Is Your Money Where Your Mouth Is?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
If your not a lefty, then you really don't know. Libs aren't lemmings like the right. That's why it's so damn hard to get a consensus.

Sounds like more of the messiah shit that they made up.

That's rich.... It's hard to get a consensus because conservatives are too busy working to pay for your welfare check so that you can waste your time on those phony polls.

Is anyone on this board on welfare? Conservative or liberal? Are all the republicans out there still working or are you bitching about tax problems you wish you had?

So how about it boys and girls? Are you a conservative who is dumping stock quicker than an Enron executive who woke up smelling the coffee, or are you impressed enough with our new President to be buying?

Are you going to be holding a bag of wallet-sized photos of famous Americans as the next economy starts or are you putting your money where your mouth is by taking stock in an American company or two?

Me? I'm picking up what I can after taxes and groceries. I like Costco and A T & T among others for my 10 year plan.

-Joe

Once the Democrats took control of Congress, I moved my money out of the stock market. My money is safe for now. On the way to and from work, I pass several Obama supporters sitting on their front porch who obviously don't work. And taxes? I'm already taxed to death supporting the welfare State. I have moved some of my money out of the country. More and more people will do this as long as the Leftists have a stranglehold on the US.

Is anyone on this board on welfare? Conservative or liberal? Are all the republicans out there still working or are you bitching about tax problems you wish you had?

So how about it boys and girls? Are you a conservative who is dumping stock quicker than an Enron executive who woke up smelling the coffee, or are you impressed enough with our new President to be buying?

Are you going to be holding a bag of wallet-sized photos of famous Americans as the next economy starts or are you putting your money where your mouth is by taking stock in an American company or two?

Me? I'm picking up what I can after taxes and groceries. I like Costco and A T & T among others for my 10 year plan.

-Joe
I like FDO: Summary for FAMILY DOLLAR STORES - Yahoo! Finance
they sell to poor people.

Last edited:

-Joe

At least you have an honest reason...

-Joe

-Joe

At least you have an honest reason...

-Joe

You call it honest, I call it realistic.
There's going to be a lot more poor people once this congress gets done screwing things up.

I'm somewhat conservative, but I also get tired of hearing conservatives talk about welfare all the time. Yes, there are many on the dole who don't deserve to be, but there are also many who collect benefits who I would not call welfare recipients, one of those being me.

My wife died nearly seven years ago. I was left to raise my two boys on my own. They were only 4 and 6 years old when she died. So, I collect Social Security benefits for them until they turn 18. I certainly don't feel bad about it, as she contributed to SS and never will collect retirement benefits. And I certainly don't consider myself some lazy person collecting welfare.

Some may disagree. I'm curious how all of you feel about these type of benefits. Are they welfare in your mind?

I'm somewhat conservative, but I also get tired of hearing conservatives talk about welfare all the time. Yes, there are many on the dole who don't deserve to be, but there are also many who collect benefits who I would not call welfare recipients, one of those being me.

My wife died nearly seven years ago. I was left to raise my two boys on my own. They were only 4 and 6 years old when she died. So, I collect Social Security benefits for them until they turn 18. I certainly don't feel bad about it, as she contributed to SS and never will collect retirement benefits. And I certainly don't consider myself some lazy person collecting welfare.

Some may disagree. I'm curious how all of you feel about these type of benefits. Are they welfare in your mind?

when my dad died his social security helped put me through university......until reagan canceled it......

when my dad died his social security helped put me through university......until reagan canceled it......

Meanwhile Reagan was collecting Social Security and a pension from his days as California governor. That guy was evil.

Meanwhile Reagan was collecting Social Security and a pension from his days as California governor. That guy was evil.

no more evil than politicians flying around in private jets....giving themselves salary increases and redecorating their offices all on the taxpayer nickle while they chastise others for doing the same and asking all of us to sacrifce......

no more evil than politicians flying around in private jets....giving themselves salary increases and redecorating their offices all on the taxpayer nickle while they chastise others for doing the same and asking all of us to sacrifce......

Did you see Marbury play tonight?

He looked really good.

-Joe

I just had a conversation about this today. Family Dollar, Dollar General and Freds are great buys. Obama's policies will continue to increase the divide between the haves and the have-nots. It's time we got ready.

Did you see Marbury play tonight?

He looked really good.

LOL.......hate pro basketball......

-Joe

I just had a conversation about this today. Family Dollar, Dollar General and Freds are great buys. Obama's policies will continue to increase the divide between the haves and the have-nots. It's time we got ready.

I've been shopping at the Dollar Store since GWB 1 was in office. Am I a have, or have not I wonder.....................

Should have bought stock in Dollar Store way back then too.

They are evil corporations though, so maybe we shouldn't tell anybody about this.

SS benefits, especially in your case, is not welfare. You've been dealt a tough hand. Taxpayers like me have no problem with situations like yours. It's good you're getting some of the Social Security money before the program goes bankrupt. This huge Ponzi Scheme wll eventually come crashing down and nobody will see another dime. Take care.

Forum List

Back