is TSA cost effective?

The airports talking about replacing TSA with private security have cited costs as a reason. They claim TSA is too expense and not efficient enough.
A well trained and professional TSA would do the trick.
Or well trained Private security would also do the trick.
In fact any reduction in the federal payroll would be welcome.
One thing is of paramount importance. That whomever gets the job that unions are kept OUT!
Imagine a person searching your person and your luggage that could not be fired unless they committed a violent felony.....Imagine the shitty treatment. Imagine passenger complaints being met with "you don't like it, talk to my union rep."

I think the xray scanner that checks for foreign objects in the body could be improved to feed the data into a computer generated checker no human would have to review until an alarm was sounded if something unusual was found. The picture of xray would only have to ID the person to a seat number on the plane, not their name. It could have a reviewer in another area check the entire planes data before people board. BUT do everybody, not randon BS.

And people with braces on legs, pins in hips, etc. should be screened by a human.

I also don't think we are giving these people much credit or wages for the dangerous job they are performing. If a terrorist is caught, they are going to blow themselves up taking as many in the vacinity as possible, to strike fear into TSA agents.

Actually, people with hip and knee replacements prefer the body scanner because they can clear through the checkpoint without any additional fuss...whereas they ALWAYS have to undergo secondary screening with the metal detector.

TSA is not a law enforcement agency. It does not "catch terrorists." The CIA, FBI and certain other alphabet agencies do that.

I think the potential exists for terrorists to deliberately attack checkpoints. When that day comes, it will mean that they have given up on bringing down planes. But I think it will be a while before that happens.

No one gives the postal worker much credit for facing danger other than the occasional co-worker who goes on a rampage. But during the great anthrax scare, it was several postal workers who were exposed to biological weapons just because they were at work, doing their jobs, sorting through mail addressed to other people.

Don't forget DOGS

so, if we eliminate their budget, the problem goes away?

Geeze, your a genious!! I wish I had thought of that. Have you been to my AVGP blog, wherein I put together a fully volunteer government funded by people like yourself. I cut every inch of fat out of the equation. For example, if you don't fly, why would you fund the TSA? :eusa_angel:

All Volunteer Government Party (AVGP)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Nobody's reading your shit. Ann Coulter is a lot richer than you because she is a good writer.
You bake cookies and sell ladies accessories at a flea market.
Letterman is an ass licking Connecticut liberal who hasn't written a joke in 30 years and hasn't had ratings in 10.

I think the xray scanner that checks for foreign objects in the body could be improved to feed the data into a computer generated checker no human would have to review until an alarm was sounded if something unusual was found. The picture of xray would only have to ID the person to a seat number on the plane, not their name. It could have a reviewer in another area check the entire planes data before people board. BUT do everybody, not randon BS.

And people with braces on legs, pins in hips, etc. should be screened by a human.

I also don't think we are giving these people much credit or wages for the dangerous job they are performing. If a terrorist is caught, they are going to blow themselves up taking as many in the vacinity as possible, to strike fear into TSA agents.

Actually, people with hip and knee replacements prefer the body scanner because they can clear through the checkpoint without any additional fuss...whereas they ALWAYS have to undergo secondary screening with the metal detector.

TSA is not a law enforcement agency. It does not "catch terrorists." The CIA, FBI and certain other alphabet agencies do that.

I think the potential exists for terrorists to deliberately attack checkpoints. When that day comes, it will mean that they have given up on bringing down planes. But I think it will be a while before that happens.

No one gives the postal worker much credit for facing danger other than the occasional co-worker who goes on a rampage. But during the great anthrax scare, it was several postal workers who were exposed to biological weapons just because they were at work, doing their jobs, sorting through mail addressed to other people.

I think the post boys are paid pretty good. I make sure mine po man & gardeners have access to my outdoor stocked refrigertor in the boiling summer, or an Icetea to go. All the people that serve me through the year are tipped, from the bank tellers, waiter/waitresses to the gardener and maids. I was just praising my bank people who make sure everything goes as it should for me. They can't accept cash, so I have to get them gift cards instead. A little season kindness can reward you with a year of perfect service. :eusa_angel:

To me, the idea that people are screened & felt up right in front of other flyers is completely wrong for the childish moral society we have here. They should each go into a room, and exit out the loading sight for the flight. I think if some guy started feeling my balls up, and would grab his head and throw in my crotch! LMAO!!! I wonder if they would arrest me? hehehehee!

