Is this where the free thinkers check in ?

My name is Jon. I live in South Carolina. I am 39 years old, divorced, one adult son and one perfect dog. I am hetrosexual but that doesn't bother me. I am registered to vote but not affiliated with any criminal organizations. I own guns but don't go making assumptions about that. You could get shot at. I'm pro life myself but don't care what you do with your free time. Jimmy Carter is my favorite ex president. Did I say that out loud ? I am a vicious supporter of Tarheel athletics and that, of course, means that Duke stinks, as they have just demonstrated live on my television. I am a saloon musician by trade, I have written four CDs worth of music and released them independently over the past five years. Evidently, they aren't all that great. I once fell in love with a lesbian. Ask me how that worked out sometime. I enjoy internet debate about topics that are mostly over my head and I have been wrong about things before. I know I was wrong at least once in 1993. I like most types of peas but not nearly as many varieties of beans. There is a difference.

That should be enough for starters. Feel free to ask questions. And where do I jump in ?

Welcome. So your sexual orientation doesn't bother you? And how many dogs do you have? I've got two, but only one is perfect. Do you have any of your music on YouTube?

I only need one dog, considering that she is perfect. If I had started with an imperfect dog, I would have kept looking.

You can visit ( can't post the URL until I reach 15 post ) to check out some music. There are a couple songs from the last CD for download.

I did enter the URL as my homepage on my user infromation. Maybe you can find it there.

I only need one dog, considering that she is perfect. If I had started with an imperfect dog, I would have kept looking.

You can visit ( can't post the URL until I reach 15 post ) to check out some music. There are a couple songs from the last CD for download.

I did enter the URL as my homepage on my user infromation. Maybe you can find it there.

If I sent my dog to you, could you train her to be perfect?

Yep, if you click on "visit Peejay's homepage" you can go to the website.

If I sent my dog to you, could you train her to be perfect?

HA ! I doubt it. She would probably curl up perfectly in your spot on the bed when she got home.

Can someone tell me what the green lights are, the thanks and thank yous, rep power, etc. ?

Can someone tell me what the green lights are, the thanks and thank yous, rep power, etc. ?

The green lights, together with the little medals, are indications of your "reputation," a number that is changed by people "repping" your posts.

Rep is adjusted by clicking the thumb up / thumb down button (
reputation.gif
) above a post. You can either approve or dissaprove of the post (remember to include a comment). Approving of a post in this way increases the poster's reputation score, and dissaproving lowers it. The amount raised/lowered depends on your "rep power."

You can click on User CP in the red bar at the top of the page to see recent rep comments given by and to you.

It has no mechanical impact but many people find it fun.

As for the thanks button (
post_thanks.gif
), clicking it leaves a little note under the post that you thank the poster for it. Try it out (you can revoke your thanks for a while after giving it).

You folks seem pretty friendly......but I read some of the conversation here.

Welcome to the jungle, baby :badgrin:

Man! You just gotta get over that Jimmy Carter crap.. :eusa_angel:

Jimmy is a good guy ! He hangs with Willie Nelson for heavens sake.

Jimmy doesn't deserve the bad rap he gets. He wasn't perfect but he was honest. And that's as close to perfect as you can get.

My name is Jon. I live in South Carolina. I am 39 years old, divorced, one adult son and one perfect dog. I am hetrosexual but that doesn't bother me. I am registered to vote but not affiliated with any criminal organizations. I own guns but don't go making assumptions about that. You could get shot at. I'm pro life myself but don't care what you do with your free time. Jimmy Carter is my favorite ex president. Did I say that out loud ? I am a vicious supporter of Tarheel athletics and that, of course, means that Duke stinks, as they have just demonstrated live on my television. I am a saloon musician by trade, I have written four CDs worth of music and released them independently over the past five years. Evidently, they aren't all that great. I once fell in love with a lesbian. Ask me how that worked out sometime. I enjoy internet debate about topics that are mostly over my head and I have been wrong about things before. I know I was wrong at least once in 1993. I like most types of peas but not nearly as many varieties of beans. There is a difference.

That should be enough for starters. Feel free to ask questions. And where do I jump in ?

LMFAO. I think I like you already.

Jimmy doesn't deserve the bad rap he gets. He wasn't perfect but he was honest. And that's as close to perfect as you can get.

Jimmy is a good guy. Jimmy is honest. Willie Nelson is a good guy. He plays at Floore's Country Store regularly and on occasion I go see him.

Willie's politics suck, so do Jimmy's, and Jimmy was THE sorriest President to hold office in my lifetime, IMO.

Jimmy is a good guy. Jimmy is honest. Willie Nelson is a good guy. He plays at Floore's Country Store regularly and on occasion I go see him.

Willie's politics suck, so do Jimmy's, and Jimmy was THE sorriest President to hold office in my lifetime, IMO.

You go to shows at Floore's ?

You ever see REK there ?

I love REK's shows. Saw him at the Newberry Opera House in Nov. and in San Antone during the Final Four last year. Brilliant song writer and funny as hell. I love those Texas guys. Billy Joe Shaver, Jerry Jeff, Hayes Carll is one of the up and comers. Man, I gotta get back to Texas sometime.

Jimmy isn't perfect. But he's honest. I'll take that anyday.

You ever see REK there ?

I love REK's shows. Saw him at the Newberry Opera House in Nov. and in San Antone during the Final Four last year. Brilliant song writer and funny as hell. I love those Texas guys. Billy Joe Shaver, Jerry Jeff, Hayes Carll is one of the up and comers. Man, I gotta get back to Texas sometime.

Floore's is about 6 miles from where I sit.

I have seen Rober Earl Keene. I've also seen Kevin Fowler, Roger Creager, Charlie Robison, R Wylie Hubbard (one of my favorites), Ray Price, Willie and a host of other Texas Country musicians.

I have also been known to haunt Arkey Blue's in Bandera. A bunch of locals get together every Saturday and have a jam session. I occasionally pick for one or two of the fiddle players.

You ever see REK there ?

Floore's is about 6 miles from where I sit.

I have seen Rober Earl Keene. I've also seen Kevin Fowler, Roger Creager, Charlie Robison, R Wylie Hubbard (one of my favorites), Ray Price, Willie and a host of other Texas Country musicians.

I have also been known to haunt Arkey Blue's in Bandera. A bunch of locals get together every Saturday and have a jam session. I occasionally pick for one or two of the fiddle players.

Pickin' at Arkey Blue's ? Now you're just rubbing it in.

I drove 200 miles to see Willie Nelson. I love Willie Nelson. Now Jimmy,, is another story..

I drove 200 miles to see Willie Nelson. I love Willie Nelson. Now Jimmy,, is another story..

I'm going to start a 12 step program for "Learning Why You Should Love Jimmy". He'd build you a house. Put solar panels up for you. I bet he'd wash your cat and insulate your house with the fur balls.

I'm going to start a 12 step program for "Learning Why You Should Love Jimmy". He'd build you a house. Put solar panels up for you. I bet he'd wash your cat and insulate your house with the fur balls.

Try to wash Skittles, and he'd be Jimmy no more...

Try to wash Skittles, and he'd be Jimmy no more...

No cat can scratch through Jimmy's Cardigan. It's inpenetrable. Sadly, it is dry clean only.

Forum List

Back