ISIS rises, the economy falters, and Obama's legacy falls apart

Obama knows that the media can always make up a pretty good legacy for him. His rule is for himself. He laughs to the bank at his Islamic people making their advances as he pretends to be on our team.

No, Obama's legacy is in tact. The President who got and killed Bin Laden; avoided a depression; passed the first meaningful healthcare reforms in over 40 years; cut yearly deficits by 75%; slowed the growth of federal spending to its lowest level since Eisenhower; and who actually transformed America into the leading exporter of oil around the world instead of its leading consumer.

He'll always be remembered as a janitor President who came into office under the worst set of circumstances and with one hand tied behind his back for the last 6 years of his presidency, but who still somehow managed to turn America's fortunes around.

ISIS can't keep anything it wins because they have no governing strategy. We've seen this play out for almost a year now. They don't have a winning strategy. And it's clear the people of Iraq and Syria just don't have the strongest of wills to fight ISIS alone. Obama's doing them a favor by helping them with an air game, but in the end it is not Obama's responsibility to take out that region's bad guys. That responsibility is on Muslim nations in the region. History will remember well that Republicans decided to do exactly nothing to defeat ISIS.

Two years from now Obama and Bill Clinton are going to be America's too coolest former Presidents, no matter what a few jealous internet trolls or Republicans say.

So the two biggest liars in presidential history are cool, you've been drinking way too much liberal koolaid.

No, Obama's legacy is in tact. The President who got and killed Bin Laden; avoided a depression; passed the first meaningful healthcare reforms in over 40 years; cut yearly deficits by 75%; slowed the growth of federal spending to its lowest level since Eisenhower; and who actually transformed America into the leading exporter of oil around the world instead of its leading consumer.

He'll always be remembered as a janitor President who came into office under the worst set of circumstances and with one hand tied behind his back for the last 6 years of his presidency, but who still somehow managed to turn America's fortunes around.

ISIS can't keep anything it wins because they have no governing strategy. We've seen this play out for almost a year now. They don't have a winning strategy. And it's clear the people of Iraq and Syria just don't have the strongest of wills to fight ISIS alone. Obama's doing them a favor by helping them with an air game, but in the end it is not Obama's responsibility to take out that region's bad guys. That responsibility is on Muslim nations in the region. History will remember well that Republicans decided to do exactly nothing to defeat ISIS.

Two years from now Obama and Bill Clinton are going to be America's too coolest former Presidents, no matter what a few jealous internet trolls or Republicans say.
Yep.

We were losing jobs at almost a mil a month and he turned it around.

Auto industry dying, he turned it around.

Economic recovery.

Saved the world financial systems.

Killed more terrorists than any other prez.

Killed Bush family friend, bin Laden.

Health care reform.

Tax cuts for middle class.

Saved housing industry.

Made it possible for Americans to keep their homes.

Strongest economy on the planet.

The list goes on and on.

Thank you, Mr President.

It amazes me that you think that a guy that would struggle with seventh grade math can do all that. Obama is a puppet.

ObamaCare remains unpopular; far more Americans oppose than favor it.

Which unfortunately means nothing. The death warrant has been signed. That's what's dangerous about the liberal agenda. They only have to get their stuff into the system and their failures can perpetuate...social security, medicare, welfare, the department of education, the federal reserve, lifetime appointments for SC judges, homeland security, the Patriot Act, etc. Constitutionalists are too few to reverse the damage once these things go into effect.
Can you make specific predictions about what you think will happen due to this "death warrant"?

I can tell you that my rates on my plan more than tripled. It's about money for nothing. If you understand that reality for starters, then you can work towards change. If you defend the reality, then you're gone, anyhow (just another useful idiot).....

Which unfortunately means nothing. The death warrant has been signed. That's what's dangerous about the liberal agenda. They only have to get their stuff into the system and their failures can perpetuate...social security, medicare, welfare, the department of education, the federal reserve, lifetime appointments for SC judges, homeland security, the Patriot Act, etc. Constitutionalists are too few to reverse the damage once these things go into effect.

Can you make specific predictions about what you think will happen due to this "death warrant"?

I can tell you that my rates on my plan more than tripled. It's about money for nothing. If you understand that reality for starters, then you can work towards change. If you defend the reality, then you're gone.....

That's not useful. I'm not asking for a retrodiction. I'm asking for predictions. It is not useful testing hypotheses with retroactive evidence. Make specific, testable, falsifiable claims about the future, if you can. Otherwise you are just engaging in general griping.

I can tell you that my rates on my plan more than tripled. It's about money for nothing. If you understand that reality for starters, then you can work towards change. If you defend the reality, then you're gone.....
That's not useful. I'm not asking for a retrodiction. I'm asking for predictions. It is not useful testing hypotheses with retroactive evidence. Make specific, testable, falsifiable claims about the future, if you can. Otherwise you are just engaging in general griping.

