Is This True?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Hey, I can't watch tv tonight, if this is true, will someone verify? :

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/7/27/101535.shtml

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 10:13 a.m. EDT
Networks Pull Plug on Teresa's Speech

The three major broadcast networks have pulled the plug on tonight's Democratic convention speech by Teresa Heinz Kerry - just two days after she went off the deep end by telling a report to "shove it" as TV cameras rolled.

ABC, NBC and CBS have decided to draw the curtain on Teresa's big night, canceling live coverage of tonight's proceedings altogether, as fears mount among Democrats that Heinz Kerry, a loose cannon who either bores audiences with her slow, monotonous drone or shocks them by talking about her Botox injections and other indelicate topics, will say something inappropriate.

Political campaign consultants tend to fear personalities like hers, notes USA Today, because they throw the campaign off-message.
That's exactly what happened Sunday night, when Teresa's "shove it" outburst took the spotlight away from her husband's trip to Fenway Park to throw out the first pitch.

And despite much-ballyhooed speeches Monday night by both Bill and Hillary Clinton, the most talked-about moment of the convention so far continues to be Teresa's temper tantrum.

"I don't think this is the time for quirky," said Terry Madonna, a political analyst at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pa., noting that while Heinz Kerry will still speak, she will read from a prepared text under strict instructions not to ad-lib.

Still, the pro-Kerry editors at the networks are playing it safe, just in case Teresa's temper flares again.

Drudge was reporting that only 3 hours of the DNC would be aired:the Clintons, Edwards, and Kerry. So this is probably just regular newsmax reporting in that it is wrong.

Only 3 hours of the DNC, holy :cow: , even Dan Rather was bored by the convention: :sleep:
Rather On Convention: Dullsville
BOSTON, July 27, 2004

(CBS) Now it’s official: This convention really is duller than those the parties held four years ago. Inside the hall, it’s scripted down to the nanosecond. Outside the hall, security is battened down tighter than the lug nuts on a ’55 Ford. Remember DNC 2000’s anti-globalism protestors and the Rage Against the Machine concert in the Staples Center parking lot? Nothing of that sort this time around — perhaps if they put an exercise wheel and a water bottle inside the so-called “protestor’s cage” (a.k.a. “Free-Speech Zone”)….
link

Break out the no doze :cof:

Teresa's speach so far is horrible.. I'm almost embarassed for her
that Obama dude, however, was an entire different story.. I'm sure u have or will hear

curious1 said:
Teresa's speach so far is horrible.. I'm almost embarassed for her
that Obama dude, however, was an entire different story.. I'm sure u have or will hear

Pitiful drivel from Teresa----- :puke:
good thing she's no on the biggies I guess.

New Topics

Forum List

Back