house differed and quarrelled. Some said "Go near so that the Prophet (ﷺ) may write for you a statement after which you will not go astray," while the others said as `Umar said. When they caused a hue and cry before the Prophet, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Go away!" Narrated 'Ubaidullah: Ibn `Abbas used to say, "It was very unfortunate that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was prevented from writing that statement for them because of their disagreement and noise."
Link Hadith - Book of Patients - Sahih al-Bukhari - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

By the time I reached 30---I DID NOT BELIEVE IT. I first read the Koran at about age 20----Way back then I believed it because I was naïve. As time
went on---I came into contact with LOTS OF PEOPLE and
came to understand a bit of how the brain works.
Muhummad lived with literate people----he DID BUSINESS
at a complex level. His childhood was not utterly DEPRIVED------in order for him to be as densely illiterate as the dogma claims-----he would have to harbor a defect of
the brain----some sort of that which is commonly called "mental retardation" -------or really serious acquired brain damage. I agree that the story was engineered in order
to DAZZLE people

By the time I reached 30---I DID NOT BELIEVE IT. I first read the Koran at about age 20----Way back then I believed it because I was naïve. As time
at a complex level. His childhood was not utterly DEPRIVED------in order for him to be as densely illiterate as the dogma claims-----he would have to harbor a defect of
the brain----some sort of that which is commonly called "mental retardation" -------or really serious acquired brain damage. I agree that the story was engineered in order
to DAZZLE people

The people knew Muhammad was a crazy man
to DAZZLE people

Scholars believe that much if not most of Muhammad’s life was embellished or even fabricated, Earliest Arab bio of the alleged last Arab prophet was written 200 years later

Forum List

Back