Is this what James Madison had in mind?

James Madison was the author of the militia clause in the Constitution and the Second Amendment. What was Madison’s thinking and how do we know it? Are Madison’s words undebatable?

The Second Amendment 8217 s History Consortiumnews
Weeeellllll, what we have here is a modern interpretation of the concept of "militia", different from the concept of militia during Madison's time...
Weeeee! Do you believe we now have a modern interpretation of the concept of "privacy", different from the concept of militia during Madison's time?

Be true to your principles: claim there is NO right to privacy in the Constitution
Now come on, you know the "militia" argument the anti-gunners use to heavily regulate, promote banning firearms. Is this ignorance or an intentional deflection on your part?
like the sides in the abortion debate, a pox on all houses of the firearms debate. when obfuscation, deception, deceit, and outright lies are a substitute for open and honest debate...

I say let loose the IRS on ALL non profits

James Madison was the author of the militia clause in the Constitution and the Second Amendment. What was Madison’s thinking and how do we know it? Are Madison’s words undebatable?

Weeeellllll, what we have here is a modern interpretation of the concept of "militia", different from the concept of militia during Madison's time...
Weeeee! Do you believe we now have a modern interpretation of the concept of "privacy", different from the concept of militia during Madison's time?

Be true to your principles: claim there is NO right to privacy in the Constitution
Now come on, you know the "militia" argument the anti-gunners use to heavily regulate, promote banning firearms. Is this ignorance or an intentional deflection on your part?
like the sides in the abortion debate, a pox on all houses of the firearms debate. when obfuscation, deception, deceit, and outright lies are a substitute for open and honest debate...

ALL non-profits? Even those protected by the Constitution? Religious non-profits....... :dunno:

ALL non-profits? Even those protected by the Constitution? Religious non-profits....... :dunno:
Of course. Hold them to their mission. How many so-called religious groups are truly religious? What percentage of their work is for religious purposes?

Freedom of or for religion does not = free ride for every misfit who opens a storefront, website or P.O. Box

Of course. Hold them to their mission. How many so-called religious groups are truly religious? What percentage of their work is for religious purposes?

Freedom of or for religion does not = free ride for every misfit who opens a storefront, website or P.O. Box
Never said it did but and in most cases the IRS successfully goes after those who "play that game".
Basically the argument against taxing religious non-profits is based on the so called separation of church and state in that taxing any aspect of religious organizations/entities is actually violation of the free exercise clause. People want religion out of government then they have to accept the other side of the coin, government out of religion.

Never said it did but and in most cases the IRS successfully goes after those who "play that game".
Basically the argument against taxing religious non-profits is based on the so called separation of church and state in that taxing any aspect of religious organizations/entities is actually violation of the free exercise clause. People want religion out of government then they have to accept the other side of the coin, government out of religion.
taxing religious groups for owning property has nothing to do with speech. government is NOT in religion

taxing religious groups for owning property has nothing to do with speech. government is NOT in religion
I can't find the argument but as it was (convincingly) presented it's akin to opening the door for the the government to "regulate" religion so whether we agree with it or not that's the way it is. :dunno:

I can't find the argument but as it was (convincingly) presented it's akin to opening the door for the the government to "regulate" religion so whether we agree with it or not that's the way it is. :dunno:
It's only a legal argument that I disagree with. Giving tax breaks to religious groups actually opens the door, because it is NOT a hands off policy. Religious groups get tax breaks -- they also ASK for government funds and government has a duty and responsibilities to attach conditions to money given

I'm aware of all that, just telling you what the legal is. Given that are there those who take advantage... duh yup. Like with anything having to do with the government and money, there are cheats, scammers and scoundrels. Take Medicare and Medicaid, millions of dollars are scammed every year just by private ambulance companies who have "patient chasers". They hang out outside of hospitals and clinic, find patients who are on Medicare or Medicaid and offer them what amounts to a very expensive "taxi service", $300 to $400 a pop charged to the government.

I'm aware of all that, just telling you what the legal is. Given that are there those who take advantage... duh yup. Like with anything having to do with the government and money, there are cheats, scammers and scoundrels. Take Medicare and Medicaid, millions of dollars are scammed every year just by private ambulance companies who have "patient chasers". They hang out outside of hospitals and clinic, find patients who are on Medicare or Medicaid and offer them what amounts to a very expensive "taxi service", $300 to $400 a pop charged to the government.
and I wrote: It's only a legal argument that I disagree with. Giving tax breaks to religious groups actually opens the door, because it is NOT a hands off policy. Religious groups get tax breaks -- they also ASK for government funds and government has a duty and responsibilities to attach conditions to money given

and I wrote: It's only a legal argument that I disagree with. Giving tax breaks to religious groups actually opens the door, because it is NOT a hands off policy. Religious groups get tax breaks -- they also ASK for government funds and government has a duty and responsibilities to attach conditions to money given
Obviously two sides to every argument....... Funny how that works....... :D

Forum List

Back