Is this the best the GOP has to offer?

T

TheOne

Eugenics Backer Causes Stir in Tenn. Race
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: August 3, 2004

Filed at 2:02 p.m. ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Republican congressional candidate James L. Hart acknowledges that he is an ``intellectual outlaw.''

He is an unapologetic supporter of eugenics, the phony science that resulted in thousands of sterilizations in an attempt to purify the white race. He believes the country will look ``like one big Detroit'' if it doesn't eliminate welfare and immigration. He believes that if blacks were integrated centuries ago, the automobile never would have been invented.

He shows up at voters' homes wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying a gun, and tells them that ``white children deserve the same rights as everyone else.''

article

dilloduck said:
NO--the GOP has a lot better to offer and you know it. Are you able to post anything positive about Kerry? I'd love to hear it.

Well, for starters, the man has served his country his entire life. From fighting in foreign lands, to prosecuting criminals, to serving in the Senate. His devotion to public service has been selfless and he has earned the right to take the next step and lead this nation.

This guy's a lunatic. Everyone knows white children don't have the same rights. When applying to colleges with Affirmative Action programs, they are discriminated against based on their skin color.

Until the democratic party rids itself of Robert Byrd or Corrine Brown I would be quiet if I were you(theOne)

// "I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state .... The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia .... It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan in the Realm of W. Va .... I hope that you will find it convenient to answer my letter in regards to future possibilities." — Robert Byrd in letter to Klan Imperial Wizard Samuel Green of Atlanta, April 8, 1946

http://vikingphoenix.com/news/madminute/2002/mm2002-05.htm

TheOne said:
Well, for starters, the man has served his country his entire life. From fighting in foreign lands, to prosecuting criminals, to serving in the Senate. His devotion to public service has been selfless and he has earned the right to take the next step and lead this nation.

I would agree in part: He has the right to run for election to the presidency. I personally have fought in foriegn lands and "selflessy served". I do not feel that I have earned the right to be president nor do I feel it has earned Kerry the right to be president. I do kind of like the premise that one has to "selflessy serve" before they can hold office though. Imagine how could be done if that was the only requirement! Of course, then terms would be a lot shorter so that each selfless servant would have the opportunity to exsercise their right to lead this nation.

The point is, being the leader of this nation is not a "right". It is an elected office.

CSM said:
I would agree in part: He has the right to run for election to the presidency. I personally have fought in foriegn lands and "selflessy served". I do not feel that I have earned the right to be president nor do I feel it has earned Kerry the right to be president. I do kind of like the premise that one has to "selflessy serve" before they can hold office though. Imagine how could be done if that was the only requirement! Of course, then terms would be a lot shorter so that each selfless servant would have the opportunity to exsercise their right to lead this nation.

The point is, being the leader of this nation is not a "right". It is an elected office.

I was asked for positive info about Kerry...I complied.

Democrat4Bush said:
Until the democratic party rids itself of Robert Byrd or Corrine Brown I would be quiet if I were you(theOne)

Robert Byrd is not an active racist hate mongerer.

You partially complied. You have provided some generalized statements followed by an opinion...all of them positive, to be sure.

I question whether Kerry's service was all that "selfless", I question his service in the military (and yes I have that right...served myself, for a much longer period, and am more highly decorated than he, so dont go there!). I also question his service in the Senate.

TheOne said:

Thanks but what makes him more special than the thousands of others who have done that and even more. To get my vote he needs to tell me what he will do to improve on what Bush has done. Specifics!

dilloduck said:
Thanks but what makes him more special than the thousands of others who have done that and even more. To get my vote he needs to tell me what he will do to improve on what Bush has done. Specifics!

Wow. You are asking for alot of info. Bush has failed in so many areas. What area specifically are you interested in?

I guess I can start with National Security, since that is so important.

1) Rebuild tattered alliances. Kerry, as a fresh face, can reach out to more allies to help us win the war on terror. The US is strong, but the unique threat of terrorism requires allies all over the world.

2) Modernize our military. The US armed forces are constructed to deal with facing nation states and standing armies. Kerry wants to adapt the military to, not only deal with these traditional enemies, but strengthen our special forces and units specifically created to deal with terrorist enemies.

3) Expand the use of diplomacy and economic sanctions used in concert with military might. There are many tools in America's arsenal and the military is only one of them.

4) Work to free ourselves from dependence on Mideast oil by developing alternate fuel technologies that, are not only more efficient, but possibly more environmentally freindly.

TheOne said:
Wow. You are asking for alot of info. Bush has failed in so many areas. What area specifically are you interested in?

I guess I can start with National Security, since that is so important.

1) Rebuild tattered alliances. Kerry, as a fresh face, can reach out to more allies to help us win the war on terror. The US is strong, but the unique threat of terrorism requires allies all over the world.

2) Modernize our military. The US armed forces are constructed to deal with facing nation states and standing armies. Kerry wants to adapt the military to, not only deal with these traditional enemies, but strengthen our special forces and units specifically created to deal with terrorist enemies.

3) Expand the use of diplomacy and economic sanctions used in concert with military might. There are many tools in America's arsenal and the military is only one of them.

4) Work to free ourselves from dependence on Mideast oil by developing alternate fuel technologies that, are not only more efficient, but possibly more environmentally freindly.

Specifics mean HOW to do the above! No specifics, I read a good portion of that report found on his site, have you?

Kathianne said:
Specifics mean HOW to do the above! No specifics, I read a good portion of that report found on his site, have you?

That level of specificity is not required by me. I doubt you will find that level of specificity an any candidate's plans. I can't even find out what Bush's agenda is for the next term, much less the specificity for it.

Are you concerned that you don't even know what Bush has planned?

TheOne said:
That level of specificity is not required by me. I doubt you will find that level of specificity an any candidate's plans. I can't even find out what Bush's agenda is for the next term, much less the specificity for it.

you didn't look very hard. typical of the left.

President Bush's Agenda

TheOne said:

'I will go to the UN, make my case. My Sec'y of State will do the same. The UN will then decide what choice they will make.' That's specifics. That's what Kerry needs to do-but he doesn't KNOW what he wants to do, other than BEAT BUSH!

Kathianne said:
'I will go to the UN, make my case. My Sec'y of State will do the same. The UN will then decide what choice they will make.' That's specifics. That's what Kerry needs to do-but he doesn't KNOW what he wants to do, other than BEAT BUSH!
Kathianne - don't forget, Kerry has definite plans on how to solve ALL our woes, but he will not share them unless he gets elected.

HGROKIT said:
Kathianne - don't forget, Kerry has definite plans on how to solve ALL our woes, but he will not share them unless he gets elected.

yes, his super-secret Nixonian plan!

Forum List

Back