Is whoever wins the election screwed?

You're a liar, but you are bi-polar like that wacko airline attendant screaming on the plane yesterday off her meds.:eusa_boohoo:

You claimed to be a preacher last month. You are bi-polar...and stupid.

Fake Preacher?

LMAO!

I am a self professed atheist.

there are however some fake Christians on here.

And you sir are a blatant liar!

I never made any such claim.

Correct your lie or go on ignore.

No one else on here saw your claimed post of me saying I was a preacher.

Some of you really scare me. Well, not scare so much as worry me. We are gutting the military, we are tripling the healthcare costs to the retirees, and you fools don't think our enemies are wringing their hands and laughing? You keep denutting our military and it won't be long before we are challenged and don't have the forces to combat it or the troops who want to join seeing the way their promised benefits can be stripped away.

Go ahead and laugh, you may not be able to later........

Nobody is talking (at least I'm not) about gutting the military. Funding it to the threat level from abroad is probably a better idea. We can't afford to keep spending as much as we are spending. I sponsor keeping the research into the new weapons going as much as we can but not development. We have fighter jets that are superior to anything any other airforce can field. Yet we have the F22 when the F15 will skunk most anything else in the air. Not to mention the F18's. We are developing the Virginia class sub when the LA class is able to attack anything that moves completely undetected. The Seawolf class not withstanding.

Repubs never had a super majority. You chumps had all 3 branches & total power. Dems failed to fix anything. EPIC FAIL!!!
Bush got anything he asked for after 9/11, ANYTHING, including Iraq. Bush II can no long do any damage. The question is: who can pull us OUT of the defense industry addiction & get back working on the US? Plus handle Syria, NK, Iran, all of whom have have REAL WMD's.

The real issue is not just WMD's. It's oil pipelines. Democrats burn just as much oil as republicans do.

Yeah.........and if that shale oil ever spills, the environment is screwed because shale oil has to have an additive in it to make it flow through the pipe, but if it hits air, the additive evaporates almost immediately and you're left with bitumin which SINKS in water.

The only way to get it out is to vibrate the floor of whatever water it spilled into and shake it to the surface and then get it.

Interestingly enough, the cleanup does almost as much damage to the environment as the spill.

I think its a goper, he might have to reenact the Reagan recession, or some such awful to straighten things out.

if it is obama and he has to deal with a gop house and senate, it will be fun to be here and watch all of the heavy breathing lunatics who spent years telling us bush was the reason why everything went south, in his last few years especially...the flip flops will be fantastic to behold.
Democrats kissed Bush's pinkie after 9/11; then Bush kissed the Saudi crown prince! Which still leaves the US stuck in many, many countries, pouring dollars into holes.

Dumbfuck, explain this passage from the Constitution.

Section 2. The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States.

The militia (National Guard) is not the same as the Army.

There is nothing in there about welfare programs, etc. Social Security didn't come about until the last century, do some math.

Dumbfuck, the Army and Navy are supported by the US Constitution, there is nothing in there about welfare programs, green energy scams, etc.

You are so fucking stupid, it is amazing you are not dead.

FYI....our DoD budget is around 6% of GDP compared to 34% under JFK. I'd say the DoD has taken enough cuts compared to the bloated Social Security scam that has no basis in the US Constitution and is the reason for our national debt out of control.

The military in it's current configuration is an abomination..and that's according to the US constitution.

Nothing in the constitution mandates an offensive military capable of knocking over other countries based on lies and greed.

We don't need a professional standing army.

What we need is a defensive force. We could get away with spending 100 billion on defense, easily. Our nuclear arsenal, natural barriers and navy assure no country..or coalition of countries would ever imagine invading this one.

The Constitution provides for a permanent navy..and an army made up of militia. The funding for the army is "as needed" to be voted on every two years.

General Welfare, Taxation, and Commerce also fall under the scope of congressional powers.

Do even bother to read the thing you purport to love so much?

In the long run? Serious question.

-No matter who wins the debt will continue to spin out of control and likely be approaching $20trillion by the end of the next presidential term.

-And the economy, in no small part due to the governments lack of fiscal control, will likely not improve much.

These are just a couple of things, feel free to add more. But the major issues facing this country aren't going to be resolved by the next president. And the propensity of politicians these days to be more loyal to party than country will prevent any real action being done to attempt to solve them. Frankly I think whichever party wins this election will most certainly lose the one four years later.

I am a Republican, but I think the Republicans are kidding themselves if they think they can come in and turn this ship around, IMO there is no turning it around.

It would be more accurate to say that no matter who wins the election, we the people are screwed.

But, I wonder, are you setting this up so that should Romney (or any Republican actually win) you can say that the $20 trillion is the fault of those who came before him? I mean that is what we have been hearing for three years now. Are we going to hear it from Republicans next time around?

Immie

moron...

1) The US reports its unclassified and classified budget to the public, the Chinese openly lie about their military spending.

