Islam at it finest politically.

Iran restricts social sciences seen as 'Western' - Yahoo! News

Where is Sky Dancer to explain to us how this is benign and unimportant? How about you Kalam or you Sunni man? Pe4rhaps you can explain how preventing students from studying these subjects is important to a peaceful and benign religion?

That has nothing to do with Islam you dumbass, thats Iran restricting social sciences seen as European, how many Middle Eastern or Iranian social sciences do you see being taught in the Western world? What a boneheaded assed post you made.

Where is Sky Dancer to explain to us how this is benign and unimportant? How about you Kalam or you Sunni man? Pe4rhaps you can explain how preventing students from studying these subjects is important to a peaceful and benign religion?

That has nothing to do with Islam you dumbass, thats Iran restricting social sciences seen as European, how many Middle Eastern or Iranian social sciences do you see being taught in the Western world? What a boneheaded assed post you made.

You did not even read the story, obviously, since the ENTIRE claim as to why the subjects must be suppressed is that they conflict with ISLAM. And it is political because the concern is that if these subjects are not suppressed the hand picked leaders of the Ayatollah will again be challenged by the learned students.

Opening paragraph.

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran has imposed new restrictions on 12 university social sciences deemed to be based on Western schools of thought and therefore incompatible with Islamic teachings, state radio reported Sunday.

Reason for the concern politically...

University students have played a key role in opposition protests in Iran, especially after the country's disputed presidential election last year, which opposition activists say hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad won through massive fraud.

Last edited:

You did not even read the story, obviously, since the ENTIRE claim as to why the subjects must be suppressed is that they conflict with ISLAM. And it is political because the concern is that if these subjects are not suppressed the hand picked leaders of the Ayatollah will again be challenged by the learned students.

It was Iran that made the decision not all Muslims so why the fuck did you "Islam" at its best based on the actions of one Islamic country? Since when does Iran represent all Muslims?

It was Iran that made the decision not all Muslims so why the fuck did you "Islam" at its best based on the actions of one Islamic country? Since when does Iran represent all Muslims?

Read the story dumb ass. or read the quotes I provided from the story.

I re the fucking link, what does this have to do with Islam? It has everything to do with Ahmadinejad's rants against Western countries and nothing to do with Islam, which means your fucking title in the OP is baloney, the subjects in colege are only anti-Islamic according to a fucking fundamentalist university professor, not all Muslims and Islam, if you read your fucking history you would see that these subjects were taught in Islamic civilizations with the exception of human rights and women's studies, and were suppressed by fundamentalists Christian fanatical monks in Europe during Dark Ages.

I re the fucking link, what does this have to do with Islam? It has everything to do with Ahmadinejad's rants against Western countries and nothing to do with Islam, which means your fucking title in the OP is baloney, the subjects in colege are only anti-Islamic according to a fucking fundamentalist university professor, not all Muslims and Islam, if you read your fucking history you would see that these subjects were taught in Islamic civilizations with the exception of human rights and women's studies, and were suppressed by fundamentalists Christian fanatical monks in Europe during Dark Ages.

IGNORE what as said all you want. The ruling was made by the HEAD Ayatollah of the Islamic Faith in Iran and it was STATED the reason for the ruling was incompatibility with ISLAM. Shall I quote it for you again?

IGNORE what as said all you want. The ruling was made by the HEAD Ayatollah of the Islamic Faith in Iran and it was STATED the reason for the ruling was incompatibility with ISLAM. Shall I quote it for you again?

It was made by and Iranian you dickhead about universities in Iran, not by all fucking Muslims so how is the action of one Islamic country indicative of all of Islam as you imply in your OP title? By your reasoning all Christians are fucked up because Catholics preach that jerking off is sinful.

So, unless all Muslims support something it has nothing to do with Islam. I will remember that the next time the Catholic church, or any other Christian group, does something you do not like. I cannot speak for Gunny, but if I had written the same thing it would be to illustrate that the problem we have is not with Muslims, it is with Islam.

It is the fallacy of ANY theocracy. It is more a matter of this type of government rather than Islam itself. Of course, there is always the argument that Islam tends toward a theocracy and that is its natural form. That is for another thread though.

RetiredGySgt why do you find this such a big deal?

It's their country and their school system.

What is it to you or me or anyone else what they teach or don't teach?

I could really care less. :doubt:

Last edited:
Pe4rhaps you can explain how preventing students from studying these subjects is important to a peaceful and benign religion?

I personally do not see why it is of concern. American universities will not accept their credentials, and they will have to take the classes or grab a shovel.

RetiredGySgt why do you find this such a big deal?

It's their country and their school system.

What is it to you or me or anyone else what they teach or don't teach?

I could really care less. :doubt:

It is simply more evidence or a repressive form of Islamic Law that is being practiced in almost half the Majority Muslim nations on earth.

Flaylo Wants to say that has nothing to do with Islam and slam RetiredGySgt for failing to qualify that only about half of Muslims live under this kind of Islamic law in his OP. Makes me wonder if flaylo works for the View :)

RetiredGySgt is simply pointing out the lie that the left, and Islam sell about Islam being all about peace. The fact is Most Muslims practice Islam and are peaceful, But a Good sized minority of them Practice a Much more intolerant and Violent Form. So basically we have 2 Islams. While we are clearly not at war with the Moderate Muslims we are at war with a religion called Radical Islam.

This is also another example of the evils of Sharia, which almost half the Majority Muslim nations live under in one form or another. Which when you talk about it always seems to get a lot of Lefties to leave their love for peoples human rights at the door. All of the sudden they say stuff like who cares what they do over there. So they can try and make you look like a Islamaphobe instead :)

No, I am NOT a lefty.

I am a conservative Republican and hate RINO's

Again, why should we care what Iran allows their schools to teach?

btw this has ZERO to do with Sharia Law. :cool:

Forum List

Back