CDZ Is US in Putin's trap?

katsung47

VIP Member
Nov 22, 2011
Is Russia in US' oil trap, or US in Russia's gold trap? Here is a very interesting article.

Quote, "Grandmaster Putin’s Trap

Thu, Dec 25, 2014

Russia, United States
By Dmitry KALINICHENKO (Russia

Despite numerous success reports in the style of Fox News and CNN, today, Western economy, led by the United States is in Putin’s trap, the way out of which no one in the West can see or find. And the more the West is trying to escape from this trap, the more stuck it becomes.
http://orientalreview.org/2014/12/25/grandmaster-putins-trap/

Is Russia in US' oil trap, or US in Russia's gold trap? Here is a very interesting article.

Thu, Dec 25, 2014

Russia, United States

Despite numerous success reports in the style of Fox News and CNN, today, Western economy, led by the United States is in Putin’s trap, the way out of which no one in the West can see or find. And the more the West is trying to escape from this trap, the more stuck it becomes.

Grandmaster?! Surely you jest! Putin is a checker player. At best. imo.

Putin plays checkers with the tea party as they worship each other for being anti-America and anti-Obama.

The tea party are chess players that sacrificed their queen to the establishment Republicans. That is where they went wrong. They started off good but you cannot let people like Newt Ginchrich in and give him a microphone and a podium without expecting more of the same.

Thu, Dec 25, 2014

Russia, United States

Thu, Dec 25, 2014

Russia, United States

All this stuff about how clever Putin is needs to be re-thought Samizdata

All this stuff about how clever Putin is needs to be re-thought
Johnathan Pearce (London) · Russia
A few months ago, Nigel Farage, the grinning leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party, in one of his many contributions to the gaiety of nations, said – about the time of the annexation by Russia of Crimea – that he “admired” Vladimir Putin. Farage said that he did not admire the goals of VP, oh no, but he did have a sort of admiration for the ruthless determination of the man. (One wonders whether Farage rather liked the idea of having the power to bump off opponents and over-inquisitive journalists. Politicians who grin as maniacally as he does make me nervous.) Those who must abide by the messiness and compromises of Western liberal democracy can sometimes, no doubt, dream of the sort of ruthless power wielded by a Putin, Stalin or a Mao. (We tend to forget, by the way, that even a supposedly tough politician such as a Reagan or Thatcher were more hemmed in by circumstances and debate than some of their more fervent admirers and detractors care to admit.)

Alas, it appears that the image of Putin as this ruthless, chess-playing genius wrongfooting silly old Cameron, Merkel, and the chap with the funny moonface from France is not quite standing up to scrutiny. Here’s a report by Bloomberg:

“The foundations on which Vladimir Putin built his 15 years in charge of Russia are giving way. The meltdown of the ruble, which has plunged 18 percent against the dollar in the last two days alone, is endangering the mantra of stability around which Putin has based his rule. While his approval rating is near an all-time high on the back of his stance over Ukraine, the currency crisis risks eroding it and undermining his authority, Moscow-based analysts said.

In a surprise move today, the Russian central bank raised interest rates by the most in 16 years, taking its benchmark to 17 percent. That failed to halt the rout in the ruble, which has plummeted to about 70 rubles a dollar from 34 as oil prices dived by almost half to below $60 a barrel. Russia relies on the energy industry for as much as a quarter of economic output, Moody’s Investors Service said in a Dec. 9 report.

Now might also be a good time to remind ourselves of the “curse of natural resources”.

It would be worth wondering what are the odds that Putin can last a lot longer in power. That said, a sobering thought is that when regimes are in deep trouble, they can do desperate, crazy things, as Argentina did in 1982 by invading the Falklands. If I were a planner for NATO right now, I’d be having a nervous Christmas and New Year ahead of me.
Like I said before. Checker player. I hear Vladimir Zhirinovksy is ready to replace Putin any time now. Things can change very quickly in Russia. Never forget that pride goeth before a fall. He's due for one.