Really? How much do they spend then? You said my stats were wrong....tell me the proper percentage.

2) The US after WWII became the world leader to keep the peace because Europe and Asia couldn't behave themselves, so it is common sense that the US will lead the world in military spending.
Yeah, and we're 15 trillion in debt or have you not noticed?

So I don't give a shit if the US spends more on the military
Obviously. You also don't give a shit about economics.

compared to most countries because we are the one that can maintain the peace and keep islamofascists in check as well as the left-wingers like you.

Islamofascists spend about what; maybe 20 million in military spending as a whole? The terrorists who do not publish what they are spending maybe add in a couple of million from their laundering and front agencies. We're spending 600 Billion or so. The ratio is way out of whack.

You simply are ignorant of the facts.

But please go on with the name calling and defunding SS and Medicare; that has worked out so well for the GOP in the past.

Your move again.

-No matter who wins the debt will continue to spin out of control and likely be approaching $20trillion by the end of the next presidential term.

-And the economy, in no small part due to the governments lack of fiscal control, will likely not improve much.

These are just a couple of things, feel free to add more. But the major issues facing this country aren't going to be resolved by the next president. And the propensity of politicians these days to be more loyal to party than country will prevent any real action being done to attempt to solve them. Frankly I think whichever party wins this election will most certainly lose the one four years later.

I am a Republican, but I think the Republicans are kidding themselves if they think they can come in and turn this ship around, IMO there is no turning it around.

Whoever wins the election, we are ALL SCREWED!

Repubs never had a super majority. You chumps had all 3 branches & total power. Dems failed to fix anything. EPIC FAIL!!!
Bush got anything he asked for after 9/11, ANYTHING, including Iraq. Bush II can no long do any damage. The question is: who can pull us OUT of the defense industry addiction & get back working on the US? Plus handle Syria, NK, Iran, all of whom have have REAL WMD's.

The real issue is not just WMD's. It's oil pipelines. Democrats burn just as much oil as republicans do.
Democrats burn just as much oil as republicans do.

Your military knowledge is pathetic.

The DoD isn't worried about an "invasion," it's worried about an attack like 9/11 but on a greater scale like with WMD or a cyber attack.

China can launch either kind of attack. North Korea can nuke us. Russia can nuke us and attack us via cyber. Iran is working on a nuke attack option, but you idiots don't care.

Iran is the one enemy that has a weird religious angle where chaos brings their religion to a wet dream climax, so giving them nukes is a bad thing in the minds of smart people. :eusa_whistle:

But an invasion could happen after they nuke or cyber attack us back to the stone ages, but I prefer not to find out....idiot.

In reality, China, Russia or Iran taking control of their part of the world with their military and the US not being able to stop it would damage our economy in the long run like say China takes over Asia, Russia parts of Europe and Iran over the middle east.....that is what the DoD worries about while you are picking up male dates in central park.

Some of you really scare me. Well, not scare so much as worry me. We are gutting the military, we are tripling the healthcare costs to the retirees, and you fools don't think our enemies are wringing their hands and laughing? You keep denutting our military and it won't be long before we are challenged and don't have the forces to combat it or the troops who want to join seeing the way their promised benefits can be stripped away.

Which "enemy" has the capability to invade the United States.

Go on.

Show us all.

Go on.

Show us all.

Depending upon your definition of invade.

Al Quaeda already did.

Iran is playing with nukes and has put a missle into space.

North Korea is laughing at us.

Do you really believe that Russia is our friend?

And Red China has an army about 10 times the size of ours, if they had a way to get them here we would all be speaking Cantonese.

And I haven't a clue who else would like a shot at us. But i certainly don't want to find out.........

A strong military is still our best defense.

Remember the leader of the progressive movement?
"Walk softly and carry a big stick."

IDIOT...you can cut the DoD budget to $0 next year and it won't put a dent in the debt.

The majority of the debt spending is the social security scam and interest.....now shut the fuck up.

The Chinese don't report their true numbers so there is nothing out there, dumbfuck.

Go do some crack or meth and get off my radar.

moron...

1) The US reports its unclassified and classified budget to the public, the Chinese openly lie about their military spending.

Really? How much do they spend then? You said my stats were wrong....tell me the proper percentage.

2) The US after WWII became the world leader to keep the peace because Europe and Asia couldn't behave themselves, so it is common sense that the US will lead the world in military spending.
Yeah, and we're 15 trillion in debt or have you not noticed?

So I don't give a shit if the US spends more on the military
Obviously. You also don't give a shit about economics.

compared to most countries because we are the one that can maintain the peace and keep islamofascists in check as well as the left-wingers like you.

Islamofascists spend about what; maybe 20 million in military spending as a whole? The terrorists who do not publish what they are spending maybe add in a couple of million from their laundering and front agencies. We're spending 600 Billion or so. The ratio is way out of whack.

