is your area part of the drought?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
we are lucky...knock on wood......we are having rain daily nearly.....i feel for those in the drought areas

2012-07-17.png

Interactive: Mapping The U.S. Drought : NPR

so how are you faring...i have had to haul water before...i know how miserable water shortages are...

pics welcome if you have them

I'm glad to hear you are doing well Bones
We have had rain all month long and almost everyday too.
Dang! :( Gotta go and get new batteries for the camera.
Can't do it until tomorrow.

SW Illinois has been totally baked. We've had less than 2" of rain in the last 2 months. We're finally supposed to get storms today and tomorrow, but it's too late for the corn and beans. The crops have been destroyed, and some farmers have already started plowing them under.

I'm just across the mountain from you, bones. The first part of the summer was dry, but we've had quite a bit of rain lately.

A couple times a week, I see a big storm on the radar heading straight for us then... poof, it slides to the south. It's gettin' scary. The grass is long dormant (I hope not dead) but we keep the new plantings watered. Too much invested in the landscaping to let it go.

Western Virginia is doing fine. The corn is high, the ponds are full and the streams look good. I'm sorry about the "heartland" but this year Virginia farmers should make a killing.

now now hj......seems most of the country is living in a desert right now....

sad sight to see farmers turn crops under....and i wonder how many just want replant....

hay prices are stable here....i always hope that is a truth....when hay prices go up...people ditch horses etc

Hallelujah we finally got a decent soaking rain. :thup:
I ran outside and danced innit.
I danced in the garden in torn sheets in the rain...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KyhesAa-DA&playnext=1&list=PLDA0756534DCB55D0&feature=results_main]B52's - Deadbeat Club (Original Music Video) - YouTube[/ame]

B52's - Deadbeat Club (Original Music Video) - YouTube

So you're the one who stole the rain we were supposed to get yesterday and today? :mad:

LOL. There's something about the topography around here. A system will head straight for us then detour ever so slightly south. Happend last night too. But hell I'll settle for a few sprinkles at this point.

B52's - Deadbeat Club (Original Music Video) - YouTube

So you're the one who stole the rain we were supposed to get yesterday and today? :mad:

LOL. There's something about the topography around here. A system will head straight for us then detour ever so slightly south. Happend last night too. But hell I'll settle for a few sprinkles at this point.

I'm starting to believe the old conspiracy theory that the Gateway Arch was built as a weather deflector. Every storm that approaches St Louis either turns north or south.

now now hj......seems most of the country is living in a desert right now....

sad sight to see farmers turn crops under....and i wonder how many just want replant....

hay prices are stable here....i always hope that is a truth....when hay prices go up...people ditch horses etc

Most of the country is a "desert" right now? I hadn't noticed.

Amazing how the global warming/climate change propaganda machine has convinced so many lemmings that the entire USA is a desert.

Since U.S. history isn't taught in schools anymore, a lot of people have never heard about the 1930s "dust bowl" and the severe drought conditions that occurred then.

There are plenty of examples of CYCLICAL weather conditions that have caused severe droughts, higher numbers of tornadoes and hurricanes, and severe rainstorms and snowstorms.

The Weather Channel does a great job of promoting their global warming/climate change agenda.

Forum List

Back