Is Westboro Baptist Church a cult?

I look at them more as just a bunch of A-Holes

• Banned
WBC and Fred Phelps seem like a cult of insanity. If I were a Christian, I would denounce them.

I'd like to think they are an extreme bit of a cult inside a religion.

Not being much of a christian or some one that read the bible that much, but in 4 years of catholic school, not once did anyone mention god or christ hating anyone.

All christians beleive god is love and therefore he can not hate, anything.

Honestly they are a bunch of first class assholes in need of a serious beat down.

I feel for them, sorta, one day, some of them are gonig to break out their god hates... posters a the wrong funeral.

WBC and Fred Phelps seem like a cult of insanity. If I were a Christian, I would denounce them.

Denounce them? Why give them that much legitimacy? Id prefer just ignoring them. If anyone claims they are representative of any group aside from themselves, those people are liars.

Denounce them? Why give them that much legitimacy? Id prefer just ignoring them. If anyone claims they are representative of any group aside from themselves, those people are liars.

Why not denounce them? If you're a Christian and they don't speak for you that would be a reason to denounce them. Aren't some people on moderate Muslims cases for not denouncing the extremists in their ranks?

Same thing if gay activists don't denounce NAMBLA. I can't stand that group. I've been vocally against them when they wanted to march in our gay pride parade.

What about all the media attention WBC get?

Last edited:

Why not denounce them? If you're a Christian and they don't speak for you that would be a reason to denounce them. Aren't some people on moderate Muslims cases for not denouncing the extremists in their ranks?

Same thing if gay activists don't denounce NAMBLA. I can't stand that group. I've been vocally against them when they wanted to march in our gay pride parade.

What about all the media attention WBC get?

I'm not under the impression that a majority of people think that WBC represents the majority of Christianity.

Why doesn't Al Qaeda fly a plane into their church? do something worth while for a change.

The christian world would turn against them as a unit.

The Pope would say turn the other cheek.

but I know some country folk that wouldn't take to kindly to that.:lol:

What is the christian world?

1/5th of the world is Roman Catholic, another bit is christian. Basically, more people follow the New Testament than anything else. And there are christians throughout the world.

I'd like to think they are an extreme bit of a cult inside a religion.

Not being much of a christian or some one that read the bible that much, but in 4 years of catholic school, not once did anyone mention god or christ hating anyone.

All christians beleive god is love and therefore he can not hate, anything.

Honestly they are a bunch of first class assholes in need of a serious beat down.

I feel for them, sorta, one day, some of them are gonig to break out their god hates... posters a the wrong funeral.

What makes you think God cant hate? The Bible even says God hates some people.

Forum List

Back