Is your kid going to be a pimp or a hoe for Halloween?!

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
I was just watching a show on Fox-I think it's called Heartland and they were talking about some guy that's selling pimp and hoe Halloween costumes for kids!!!!! They showed pics and everything. I was cracking up(only because I would hope no parent would really let their child dress like this). What some people will do for a dollar. I am trying to find a link with some pics.

:eek:

Hm. And i was wasting my time looking for a Batman or Army Guy costume. Oh those were the days. Now I just leach off of the candy my parents buy, or buy a few bags myself and stash them in my locker at school. Keeps me going through the day, how I lvoe those fun sized Butterfingers.

Semper Fi said:
Hm. And i was wasting my time looking for a Batman or Army Guy costume. Oh those were the days. Now I just leach off of the candy my parents buy, or buy a few bags myself and stash them in my locker at school. Keeps me going through the day, how I lvoe those fun sized Butterfingers.

Yes,the joy of Halloween candy. I love to go through the kids candy at night and just take a piece or two. :mm:

krisy said:
Yes,the joy of Halloween candy. I love to go through the kids candy at night and just take a piece or two. :mm:

Yeah, sometimes I'd count the amount of fun sizes I had, and plan a ration accordingly. One or two a day, for one week. I'd come home to find a few missing. :confused:

I usually found the wrappers in the trash can in my parents' room. :huh:

Well, just another example of the influence of the rap culture! You can thank MTV as well for celebrating such stupidity. Personally, white guilt has gone too far when white parents allow their children to emulate this crap.

There are certainly enough parts of black culture to celebrate- the fact that someone, anyone, would choose this is just disgusting. Perhaps our children could learn about and celebrate Harriet Tubman, George Washington Carver or Lena Horne. Or maybe they could learn about the Apollo Theater or the Blue Man Group or Smokey Joe's.

But no, they celebrate ghetto life.

To me, that racism in the highest.

Moi said:
Well, just another example of the influence of the rap culture! You can thank MTV as well for celebrating such stupidity. Personally, white guilt has gone too far when white parents allow their children to emulate this crap.

There are certainly enough parts of black culture to celebrate- the fact that someone, anyone, would choose this is just disgusting. Perhaps our children could learn about and celebrate Harriet Tubman, George Washington Carver or Lena Horne. Or maybe they could learn about the Apollo Theater or the Blue Man Group or Smokey Joe's.

But no, they celebrate ghetto life.

To me, that racism in the highest.

The guy on Fox(forgot his name-John ?) agreed with you as do I. Apparently the maker of these costumes is getting a lot of heat. I say,any parent that would allow this has got to be ,well.... He was blaming MTV as well for their promoting of this kind of crap to be cool. I couldn't help but laugh though,I'm shocked that anyone would buy these.The maker says that kids don't really know what these terms mean. He says they just associate them with being rich or driving nice cars!!! I would beg to differ.

I usually eat most of it before halloween. Last year I stashed it at my neighbor's house, but I ate a bag before I thought to bring it over there. I'm a chocoholic, Halloween is the hardest time of year for us. :cry:

Said1 said:
I usually eat most of it before halloween. Last year I stashed it at my neighbor's house, but I ate a bag before I thought to bring it over there. I'm a chocoholic, Halloween is the hardest time of year for us. :cry:

It is. I have no reason to buy candy other than to feed myself. Do you know how self-consoius I feel walking out of the store with twenty bucks worth of candy under my arm? Now I know how the fat kids feel.... And it doesnt feel good.:cry:

Semper Fi said:
It is. I have no reason to buy candy other than to feed myself. Do you know how self-consoius I feel walking out of the store with twenty bucks worth of candy under my arm? Now I know how the fat kids feel.... And it doesnt feel good.:cry:

I've been off the sweets all summer, and managed to lose 10 pounds. I didn't cut anything else out, or add extra exercise. That might give you an idea as to how much I was actually eating! I still eat it here and there, but not a couple of times a day everyday, like I was all winter.....it's not that cold up here. Chocolate, it's dangerous stuff, now I know addicts feel. :D

Said1 said:
I've been off the sweets all summer, and managed to lose 10 pounds. I didn't cut anything else out, or add extra exercise. That might give you an idea as to how much I was actually eating! I still eat it here and there, but not a couple of times a day everyday, like I was all winter.....it's not that cold up here. Chocolate, it's dangerous stuff, now I know addicts feel. :D

Moving on to addictions, my dad likes those popcicles in the plastic wrapping thing, where you have to cut off the top and then squeeze it up into your mouth. We go through about 200 of those per week. One of my brothers friends was like "Man, you guys are like an old lady with cigarettes". If only I had a minifridge in my room, I'd be able to put so many of those away in one night...

Semper Fi said:
Moving on to addictions, my dad likes those popcicles in the plastic wrapping thing, where you have to cut off the top and then squeeze it up into your mouth. We go through about 200 of those per week. One of my brothers friends was like "Man, you guys are like an old lady with cigarettes". If only I had a minifridge in my room, I'd be able to put so many of those away in one night...
He must have the patience of a saint- all that work for such a small reward! A carton of heavenly hash ice cream is so much less work!

Moi said:
He must have the patience of a saint- all that work for such a small reward! A carton of heavenly hash ice cream is so much less work!

LOL, I agree. I'm into instant gratification also, although I prefer (and I'm sure you're no stranger to this) NYC strawberry cheese cake flavored ice cream, or just cheese cake if the pickings are slim. :D

Semper Fi said:

Are those the things that are narrow in the middle? My daughter loves those things too, she just makes the hole bigger.

Said1 said:
LOL, I agree. I'm into instant gratification also, although I prefer (and I'm sure you're no stranger to this) NYC strawberry cheese cake flavored ice cream, or just cheese cake if the pickings are slim. :D
Cheesecake w/strawberries in syrup is Jimnyc's favorite. I'm not a big fan of cheesecake but it'll do in a pinch!

Moi said:
Cheesecake w/strawberries in syrup is Jimnyc's favorite. I'm not a big fan of cheesecake but it'll do in a pinch!
the cheesecake factory in the hancock building in chicago! about a billion different types of cheese cake, anything you can imagine!

Johnney said:
the cheesecake factory in the hancock building in chicago! about a billion different types of cheese cake, anything you can imagine!
I think we have one here too. Never been. I do pass Junior's every single day in Grand Central though. That and Zaro's...cookies the size of your head!

Forum List

Back