Is Trump the conservative Truman? Discuss

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
i just ask questions. i'm a journalist!

"“The President has been remarkable. I do not doubt that he will thrive in this new environment, and he will be a constant reminder of what populism is.” Thank you to Tammy Bruce and Steve Hilton. Presidential Harassment has been with me from the beginning!" - Trump

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) | Twitter

• Banned
Trump's election is a singular accomplishment that can only be attributed to the talent, energy, and foresight of Trump himself. Trump's sprint across 8 states in the closing days led to the greatest upset since 1948, when Truman barnstormed across the country by train, breaking all railroad speed regulations, making 7 stops per day. The physical energy Trump expended going down the stretch was Herculean. his final push into WI, MI, and returning to western PA, was an act of pure will that, while Hillary was already celebrating, propelled Trump to victory.

Truman was hand picked by democrats to run as VP in FDR's 4th term when they knew FDR was dying. The sitting VP was too smart and too independent for democrats so they waited until he was on vacation to kick him out. Truman woke up about four months later and found himself to be president without a freaking clue. He didn't even know about the Bomb before he was coerced into authorizing it's use on defenseless citizens. Little timid Harry sent Troops to Korea under an illegal executive order and he was afraid to confront his own General until it was too late and Americans walked into the biggest ambush in history. We lost as many Troops in the three years of Korea as we did in ten years of Vietnam and the media gave Truman a ticker tape parade. Truman couldn't even get enough support in his own party to run for a full 2nd term.

New Topics

Forum List

Back