CDZ Is Trump more like Grant, Sherman or Churchill?

Is President Trump more like.....

• General Grant

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • General Sherman

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Winston Churchill

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Why would you use that example...considering Trump is a great friend of Israel....?

Because, as Grant expelled Jews, so Rump (wants to) expel Muslims. In both cases antiConstitutional bullshit bigotry based on religion, and in both cases stopped in their tracks by higher government that doesn't automatically disregard the Constitution.

Same shit, different day.

I guess the case could be made that Rump "burned" Atlantic City just as Sherman "burned" Atlanta, but that's kind of a mixed metaphor. Grant's infamous General Order No. 11 is far more close a parallel. It's the same thing.

Please explain where Trump has stated or even acted to expel muslims......even his travel holds on immigrants from terrorist countries don't target muslims...since of the 52 muslim controlled countries, only 6 have holds on their immigration......and the largest muslim controlled countries aren't on the list.....so you will lie all day long...and the Supreme Court has upheld his immigration holds since that power clearly resides in the executive branch.

Please...explain to us how holding immigration from 6 countries...out of 52 muslim controlled countries is bigotry based on religion. Explain how not holding immigration from the 52 muslim controlled countries with the largest popultions of muslims in the world is bigotry....please....go ahead...try to explain it...

Please explain where Trump has stated or even acted to expel muslims.

he cant because he is a lying about Trump

He did, because it's on video. Nothing you can do about that except acknowledge it.

The transparent revisionism going on in the OP by the way, is trying to "legitimize" Rump by comparing three military officers with an entitled elitist wimp who wiggled out of the same service claiming "bone spurs while playing squash" and then had the callous effrontery to claim he served his "own personal Vietnam" by avoiding AIDS in New York sex clubs.

once again you are simply a liar

Riiiiiiiight. That's not Rump at all, that's me in a Rump mask, with Cheetos rubbed all over my face and a chinchilla on my head, doing a dead-on imitation of Rump's voice. I'm so busted, ya got me.

I might as well confess while we're at it that I also dubbed his voice on the Access Hollywood tape and stuck it on the soundtrack, and then snuck into the TV studio and planted it. It was a dark and stormy night....

Let's see...Trump thinks he's charming and suave like Hugh Grant, but struts around more like Sherman Hemsley, and eats like a horse - he should live at Churchill Downs.

That's as close as he comes to any of those three.

Trump is closer to a Jimmy Carter leadership...

Mmm... not really. Carter never started a war, never dropped a bomb, never fired a shot. Only POTUS in the last 85 years who can say that.

Needless to say that's why the PTB had to make sure he didn't stay on. You can't have a POTUS sitting around not starting wars. That's unAmerican.

So you honestly think zero black ops went on from 1976-1980 under a former naval officer?

LOL.

And maybe if he did do some bomb dropping or bullet firing while in office during the Iran thing he might have gotten a second term.

As it was he got those hostages back --- again, without firing a shot. Is that not preferable?

I made no mention of "black ops". I said POTUS. That means as official US policy.

Black ops IS official US policy, we just don't know about it.

Well the Iranians got to humiliate us and have spent the next 4 decades thumbing their noses at us, so maybe some shots fired back then would have prevented all this.

By definition if we don't know about it ---- it can't be "official".

Maybe not sending those same black ops in there in 1953 would have prevented all this. Ya think?

It's official, just classified. if it wasn't sanctioned it would be rogue.

Maybe, maybe not.

Sherman on steroids and amphetamines.
Nah he's on the opposing side that Sherman fought against

Trump is not for slavery nor leaving the Union.

Try to be less bat shit crazy.
You don't know those things. He supported Roy Moore and said some Nazi's are good people.

What he said was that some good people support keeping the statues.

Why did you lie about what he said?

Are you that sure that you can't make a point without lying?

Nnnnnnnnnnnnope. He doesn't mention statues there --- he says "many fine people on both sides".

Whelp --- guess who was on one of those sides.

Actually, I believe he did mention statues in the same press conference.

Here's a transcript: Read the complete transcript of President Trump's remarks at Trump Tower on Charlottesville

Here's the relevant quote from the transcript:
TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. (inaudible) themselves (inaudible) and you have some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me -- I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

Because, as Grant expelled Jews, so Rump (wants to) expel Muslims. In both cases antiConstitutional bullshit bigotry based on religion, and in both cases stopped in their tracks by higher government that doesn't automatically disregard the Constitution.