I spot your game a mile away, dude. You want to ignore that the scam has already taken place and then try and nitpick at predictions. I'm not worried about your cheap come-ons. though.

But since you're so fond of predictions, how about you post yours'.

I spot your game a mile away, dude. You want to ignore that the scam has already taken place and then try and nitpick at predictions. I'm not worried about your cheap come-ons. though.

There's no game here. You made a claim about the future. That needs predictions. But if you prefer I'll be happy to post a few: I don't things will change that much in the next 5 years. The Dow won't go below 12,500 and won't go above 29,000 (Confidence: 62%). For both the 2016 and 2018 elections neither party will have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate (confidence 75%). Unemployment will stay for the next 5 years between 3% and 7.5% (confidence 80%). See easy to come up with predictions that directly go towards the issues you want. But if you prefer even more I regularly make and post predictions on Prediction Book here where you can look at my current and old predictions and see how accurate I've been. You can set up an account also if you want and do it. It is very eye-opening when one first starts seeing how many things one predicts don't end up happening!

Otherwise you are just engaging in general griping.general griping.

Typical liberal deuche baggery; I say that my rates tripled overnight, and I'm just engaging griping. Go fuck yourself, guy.

Rates personally tripling are bad. And it is a legitimate gripe. But it is personal, and not at all useful for claims about a general "death warrant" for the country as a whole. Can you make the death warrant claim precise?

There's no game here. You made a claim about the future. That needs predictions. But if you prefer I'll be happy to post a few: I don't things will change that much in the next 5 years. The Dow won't go below 12,500 and won't go above 29,000 (Confidence: 62%). For both the 2016 and 2018 elections neither party will have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate (confidence 75%). Unemployment will stay for the next 5 years between 3% and 7.5% (confidence 80%). See easy to come up with predictions that directly go towards the issues you want. But if you prefer even more I regularly make and post predictions on Prediction Book here where you can look at my current and old predictions and see how accurate I've been. You can set up an account also if you want and do it. It is very eye-opening when one first starts seeing how many things one predicts don't end up happening!

The Dow could go to 30,000. It won't mean that people aren't getting scammed out of their money. And only fools believe in the government stated unemployment rate. And if I tell you that my rates have tripled overnight, then proof is in the pudding. Yes, I can indulge you and make further predictions. But don't give me this nonsense that I somehow have to predict macro economic stats to prove that a scam has already occurred. That is the epitome of pseudo-intellectualism.

Otherwise you are just engaging in general griping.general griping.

Typical liberal deuche baggery; I say that my rates tripled overnight, and I'm just engaging griping. Go fuck yourself, guy.

Rates personally tripling are bad. And it is a legitimate gripe. But it is personal, and not at all useful for claims about a general "death warrant" for the country as a whole. Can you make the death warrant claim precise?

The death warrant was a metaphor for being permanently screwed. The government has further entrenched their greedy mitts (as well as their corporate benefactors) into our pockets. Money for nothing. I couldn't have been more clear. Do you think it makes sense for a healthy person in his 20's to pay huge premiums that don't have any long term financial liquidity? Do you think it makes sense to pay medicare for forty years and then have to go on a high priced plan? Individual annuities would be damn near infinitely more effective. You know why we don't do them? It's not cos it's not in our interest. You can either admit the glaring reality or be a cog in a broken system. It's clear to me that you've chosen the latter.

The Dow could go to 30,000. It won't mean that people aren't getting scammed out of their money. And only fools believe in the government stated unemployment rate. And if I tell you that my rates have tripled overnight, then proof is in the pudding. Yes, I can indulge you and make further predictions. But don't give me this nonsense that I somehow have to predict macro economic stats to prove that a scam has already occurred. That is the epitome of pseudo-intellectualism.

You asked me to give specific predictions, I did. And no, the tripling of rates is not very useful by itself. You are a single person. And it is especially not useful when you are claiming to make predictions but they are in practice so vague as to be useful.

The death warrant was a metaphor for being permanently screwed. The government has further entrenched their greedy mitts (as well as their corporate benefactors) into our pockets. Money for nothing. I couldn't have been more clear. Do you think it makes sense for a healthy person in his 20's to pay huge premiums that don't have any long term financial liquidity? Do you think it makes sense to pay medicare for forty years and then have to go on a high priced plan? Individual annuities would be damn near infinitely more effective. You know why we don't do them? It's not cos it's not in our interest. You can either admit the glaring reality or be a cog in a broken system. It's clear to me that you've chosen the latter.

Most of your logic here involves highly questionable premises (e.g. that healthy people are being forced to pay "huge premiums" (what for example is a huge premium?).

If your sole prediction claim is that the ACA or something very close to it will stay around, that's probably true. But calling that a "death warrant" is at best unhelpful hyperbole.

Forum List

Back