You simply are ignorant of the facts.

But please go on with the name calling and defunding SS and Medicare; that has worked out so well for the GOP in the past.

Your move again.

It will exceed 20 trillion by 2016 The differences as I see them is who will slow spending. Democrats are on record any cut is extreme.
Well, fuzzy math has always been their anathema. Borrow and tax, borrow and tax... it's more than a nursery rhyme, and the thespian element doesn't get it because they're rich and famous and cannot connect with their roots any more. Neither can some people in Congress who enjoy the job because giving other people's money away makes them feel good.

That's exactly what King George of England thought in 1775. He thought Americans were worthless, and he gave them zero representation in his court.

It could be that the adage "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" has more truth than meets the eye.

We keep putting faith into the parties and the parties are totally in it for themselves.

The DNC and the RNC are, if you think about it, just like labor unions; and the country is the business.

They do what they can to keep their members employed.

When a business moves the jobs overseas, the unions lose. The government can't be outsourced but there is a very good parallel; When someone suggests changing the game to include a 3rd party; both react as if their birthright has been yanked from them and, since they are in power, they sabotage the process.

It's always interesting to see the bitter union haters fully embrace the GOP as if it is something different. Embracing the DNC is just as silly. Neither one of them care about you and in many cases, the unions don't care about the companies that their members work for.

We keep putting faith into the parties and the parties are totally in it for themselves.

The DNC and the RNC are, if you think about it, just like labor unions; and the country is the business.

When a business moves the jobs overseas, the unions lose. The government can't be outsourced but there is a very good parallel; When someone suggests changing the game to include a 3rd party; both react as if their birthright has been yanked from them and, since they are in power, they sabotage the process.

It's always interesting to see the bitter union haters fully embrace the GOP as if it is something different. Embracing the DNC is just as silly. Neither one of them care about you and in many cases, the unions don't care about the companies that their members work for.

Well said.

However, it is not the unions that is the problem per se, but rather the individuals who run them. Those individuals are just as corrupt as the men and women who run the two parties that you mentioned.

Which is why regardless of who wins, we're screwed.

Immie

Your military knowledge is pathetic.

The DoD isn't worried about an "invasion," it's worried about an attack like 9/11 but on a greater scale like with WMD or a cyber attack.
And an F22 raptor or a Virginia Class sub will stop that? Do tell.

China can launch either kind of attack. North Korea can nuke us. Russia can nuke us and attack us via cyber. Iran is working on a nuke attack option, but you idiots don't care.
Really? And our having 800 ships as opposed to 600 ships will stop the Iranian nuclear attack?

Iran is the one enemy that has a weird religious angle where chaos brings their religion to a wet dream climax, so giving them nukes is a bad thing in the minds of smart people. :eusa_whistle:
Since 1968, we've had the following:

8 years of Nixon Ford-R
4 years of Carter
12 Years of Reagan/Bush Sr.
8 years of Clinton
8 years of Bush Jr.
4 years of Obama counting this one.

8+12+8=28 years of GOP steward ship
4+8+4=16 years of DNC Stewardship. Nobody stopped North Korea. Your plans to stop Iran are what? Invasion? Sure...pardon me while I laugh.

But an invasion could happen after they nuke or cyber attack us back to the stone ages, but I prefer not to find out....idiot.
From Iran to the Pacific Coast. Wow..and you were criticizing someone else's understanding of the military?

In reality, China, Russia or Iran taking control of their part of the world with their military and the US not being able to stop it would damage our economy in the long run like say China takes over Asia, Russia parts of Europe and Iran over the middle east.....that is what the DoD worries about while you are picking up male dates in central park.
Your personal attacks do nothing to move your arguments forward. They're so lame that there was little hope for them anyway.

Can you reference any papers where the DOD is wargaming our response to any of these threats you are harping about?

While you're at it, you still haven't told us how much % we spend compared to the rest of the world.

Still your move.

Cue the personal attack 5...4...3...2..

Well said.

However, it is not the unions that is the problem per se, but rather the individuals who run them. Those individuals are just as corrupt as the men and women who run the two parties that you mentioned.

Which is why regardless of who wins, we're screwed.

Immie

I have to disagree to a degree (lol at the phrasing). I firmly believe that we get the Government we deserve. So too unions get the leadership their rank and file want more often than not.

Go on.

Show us all.

Al Quaeda already did.

And Red China has an army about 10 times the size of ours, if they had a way to get them here we would all be speaking Cantonese.

And I haven't a clue who else would like a shot at us. But i certainly don't want to find out.........

Yeah but the walk softly part went away with the Bush Doctrine.

Lets not forget that Japan shelled CA, bombed HI and invaded AK and firebombed the NW USA.
Of course HI and AK were not states then I think.

Last edited:

Go on.

Show us all.

Al Quaeda already did.

You have to "redefine" invade to make your point.

Which basically means..you have no point.

Forum List

Back