Is Your Mac Secure?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
j7yqzgqqfprdy1tpq9bs.png

I know almost nothing about Macs so I’m taking this article for granted as giving advice that will help you.

In a recent blog post titled “Hardening macOS,” Ricard Bejarano offers an extensive list of settings you can tweak to make macOS as secure as possible. It’s a comprehensive list of tasks—and we love it—but it’s important that you understand the “why” behind his recommendations, too. Here are a few of his top tips and explanations for why you’re adjusting, installing, or modifying your Mac that way:

System Preferences is your new best friend

Use two accounts instead of one

Let identified developers’ apps work, too

Protecting your privacy

Maybe don’t share your location with every app

Stop Your Mac’s suggestions

Surfing securely with a different DNS

Details @ https://lifehacker.com/how-to-make-your-mac-as-secure-as-possible-1829531978

Speaking of water complications, here is my recent adventures with my old iPhone 5 from 2012. The iPhone was off. I accidentally dropped it in water. I have the specialized mini screw driver things since I have changed the battery and the smart input section, very easy to do actually. Anyhoo the fatal mistake was that before I opened it, and there were drops of water in there and the little red indicators were showing water intrusion, I tried to turn it on to see if would turn on thinking that water could not have entered since it was only a second or two. That fried the CPU which renders the iPhone unfixable. In theory, if you open it up, hit the components with a hair dryer and then let it sit for a day, there is a slight chance it would survive. No big deal though, I popped out the SIM card, headed to the local Apple store and got an iPhone 7 which is significantly better than the iPhone 5.

Forum List

Back