Is Western culture

Is there any truth in it? I mean come beginning at 4-5 years old we're conditioned to go to work for 8 hours a day to be a good rat in the cage, and you'll get your holy moly paradise in the end. Buy our products you don't need and you'll be "happy." War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength, and Freedom is Slavery. Enjoy the teevee dinner. :)

Western culture has been in development for centuries, such as:

Prehistory (Megalith builders).
Pre-classical antiquity (Egypt, Mycenaean Greece, etc.).
Classical antiquity (Greece, Rome, etc.).
The Christian era.
The Renaissance.

Etc.

This is just a short list of epochs in which Western culture has developed, from its embryonic period thousands of years ago to the current period.

Is there any truth in it? I mean come beginning at 4-5 years old we're conditioned to go to work for 8 hours a day to be a good rat in the cage, and you'll get your holy moly paradise in the end. Buy our products you don't need and you'll be "happy." War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength, and Freedom is Slavery. Enjoy the teevee dinner. :)

Unless you are some half-stoned college kid overly eager to please your unwashed lefty professor you need to smack yourself in the head for this trite, tired, empty nonsense.

Originally Posted by BadJesus

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNBxozEC9mk]THREE COURSE TV DINNER COMMERCIAL 1960 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

I wouldn't call that western culture. I mean, plenty of western countries don't share those views.

No. But that really demands we ask the question: What exactly is Western culture?

Are we talking the historical culture or the present one?

Which of the many cultures that exists in Western society are we discussing? Are we including subcultures?

Your question is good but it needs to be more indepth to get more precise answers.

an established set of lies?

No..its as true as mom and apple pie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEPqPeleKWc]Genetically Modified Apples! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSPJ8_9ZFw8]Hollywood's Satanic Agenda: Surrogates - YouTube[/ame]

Although I am not a big fan of Genetically altered foods and organism, I do disagree with a point that the speaker keeps alluding to.

"The same people that specialize in creating genetic/biological weapons or warfare."

Understand, there are alot of companies that got their start in the Military industrial complex. The thing is they turned their specialization from making weapons or improving military support to products and services that benefits society and mankind. The approach that the speaker is taking is an attempt to close the door on geneticist in tems of creating an "edible" product which could benefit us if it was able to be mass produced with limit resources and semi-habitable(able to reproduce and behave in the environment like its non-genetically alter family)

Now the company the speaker is talking about--that sounds like a different matter that makes my skin crawl.

Forum List

Back