I think the OP needs to be very careful about using a grandmaster / chess player analogy with Putin. Chess is a game with rules and Putin is a man that doesn't abide by the rules. Look at what he did to Ukraine, eh? Was that legal? No. He should have been shunned for what he did to the Ukraine but with his reputation for murdering his own journalists, having his thugs break their legs, their faces, terrorize their families, don't forget he used to beat his own wife ........ you get the picture.

I think the OP needs to be very careful about using a grandmaster / chess player analogy with Putin. Chess is a game with rules and Putin is a man that doesn't abide by the rules. Look at what he did to Ukraine, eh? Was that legal? No. He should have been shunned for what he did to the Ukraine but with his reputation for murdering his own journalists, having his thugs break their legs, their faces, terrorize their families, don't forget he used to beat his own wife ........ you get the picture.
Nice rant.
But since we don´t know what he did to Ukraine, your other stuff does not appear to be credible.

Last edited:
Nice rant.
But since we don´t know what he did to Ukraine, your other stuff does not appear to be credible.
We know exactly what he has done.

The tea party are chess players that sacrificed their queen to the establishment Republicans. That is where they went wrong. They started off good but you cannot let people like Newt Ginchrich in and give him a microphone and a podium without expecting more of the same.
Interesting concept. You do know...if anything, the teapers aren't pro-Christian. They are made up of assholes who only oppose black.

Thu, Dec 25, 2014

Russia, United States

The article does put up a couple of interesting points :
1) Separation of Rusia and China from the dollar
2) The need of Europe for Rusian's oil.
I am not completely sure about the second point since Saudi Arabia might be able to supply oil to Europe.

The drop in the oil price , though will finally harm the country with the highest production costs. This , I fear , is the US, as both Saudi Arabia and Rusia are getting their oil from traditional sources, while much of the production from the US comes from shale oil which has a higher cost of extraction.

But this seem secondary in the article, as the real goal ( according to the article ) is de-dolarization.

Interesting concept. You do know...if anything, the teapers aren't pro-Christian. They are made up of assholes who only oppose black.

No. Actually I don't know that, Nutz. I have seen people of all color at Tea Party gatherings. The news has interviewed them. They seem quite normal to me.

Thu, Dec 25, 2014

Russia, United States

I am not completely sure about the second point since Saudi Arabia might be able to supply oil to Europe.

The drop in the oil price , though will finally harm the country with the highest production costs. This , I fear , is the US, as both Saudi Arabia and Rusia are getting their oil from traditional sources, while much of the production from the US comes from shale oil which has a higher cost of extraction.

But this seem secondary in the article, as the real gol ( according to the article ) is de-dolarization.

I disagree. I see it as an attempt at demoralization. As if we haven't had seen enough of that already.

Nice rant.

We don't? Didn't you mean to say you didn't? Why don't you open your eyes, unplug your ears and look at what Putin has done to the people in Ukraine? Do you remember what Stalin did? He purposely starved over 9 million people to death. They were from Ukraine. What about what Putin has done to journalists who opposed him? What do you think about that? Playing by the rules? No? Explain.

Thu, Dec 25, 2014

Russia, United States

But this seem secondary in the article, as the real gol ( according to the article ) is de-dolarization.

I disagree. I see it as an attempt at demoralization. As if we haven't had seen enough of that already.

Well , it's just an article. I don't find it demorilizing, rather interesting. It makes me ask myself if the US government has a counter-move to avoid this stockpiling of gold or not.
It also makes me wonder if this was Putin's actual strategy or just made up by the author of the article... asking these kind of questions is usefull to understand the events in the world.

No. Actually I don't know that, Nutz. I have seen people of all color at Tea Party gatherings. The news has interviewed them. They seem quite normal to me.
I have seen segregated tea party blacks. Not so much blacks outside of their black tea party group.

But in the end...teapers aren't Christians.

I have seen segregated tea party blacks. Not so much blacks outside of their black tea party group.

But in the end...teapers aren't Christians.

Only God knows their hearts. I cannot speak for who is and who isn't a Christian in the Tea Party group.

Forum List

Back