Same shit, different day.

I guess the case could be made that Rump "burned" Atlantic City just as Sherman "burned" Atlanta, but that's kind of a mixed metaphor. Grant's infamous General Order No. 11 is far more close a parallel. It's the same thing.

Please explain where Trump has stated or even acted to expel muslims......even his travel holds on immigrants from terrorist countries don't target muslims...since of the 52 muslim controlled countries, only 6 have holds on their immigration......and the largest muslim controlled countries aren't on the list.....so you will lie all day long...and the Supreme Court has upheld his immigration holds since that power clearly resides in the executive branch.

Please...explain to us how holding immigration from 6 countries...out of 52 muslim controlled countries is bigotry based on religion. Explain how not holding immigration from the 52 muslim controlled countries with the largest popultions of muslims in the world is bigotry....please....go ahead...try to explain it...

He did, because it's on video. Nothing you can do about that except acknowledge it.

The transparent revisionism going on in the OP by the way, is trying to "legitimize" Rump by comparing three military officers with an entitled elitist wimp who wiggled out of the same service claiming "bone spurs while playing squash" and then had the callous effrontery to claim he served his "own personal Vietnam" by avoiding AIDS in New York sex clubs.

Riiiiiiiight. That's not Rump at all, that's me in a Rump mask, with Cheetos rubbed all over my face and a chinchilla on my head, doing a dead-on imitation of Rump's voice. I'm so busted, ya got me.

I might as well confess while we're at it that I also dubbed his voice on the Access Hollywood tape and stuck it on the soundtrack, and then snuck into the TV studio and planted it. It was a dark and stormy night....

it is a clean debate zone

so yeah i will leave it that

you know as everyone else knows you are nothing but a liar

and you are lying once again

You don't know those things. He supported Roy Moore and said some Nazi's are good people.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnope. He doesn't mention statues there --- he says "many fine people on both sides".

Trump did say there were fine people on both sides but he also said neonazis and white nationalists should be “condemned totally” and that he wasn’t talking about them.

I didn't say HE mentioned the issue.

That was what the rally was about, you moron, that was what the sides were about.

Your challenge, such as it was to my post has been refuted, thus it stands.

Trump did say there were fine people on both sides but he also said neonazis and white nationalists should be “condemned totally” and that he wasn’t talking about them.

The Truth doesn't matter to people like Pogo.

He just wants to smear and marginalize his enemies.

Mmm... not really. Carter never started a war, never dropped a bomb, never fired a shot. Only POTUS in the last 85 years who can say that.

Needless to say that's why the PTB had to make sure he didn't stay on. You can't have a POTUS sitting around not starting wars. That's unAmerican.

So you honestly think zero black ops went on from 1976-1980 under a former naval officer?

LOL.

And maybe if he did do some bomb dropping or bullet firing while in office during the Iran thing he might have gotten a second term.

As it was he got those hostages back --- again, without firing a shot. Is that not preferable?

I made no mention of "black ops". I said POTUS. That means as official US policy.

Well the Iranians got to humiliate us and have spent the next 4 decades thumbing their noses at us, so maybe some shots fired back then would have prevented all this.

Maybe not sending those same black ops in there in 1953 would have prevented all this. Ya think?

To my knowledge, that was the first "regime change" plan enacted. That one backfired, and so has every single one since, to my knowledge. That won't stop some idiot from trying it again though, I bet.

LOL.

Now if we want to get into who the President of the Shadow Government is, that's a whole 'nother thread. And not an uninteresting one.

Who did? Carter? Hmm. Maybe after Reagan got elected. :rolleyes:

Churchill was pretty bad.

25,000 + civilians killed in Dresden Firebombing by his crew.

Personally a God Father of the Cold War in Potsdam, and Yalta Conferences, which inflicted a lot of death, and misery.

Presumably was involved in the 3 million Indians who died in the Bengali Famine of 1943, which is thought to have happened due to Britain stealing India's resources, particularly for the War Effort.

