Is your life a journey?

Smartt33

Apr 7, 2009
USA
My life is a journey, yes, many journeys all in one. Since the day of my birth I have walked in an earth suit who went by the name of "Buddy". Life is sweet, and I have been blessed to have stations in life where I met people who had awesome positive impact on me. There were friends who just by accepting me gave me a place in their lives. There was an Uncle whose stories moved drew me in, and at some point blew me away in a blast of fear, or laughter. Older folks in my life showed me the way by their actions, and their was were always good.

I have another journey that I travel from time to time, and it too is sweet. In that journey I walk back in time. I watch what these old hands did as they created an art project, or as they lifted me up in hand-stand push-ups. Somehow I focus on the fact that these 62 year old eyes are the same eyes that saw beauty in the snowy Winter scenes, Spring flowers, colors of Fall so bright and awesome, and the summer skies so deep at night as I peeked into the heavens filled with millions of stars. I pass by, in memory, the scars and bruises of my life, and see that the pain ended, and the healing always came. Christmas and Thanksgiving memories are very emotional ones to me now. I can visually see the love in the gifts that were so carefully chosen for me by my parents. I still have many of them. I can remember how hard it was for me to find the perfect gift for them, but my parents made me feel like they were all perfect.

A journey I travel daily, and one that I will gladly walk in from now on, is my journey with God. In that journey, there is a past. On those paths where I have walked with God, and sometimes without Him, the picture I always see is painted with His love and compassion.
Walking with God is never truly predictable, but it is always within His careful and patient design for me. What an awesome trip it is, holding tight to Him, and knowing that when I loosen my grip, He holds tighter. I notice the pain when I try to let go, and He squeezes tighter, but that pain is produced in His wonderful love. He really is a Father, my Father. His way with me clearly gives me security and hope. His plans for me are far more wonderful than I can imagine. I have seen some of those plans worked out and His promise that "all things work together for good..." is certainly true. On this awesome journey I see visions of great hope for the days ahead, and the eternity ahead. Having lived more days now than I have left, I look forward to what God has up ahead. I take that side path on a regular basis. It is a comfortable place to visit. It is peaceful, and full of hope.

There is a career journey, a family journey, a church journey, a health journey, and many more, but somehow it all connects. It is all one journey with many trails. For me it is a good trip, even with the bumps and potholes.

I don't know why I started this thread, but here it is. I could write all day on this idea, but you really would not be interested. What is your journey like?

Read "The Five People You Meet in Heaven", by Mitch Albom.

Excellent read....and probably just right for this part of your life journey!

God bless and good luck...

:)

Peace...

My life is a journey, yes, many journeys all in one. Since the day of my birth I have walked in an earth suit who went by the name of "Buddy". Life is sweet, and I have been blessed to have stations in life where I met people who had awesome positive impact on me. There were friends who just by accepting me gave me a place in their lives. There was an Uncle whose stories moved drew me in, and at some point blew me away in a blast of fear, or laughter. Older folks in my life showed me the way by their actions, and their was were always good.

I have another journey that I travel from time to time, and it too is sweet. In that journey I walk back in time. I watch what these old hands did as they created an art project, or as they lifted me up in hand-stand push-ups. Somehow I focus on the fact that these 62 year old eyes are the same eyes that saw beauty in the snowy Winter scenes, Spring flowers, colors of Fall so bright and awesome, and the summer skies so deep at night as I peeked into the heavens filled with millions of stars. I pass by, in memory, the scars and bruises of my life, and see that the pain ended, and the healing always came. Christmas and Thanksgiving memories are very emotional ones to me now. I can visually see the love in the gifts that were so carefully chosen for me by my parents. I still have many of them. I can remember how hard it was for me to find the perfect gift for them, but my parents made me feel like they were all perfect.

A journey I travel daily, and one that I will gladly walk in from now on, is my journey with God. In that journey, there is a past. On those paths where I have walked with God, and sometimes without Him, the picture I always see is painted with His love and compassion.
Walking with God is never truly predictable, but it is always within His careful and patient design for me. What an awesome trip it is, holding tight to Him, and knowing that when I loosen my grip, He holds tighter. I notice the pain when I try to let go, and He squeezes tighter, but that pain is produced in His wonderful love. He really is a Father, my Father. His way with me clearly gives me security and hope. His plans for me are far more wonderful than I can imagine. I have seen some of those plans worked out and His promise that "all things work together for good..." is certainly true. On this awesome journey I see visions of great hope for the days ahead, and the eternity ahead. Having lived more days now than I have left, I look forward to what God has up ahead. I take that side path on a regular basis. It is a comfortable place to visit. It is peaceful, and full of hope.

There is a career journey, a family journey, a church journey, a health journey, and many more, but somehow it all connects. It is all one journey with many trails. For me it is a good trip, even with the bumps and potholes.

I don't know why I started this thread, but here it is. I could write all day on this idea, but you really would not be interested. What is your journey like?

NO...ITS A TRIP a RIDE...and I am trippin the Trip and riding the ride

Nicely written. May you have many more.

My journey is summed up by this quote:

Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. - Matsuo Basho

There is a lot of peace in that statement. Thanks for reminding us that we do need to be at home on life's journey.

I came into existence and I shall cease to be.

I would like to make the short period in between as enjoyable as possible.

NO...ITS A TRIP a RIDE...and I am trippin the Trip and riding the ride

I would never have guessed.

so to sum it up for all. Life is a roller coaster, up's down's, but over all a great ride.

☭proletarian☭;1772195 said:
so to sum it up for all. Life is a roller coaster, up's down's, but over all a great ride.

Not for kids in Ethiopia

Kife is full of possibilities. Some people just never find peace. Some seem to be able to find peace in even the most terrible of situations. Some go through life pointing fingers and blaming, others allow life's negatives to roll off their backs without ever marking them.

I am one who is impacted by every single part of that "roller coaster" ride. Over the years I have learned, and am still learning to create something useful, educational, or otherwise strength building from every turn.

Until recently, I have been a destination oriented person. That means that if I have a goal, if I am going somewhere, no matter what I am doing, where I will eventually be is where my focus is. I have missed much of life because of that perspective. I have learned to enjoy the ride, or at least to take it a little at a time. It is much more fun, and I clearly see that I missed so much for not learning this sooner.

In any case. Many people, from my persoective just have nothing to live for. I have heard that many of the people in third world countries do have joy, and even happy times. I am beginning to see that too.

So, we all have our experiences, but none of us is truly unique, and we can learn and teach each other along the way.

☭proletarian☭;1772172 said:
I came into existence and I shall cease to be.

I would like to make the short period in between as enjoyable as possible.

Well you've come to the wrong place.

Are you referring to Earth? I was considering mars, but the air their is horrible, simply not fit for breathing.

Forum List

Back