I think the post boys are paid pretty good. I make sure mine po man & gardeners have access to my outdoor stocked refrigertor in the boiling summer, or an Icetea to go. All the people that serve me through the year are tipped, from the bank tellers, waiter/waitresses to the gardener and maids. I was just praising my bank people who make sure everything goes as it should for me. They can't accept cash, so I have to get them gift cards instead. A little season kindness can reward you with a year of perfect service. :eusa_angel:

To me, the idea that people are screened & felt up right in front of other flyers is completely wrong for the childish moral society we have here. They should each go into a room, and exit out the loading sight for the flight. I think if some guy started feeling my balls up, and would grab his head and throw in my crotch! LMAO!!! I wonder if they would arrest me? hehehehee!

If you scroll up, I said that the issue I have with TSA is its procedures. I don't think they're too invasive; however, I don't think the average screener is allowed to make common sense decisions because of the rigidity of the TSA bureaucracy.

Whenever I've been screened by a TSA screener, they always tell me I have an option to be screened in private.

"I don't think they're too invasive"

You want somebody jamming their thumbs into your crotch?

whatever gets you hard, i guess...

Actually, they never touch your crotch. The only difference between the new pat down and old pat down is that they use sliding motions. I was trained by the military how to pat down prisoners, detainees and other personnel. TSA's pat down methods are not even close when it comes to the thoroughness of a military pat-down.

Your mileage may vary.

so, if we eliminate their budget, the problem goes away?

Geeze, your a genious!! I wish I had thought of that. Have you been to my AVGP blog, wherein I put together a fully volunteer government funded by people like yourself. I cut every inch of fat out of the equation. For example, if you don't fly, why would you fund the TSA? :eusa_angel:

Like those "Day Use Fee Parks"?

KInda. If you want the gov. to build roads, you donate to roads. If you want your representatives to have a wage for doing your business, you donate to them. Don't want to fund military & all that entails these days, don't fund it.

No IRS, No fed taxes. Each state gov will tax & spend, but send in no fed taxes or receive fed taxes. Just pull out your credit card and fund away as you please.

KInda. If you want the gov. to build roads, you donate to roads. If you want your representatives to have a wage for doing your business, you donate to them. Don't want to fund military & all that entails these days, don't fund it.

No IRS, No fed taxes. Each state gov will tax & spend, but send in no fed taxes or receive fed taxes. Just pull out your credit card and fund away as you please.

So the law is treated like a marketplace? i think they have that in Mexico, actually...

Actually, they never touch your crotch. The only difference between the new pat down and old pat down is that they use sliding motions. I was trained by the military how to pat down prisoners, detainees and other personnel. TSA's pat down methods are not even close when it comes to the thoroughness of a military pat-down.

Your mileage may vary.

Good to know, I will tell all the ladies to demand the military pat down from now on. When I tell them it is the "slide," they are going to love it! LMAO!! Probably buy 50 tickets a day!!! Hey mister! Get that tissue out of there while your at it.
:lol:

Last edited:
I think TSA agents are worth a lot more than they get, if I am the one flying. I don't know why more people don't get their own twin engine and learn to fly themselves to work. Or just fly someone's charter service and avoid all the pat down & xrays. The small business doesn't get all the corporate welfare the corporations do.

So the law is treated like a marketplace? i think they have that in Mexico, actually...

Each state would handle their own laws, and those are taxed for. Congress can write laws, presidents can sign them into law, but only you decide if it will be funded, by making your donations to whatever you support. So maybe it is like a market place, but shouldn't you be the one deciding what you want funded, not a lobbyist??

Your mileage may vary.

I admit there were a few POWs in nam, I think I saw about 8, but they usually didn't live long enough to get a pat down. :eusa_angel: I don't think we had any POW training, outside of a card that said go down swinging. I just checked one battle, we killed 231 VC/NVA in about 8 hours, and only had 3 enemy POWs. Don't know who saved them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back