So.....Because of the reaction to Trump from the left and the establishment republicans, it reminded me of the story Hugh Hewitt told about President Lincoln when he was told by establisment republican politicians and generals that he needed to get rid of General Grant. These establishment types didn't like Grant, he was not dignified, he drank too much, was a messy dresser....but he knew how to fight the war.....and Lincoln replied to these requests....I can't lose this man, he fights.....

Churchill....another guy that the left wingers and establisment types couldn't stand.....but he knew how to fight.....

So...who is Trump more like....Churchill, Grant or even General Sherman....?

Victor Davis Hanson - Civilization's 'Darkest Hour'

Chamberlain and senior conservative politician Edward Wood both considered Churchill unhinged for believing Britain could survive.

The Bigmouth Tradition of American Leadership

Grant/Sherman

Both Ulysses S. Grant and William Tecumseh Sherman were military geniuses. Grant was quiet and reflective — at least in his public persona, which gave scant hint that he struggled with alcohol and often displayed poor judgement about those who surrounded him. Sherman was loud. He was often petty, and certainly ready in a heartbeat to engage in frequent feuds, many of them cul de sacs and counter-productive. Sherman threatened to imprison or even hang critical journalists and waged a bitter feud with the secretary of war, Edwin Stanton. Too few, then or now, have appreciated that the uncouth Sherman, in fact, displayed both a prescient genius and an uncanny understanding of human nature. Whereas Grant could brilliantly envision how his armies might beat the enemy along a battle line or capture a key fortress or open a river, Sherman’s insight encompassed whole regions and theaters, in calibrating how both economics and sociology might mesh with military strategy to crush an entire people. For all of Grant’s purported drinking and naïveté about the scoundrels around him, his outward professional bearing, his understated appearance of steadiness and discretion, enhanced his well-earned reputation for masterful control in times of crises. The volatile and loquacious nature of Sherman, in contrast, often hid and diminished appreciation of his talents — in some ways greater than Grant’s. To the stranger, Grant would have seemed the less likely to have had too much to drink and smoked too many daily cigars, Sherman the more prone to all sorts of such addictions.

Read more at: The Bigmouth Tradition of American Leadership

Trump: The Unlikeliest Churchillian

Chamberlain resigned, and Churchill accepted King George VI's appointment to the position of prime minister, but the king, and both parties of Parliament, loathed Churchill.

------

To the horror of our 2016 establishment, Donald Trump was elected. He has been as loathed as Churchill was when he took on the P.M. job as the catastrophe at Dunkirk was unfolding. Like Churchill, Trump is a bit reckless with his opinions and his speech. Churchill regularly offended people on both sides of the political spectrum, as does Trump. Churchill was innovative, imaginative. He devised the civilian boat rescue of all those soldiers at Dunkirk. It worked. Trump has, in a year, defeated ISIS, although the media are loath to report that. Trump has revitalized the economy beyond anything Obama was able to do. He has successfully rolled back the restrictive regulations Obama put in place that have strangled the economy and suppressed GDP growth to 2% for eight years.
Like Churchill without the whiskey and cigars.

:lmao:

:dig:

LOL.

Now if we want to get into who the President of the Shadow Government is, that's a whole 'nother thread. And not an uninteresting one.

Who did? Carter? Hmm. Maybe after Reagan got elected. :rolleyes:

Yes, Carter with his SoS Christopher. He was obsessed with getting it done, and did so, with not a single casualty. And when the hostages finally took off from Teheran they stopped in what was then West Germany, where Carter was there to meet them. The point being, they did it without firing a shot.

Brute force can get a lot done, but at considerable cost. Getting it done without force -- and ergo without a cost of human life-- takes finesse. Finesse however doesn't make Lockheed Martin any money, so he had to go.

LOL.

To my knowledge, that was the first "regime change" plan enacted. That one backfired, and so has every single one since, to my knowledge. That won't stop some idiot from trying it again though, I bet.

Sure won't. But I don't think that was the first regime change attempt. First one in Iran perhaps, but Latin America for one has been an incessant target, and Woodrow Wilson, who was no stranger to Latin American meddling, still had forces in Russia back in 1920.

Somebody should essplain that to David Duke then, because he creamed his jeans over the rant.

:lmao:

:dig:

yeah you dug your grave long ago

you know it everyone knows it

New Topics

Forum List

Back