Is Your Mattress Good To You?

It's one of the last of its kind.

That they are. We though about it so we cold custom the length and width, but would have been stuck with custom bedding as well. So we passed.

We just bought the standard California King (which is almost as bad as a custom size due to less variety of linens for that size - but we cope. :) )

We have a cal king too :). We played with the idea of an extra 10 inches to the bottom of the bed.

That they are. We though about it so we cold custom the length and width, but would have been stuck with custom bedding as well. So we passed.

We just bought the standard California King (which is almost as bad as a custom size due to less variety of linens for that size - but we cope. :) )

We have a cal king too :). We played with the idea of an extra 10 inches to the bottom of the bed.

Mmmmm...one can always use a good extra 10 inches.

We need a new one but I like pillowtops. Hate too firm a mattress. I want to try a temper pedic but I have a pillow made out of that material and it hurts my head to use it. Too firm.

I've never had back problems or any arthritic condition luckily.

Just tossed the $1850.00 Simmons Beautyrest World Class Plush Super Pillow Top, rated a 10 for comfort level, purchased two years ago, and bought a Sealy Posturpedic in firm and without the pillowtop and voila`, no more lower back or hip soreness.

Bottom line, when shopping for a mattress, search with two things in mind-comfort and quality- as only the quality will be under warrantee. Internet research on mattresses is a great learning experience, and one can always make a firm mattress softer but not a soft, sweet and heavenly divine soft mattress more firm.

Do you like your mattress? :)

So what did you get instead?

LOL...i have the same mattress!

the mattress is insignificant beyond simple sppt. and size imho, its what you put on top of it that counts ( Nooo, not that:rolleyes:), we have a goose/duck down pad, thick, oh soooo soft and man, you lay back in that its like being swallowed up in a half cocoon...

Last edited:
Just tossed the $1850.00 Simmons Beautyrest World Class Plush Super Pillow Top, rated a 10 for comfort level, purchased two years ago, and bought a Sealy Posturpedic in firm and without the pillowtop and voila`, no more lower back or hip soreness.

Bottom line, when shopping for a mattress, search with two things in mind-comfort and quality- as only the quality will be under warrantee. Internet research on mattresses is a great learning experience, and one can always make a firm mattress softer but not a soft, sweet and heavenly divine soft mattress more firm.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

waterbed.
Friggin awesome in the winter..no cold bed to get into.
There is one drawback if your kids bedrooms are close...think about it.

I once had a waterbed.

And you are right that they are nice and warm.

But let me tell a story...

Once, while I was sleeping in my nice warm waterbed, a storm came though and the temperature dropped in the house AND the bed, as the elctricity went out.

When I finally woke up, hours after the electricity went off, that bed of mine was DEADLY cold.

And I mean deadly cold, too. No exaggeration... if I hadn't woken up I think I might have gotten hypothermia. In fact I did already have the early signs of hypothermia when I woke up

It sucked the heat right out of me for hours before I woke up.

waterbed.
Friggin awesome in the winter..no cold bed to get into.
There is one drawback if your kids bedrooms are close...think about it.

I once had a waterbed.

And you are right that they are nice and warm.

But let me tell a story...

Once, while I was sleeping in my nice warm waterbed, a storm came though and the temperature dropped in the house AND the bed, as the elctricity went out.

When I finally woke up, hours after the electricity went off, that bed of mine was DEADLY cold.

And I mean deadly cold, too. No exaggeration... if I hadn't woken up I think I might have gotten hypothermia. In fact I did already have the early signs of hypothermia when I woke up

It sucked the heat right out of me for hours before I woke up.

Well that explains a lot........ :eusa_whistle:
:razz:

We had the Westin type Sterns and Foster "heavenly bed" that after five years wasn't so heavenly and despite their warranties- somehow, ours wasn't hollowed out enough to qualify.

Tried one of the middle of the line Tempurpedic foams priced at about $2200 but traded up to the Rhapsody model with the gel top within their 30 day time limit. Pricy at about $4 grand- but wife and I no longer wake up with a sore back so it's worth it.

Forum List

Back