Is This the Most Effective Weapon Against Viral Infections? | Mercola.com

phoenyx

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2016
Canada
The following article was jus published today on Mercola.com, thought others may be interested in taking a look. Honestly, I don't think I'll be buying the supplies myself at this time, but if I start to feel pretty sick, I just might.
Analysis by Dr. Joseph MercolaFact Checked
April 04, 2021

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • Nebulized hydrogen peroxide is a safe, inexpensive and incredibly effective way to prevent and treat viral illnesses of all kinds
  • While hydrogen peroxide kills viruses, it also kills other pathogens that can contribute to an unhealthy gut and/or oral microbiome. As such, it may also improve your microbiome and help resolve a wide variety of other chronic ailments, including gut problems and periodontitis
  • Hydrogen peroxide is part of your body’s natural defense against pathogens. So, when you nebulize hydrogen peroxide, you’re really just augmenting your body’s natural defense system
  • Being able to treat yourself at home at the first signs of COVID-19 symptoms will also virtually eliminate your risk of long-haul syndrome. So far, medical doctors who have treated COVID-19 patients agree that if treatment begins early enough, patients almost always fully recover and have no longstanding side effects from the infection
  • Buy the required supplies before you need them, so you have everything and can treat yourself at the first signs of symptoms. Most of the time, after two or three treatments, the infection will be stopped in its tracks

Full article available upon creation of a free account here:

Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy: Benefits and Side Effects

Hydrogen peroxide (H202) is a potent natural remedy that treats a number of health ailments. H202 therapy has many benefits; it eliminates infection, reduces pain, detoxes the body and serves a variety of purposes inside and outside the home. It is no wonder that peroxide is considered a “wonder product!”
What Is Hydrogen Peroxide?
Hydrogen peroxide, or H202 as it is scientifically known, comes in a variety of forms. Depending on the concentration of the mixture, the liquid is considered for household use, food grade, or electrical uses. In whatever form, though, hydrogen peroxide is nothing more than oxygen and water combined in a unique ratio to form a germicidal liquid.

More specifically, hydrogen is a liquid comprised of two hydrogen atoms and two oxygen atoms, an arrangement that makes the substance highly reactive. Being so reactive, hydrogen peroxide functions as an oxidizing treatment, which is one reason it can be used in so many different ways.
Why Is H2O2 Such an Effective Remedy?
You can consider hydrogen peroxide one of the best household remedies available, second probably only to apple cider vinegar. Because it is made of just two natural elements, it safely and effectively treats health concerns. Much like ozone, H2O2 actually treats diseases and invasive organisms by oxidation.

When hydrogen peroxide is applied or taken as a remedy, it reacts with organic material and the substance breaks down into its elemental form – separate water and oxygen. This added oxygen in the system creates an environment in which most diseases cannot thrive or even live. This process of oxidation serves a fundamental purpose in restoring wellness and relieving illness.
How Can I Use Peroxide?
As an alternative treatment option, H2O2 serves as a disinfectant that sanitizes through oxidation as well, making it the world’s safest sanitizer. It also fights infection, eliminates toxins, cures bacteria and viruses, and neutralizes germs. With all of these properties, it can be utilized to treat a wide array of common illnesses. Some of the most common ways it is used is in treating sinus infections, cleansing wounds, eliminating parasites, reducing toothaches, detoxing the body, and treating cancer.
1. Sinus Infections
Used as a sinus infection treatment, hydrogen peroxide functions to eliminate the underlying infection. It clears the nasal passages and kills any existing germs to prevent further progression of the condition.
2. Wounds
One of the most common uses of H2O2 is as a wound sanitizer. When applied to a wound, the product reacts with the organic matter in the lesion and oxidizes to kill any germs and prevent infection.
3. Parasites
As in the other treatment forms, when taken internally, hydrogen peroxide adds oxygen to the body’s internal environment. This oxidized environment is one in which parasites cannot exist, so they are naturally eliminated from the body.
4. Toothaches
Hydrogen peroxide also serves as a mild anti-inflammatory, so it relieves pain associated with toothaches and other common conditions. It also treats eradicates any germs or infection that are causing the ache.
5. Detox

Eliminating any toxins in the body is an important step to overall wellness. Hydrogen peroxide can be used as a detoxification agent to eliminate several different forms of toxins.
6. Cancer
Cancer is one of the newest applications that has been discovered for hydrogen peroxide. In this case, it oxidizes the unhealthy cells to eliminate the cancer without harming the good healthy cells.

Hydrogen peroxide can be utilized in a number of ways. While external application is the most common form of treatment with hydrogen peroxide, the product can actually be used internally when in a diluted form. The best form of treatment for internal use is inhalation therapy.

The standard drinking dosage is 3-4 drops per 8 oz of distilled water. I'd start with 2 drops and go from there. Tap water may have some stuff in it that doesn't mesh well with H2O2.

