CDZ Is truth dead because of media filtering?

It is sobering to think how much power and influence the media had for more than the last ten years. This is my opinion, but I have noticed an unopposed condemnation for religion, police, and nationalism. The media pushed drugs, globalism, anti police, welfare, race and class divisions, and homosexuality. I know people who agree with all of the media's positions will say that it is a naturally evolving culture, and they may be right, but I myself do not think the messages they have pushed represent the views of most Americans. It is interesting how almost all of the media outlets all have the same point of view, and almost identical phrasing and stories. The over 90% negativity against the president is damning. No matter how much you hate someone, or how evil you think they are, there are normally two sides to every story. Doesn't it seem to stretch credulity to have negative coverage exceed 80%? The media pushed for legal drugs and gay weddings, and it got them. Is it progress? Maybe. I'm just glad they went nuts so that people don't automatically think they are the voice of how people see things.

Depends on what you mean by 'media'

In my opinion, the media includes Fox News, WND, OAN, and the right wing talk show hosts- the Limbaughs and the Hannitys- who have all pushed their spin on the news.

As far as almost all being identical- that frankly is not true. What the Wall Street Journal says is far different from what the Los Angeles Times says- hell what the Washington Post says is far different from what the Washington Times says.

As far as the media pushing for 'legal drugs'- are you talking alcohol? pot? cocaine? heroin?

The legalization of both pot and alcohol was done with a huge amount of support by Americans.

What I have seen in the last twenty years is a huge attempt- by both sides- to get people to question the news- and only rely upon their own partisan political sources for 'news'.

Ever since Nixon, the Republicans have tried to destroy the media- because yes- if it wasn't for a free media- Nixon would never have been forced to resign.

Now Republicans want Americans to believe that only the media with Trump's personal approval is real- and that everything that the President says cannot be questioned.

American media is far from perfect- but its far better than any of the information coming from Trump or any other politician.

It seems these days that it’s difficult to get any kind of reliable information because people don’t have access to the original source. All we hear is second hand (often pre-interpreted for us) information given to us by media outlets that already have a political bias in favor of one or the other. What are people to do in such situations? Consider that we’ve had numerous memos and reports published regarding the impeachment matter, and yet both sides say the documents support their case. Obviously, both of those groups can’t be correct at the same time. And yet...
The truth is fine, but conservative "media" is doing it's best to hide it.
It’s only the other team!
No, there are left wing we sites I won't visit for news either, but the right has no reputable information outlets.

Well the Wall Street Journal is pretty much to the right.

But it doesn't toe the Right Wing party line so..........

It seems these days that it’s difficult to get any kind of reliable information because people don’t have access to the original source. All we hear is second hand (often pre-interpreted for us) information given to us by media outlets that already have a political bias in favor of one or the other. What are people to do in such situations? Consider that we’ve had numerous memos and reports published regarding the impeachment matter, and yet both sides say the documents support their case. Obviously, both of those groups can’t be correct at the same time. And yet...
One of the great benefits of the internet is that the Press no longer has 100% control of information.

Truth exists independently of anyone's perception or advocacy.

It is the Mind of God and cannot die.

Forum List

Back