Is Westboro Baptist Church a cult?

Sure...why wouldnt I be honest about my ideology on a political message board? Yes, Im a bit of a racist. But let me make something perfectly clear for the liberals who are now drooling saying "We finally got a conservative who admits they are racist". My racism has NOTHING to do with my Conservatism. Im simply a conservative who has a little bit of racism in his ideology. Racism and Conservatism are two separate parts of who I am. There are just as many racist liberals as there are racist conservatives and I share racist beliefs with both people on the left and on the right. Now with that said, my "little bit" of racism isnt that big of deal. Its not like Im wearing sheets and out burning crosses. I dont hate anyone. I dont hate black people. Im simply more of a separatist. I dont especially like black people. I dont want them living around me, working with me or going to school with my kids. That is all.
I needed to edit and something to the debate here, but it looks like Im a hypocrite when it comes the rights of blacks. Even though I would "prefer" that blacks didnt live around me, work with me, or go to school with my kids, I still support their right to. I cant stop them, nor would I try. But that still doesnt mean I would like it.

Do you mind me asking why you feel this way?

Why dont I especially like black people? Well, I dont want to turn this thread into a "debate my racism" thread. I think I saw another thread just for race issues. But basically, as a whole I dont want black people around me because of common sense. As a whole, I dont think black peoples general behavour is conducive to a good neighborhood. Can you honesly say that my lilly white crime free nice neighborhood would be a better place to live if it was say 40% black people? Of course it wouldnt. The simple fact is, the more blacks you have in your area, the higher the crime rate. Neighborhood demographics and crime rates show that even when you move up the economic ladder, crime follows race. In other words, even in a successful upper middle class neighborhood, the one with more blacks will have a higher crime rate than the almost all white neighborhood.
Really, I wish I didnt have any reasons to be racist. I wish blacks didnt give me so many reasons. In all honesty, I hope blacks learn to stay in school and become better educated, I hope blacks make the choice to quit committing so many crimes. I hope blacks make the decision to quit squirting out so many bastard children. I hope blacks buy some pants that fit and learn to speak english better. But all those problems blacks have are due to their own choices in life, not mine. Those are the things that make me racist. And if the blacks want to change or stop racism, then they need to work on changing themselves for the better. Its not my job to change them or help them change.
In fact, statistics show that blacks arent getting better, they are getting worse. Graduation rates for blacks is going down fast, not up. While the crime rate throughout the country is going down, the crime rate for blacks is growing. Personally, I think that makes racism more justified.
I will give you another example, and then I better get to work..lol. And perhaps later we can move the race debate to the right thread.
My city doesnt have a lot of blacks, around 1%. So their crime isnt really a problem. However, we do have a lot of hispanics and they are 17% of the population. Crime rates show that even though hispanics are 17% of the population, they are responsible for 70% of the crime in this area. Think about this, when a group thats 17% of the population is responsible for 70% of the crime in an area, doesnt that say A LOT about that group of people, and doesnt common sense tell you that this would be a better place to live if that "group of people" wasnt here? Racism justified. The cause of my racism towards hispanics is THEIR OWN CHOICES AND BEHAVOUR.

The problems you have listed are indeed issues the black community needs to address no doubt about that, my thing is if you become racist towards all blacks you are not giving the blacks who do not do those things a chance, same with Hispanics. It is hard to judge each individual by their character and not their race, this is the same as looking at Hamas and Hezbollah and painting all Muslims as terrorists. I have seen alot of people tell me that Asians are so smart and educated, well in my high school in Kansas City we had alot of Vietnamese students and let me tell you alot of them were fuckin stupid and they would gangbang and fight with the white kids in our school, no different than black and Mexican gangs. You cant judge a book by its cover, but your right we are off topic maybe we can discuss this in another thread.

Some pretty bad things have been done in the name of Christianity, this is one of them. Quit giving them air time and they will go away. everyone in life is worth something but these people are right at the bottom of the list. I think that only God loves them

The Westboro Baptist Church is the Al-Queda of Christianity.

HELL YEAH!!

Remember that day they blew up all those people?!?!?!

No?

me neither

Don't be an utter jackass.

Yo.........fuckwit that I call Too Dumb..........

You think terrorizing someone with eternal payback because you've got an axe to grind is NOT terroristic in it's thinking?

Try again stupid.

Surely we can draw a difference between those who commit acts of grave violence and those who spew horrific words at the lowest points of our lives. What we should all be able to agree on, is that each group (Al Qaeda & Westboro) both take scripture to its logical conclusion.

Surely we can draw a difference between those who commit acts of grave violence and those who spew horrific words at the lowest points of our lives. What we should all be able to agree on, is that each group (Al Qaeda & Westboro) both take scripture to its logical conclusion.

Westboro Church are a bunch of disgusting pigs but until they take up arms for their cause and start killing people, we can't put them in the same league as Al Qaeda.

Westboro Church are a bunch of disgusting pigs but until they take up arms for their cause and start killing people, we can't put them in the same league as Al Qaeda.

Sure we can. Both groups are humans. Both believe in a single God. Those are logical statements, that you can't refute.

I would be wrong to say, "Both commit acts of violence against innocent people." Westboro has not killed anyone as Al Qeada has. We can agree on that, surely.

However, Westboro has taken lines from scripture and has taken them literally. They have extended some of the most out-dated lines of holy text and have taken them to the most logical conclusion.

Al Qeada has done the same thing. Taken lines of scripture and extended them to their logical conclusion.

Wow!

71 posts to answer such a simple (and stupid) question......

a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.

Yes.
Yes, WBC is a cult

Why should we agree on that? I have read the Bible, and consider myself to be capable of using logic, yet I have never thought that WBC was right to link the deaths of soldiers with homosexuality in the US. I know many people who think that homosexuality is a sin, and that America will be judged for its tolerance of sin, that do not reach that conclusion either.

Why should we agree on that? I have read the Bible, and consider myself to be capable of using logic, yet I have never thought that WBC was right to link the deaths of soldiers with homosexuality in the US. I know many people who think that homosexuality is a sin, and that America will be judged for its tolerance of sin, that do not reach that conclusion either.

All one has to do is pick some old Christian scripture that calls for the death of some sinner over something completely stupid to show you that religion, when taken seriously, can result in violence.

The head of a federal cemetery in Houston was asked with Westcliff posed a problem at their site, He said no because they have a group of motorcycle riders who provide security at funeral for veterans and they just seem to have a way of keeping people like Westcliff away. Funny how that works

The head of a federal cemetery in Houston was asked with Westcliff posed a problem at their site, He said no because they have a group of motorcycle riders who provide security at funeral for veterans and they just seem to have a way of keeping people like Westcliff away. Funny how that works

Amazing how free people can resolve their problems without curbing individual rights by the hand of the state.

Forum List

Back