My first reaction is "Don't be stupid"!!! My second is "April 1", my next is it's not April 1 any more!!! lmao

The following article was jus published today on Mercola.com, thought others may be interested in taking a look. Honestly, I don't think I'll be buying the supplies myself at this time, but if I start to feel pretty sick, I just might.
Analysis by Dr. Joseph MercolaFact Checked
April 04, 2021

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • Nebulized hydrogen peroxide is a safe, inexpensive and incredibly effective way to prevent and treat viral illnesses of all kinds
  • While hydrogen peroxide kills viruses, it also kills other pathogens that can contribute to an unhealthy gut and/or oral microbiome. As such, it may also improve your microbiome and help resolve a wide variety of other chronic ailments, including gut problems and periodontitis
  • Hydrogen peroxide is part of your body’s natural defense against pathogens. So, when you nebulize hydrogen peroxide, you’re really just augmenting your body’s natural defense system
  • Being able to treat yourself at home at the first signs of COVID-19 symptoms will also virtually eliminate your risk of long-haul syndrome. So far, medical doctors who have treated COVID-19 patients agree that if treatment begins early enough, patients almost always fully recover and have no longstanding side effects from the infection
  • Buy the required supplies before you need them, so you have everything and can treat yourself at the first signs of symptoms. Most of the time, after two or three treatments, the infection will be stopped in its tracks

Full article available upon creation of a free account here:

Beware anecdotal evidence and breathe SHALLOW!!

Frankly I don't think a good idea.

Greg

Verifying information is a simple process if one is concerned with any claims.

Plus many other studies, etc. on the benefits of using peroxide in the nebulizer and for sanitation

Hydrogen peroxide is effective against obligate-anaerobic bacteria, such as the bacteria that cause tetanus. Free oxygen is deadly poison to obligate anaerobes, and hydrogen peroxide breaks down releasing free oxygen.

There's no valid reason to assume that hydrogen peroxide is at all effecti8ve against any viruses, nor even against bacteria that are not obligate anaerobes.

In fact, the very fact that this Mercola kook recommends it is, if anything, good reason to doubt it even more than one otherwise would.

Abstract
The effect of H2O2 on adenovirus types 3 and 6, adenoassociated virus type 4, rhinoviruses 1A, 1B, and type 7, myxoviruses, influenza A and B, respiratory syncytial virus, strain Long, and coronavirus strain 229E was studied in vitro, using different H2O2 concentration and timec of exposure. H2O2 in a 3 percent concentration inactivated all the viruses under study within 1--30 min. Coronavirus and influenza viruses were found to be most sensitive. Reoviruses, adenoviruses and adenoassociated virus were relatively stable. H2O2 is a convenient means for virus inactivation.

Mercola is a well-know quackpot. Any advice from him is at least as likely to be harmful as beneficial.

I strongly disagree with you there, but feel free to present evidence for your case if you wish.

Quackwatch has an article on him that covers it pretty well.

The Wikipedia article on him covers it pretty well, too…

And here's an article pretty much debunking his bullshit claim about using hydrogen peroxide to prevent the #CoronasHoax virus…

Mercola is a well-know quackpot. Any advice from him is at least as likely to be harmful as beneficial.

I strongly disagree with you there, but feel free to present evidence for your case if you wish.

Quackwatch has an article on him that covers it pretty well.

I took a look at that first link, as I've definitely heard about Quackwatch before. I searched for the word "Illegal" in the link- I only found it twice. Here's the first time:
FDA Warnings
In 2005, the FDA ordered Mercola and his Optimal Wellness Center to stop making illegal claims for products sold through his Web site [24]. The claims to which the FDA objected involved three products:

• Living Fuel Rx, claimed to offer an “exceptional countermeasure” against cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, etc.
  • Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil, claimed to reduce the risk of heart disease and has beneficial effects against Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and many infectious agents
  • Chlorella, claimed to fight cancer and normalize blood pressure.

That was a long time ago, I couldn't find any info at Mercola.com concerning this.

However, I - did- find the following article, suggesting that the FDA has been known to over reach:

I think the following article also indicates that there is definitely a dark side to the FDA:

The second time I found the word illegal in your link is at the end of the document, in a pdf document, namely this one:
  1. CSPI and others. Illegal claims pertaining to Mercola Group products. July 2, 2020.

If you click on the PDF, you'll see various claims that CSPI claims are illegal to make. CSPI et al's attemps to get the FDA to send Dr. Mercola another warning letter did get the result they wanted. However, I think that Dr. Mercola's response to this was quite good. Here's their 'story at a glance' version of said response:
STORY AT-A-GLANCE
  • In the summer of 2020, the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) launched a social media campaign to put an end to Mercola.com. It now admits it pressured the FDA to issue me a warning letter to stop writing about nutritional products that can lower your risk of respiratory infections such as COVID-19
  • CSPI is a consumer advocacy group bankrolled by billionaires and their corporate ties to Monsanto, the Gates Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation, the Rockefeller Family Fund and Bloomberg Philanthropies
  • CSPI rails against published science demonstrating certain nutrients can boost your immune function and help lower your risk of severe infection, saying it discourages mask wearing, which has no published scientific evidence to back its universal use
  • CSPI has a history of promoting industry science and propaganda, having supported artificial sweeteners, trans fats, GMOs, fake meat and the low-fat myth. They’ve also actively undermined transparency in labeling efforts
  • We have fully addressed the warning letter, and put the FDA on notice that it cannot stop speech it does not like
Their full article can be seen upon creation of a free account here:

H2O2’s effects on adenovirus are a direct link to the Russian vaccine.

I use it for an antiseptic for cuts and other wounds on the outside of the body. Please all. do research before trying it any other way.

I use it for an antiseptic for cuts and other wounds on the outside of the body. Please all. do research before trying it any other way.

A lot of research has been presented in this thread, specifically in the OP and in the second post.

Wortld science has known for some years that respiratory illness would be surging in the future and that the most likely scenario was another influenza pandemic. They were wrong on influenza, though right on the pandemic.

Forum List

Back