Is This Stupid Or What?

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
For the first time, I have a very personal complaint with my ship

i'm on duty this weekend for the light off (getting ready to go underway soon) and on the in port emergency team that responds to any kind of fire or flooding....

that said, i became very,very ill sat. afternoon; fever, nausea, runny nose, chills, etc etc

the ship will not give me any medicine at all for 24 hours, because we have a new rule because supposedly people were faking illnesses to get medicine. so i suffer... okay i'm supposed to be a man, that's cool (not really, i'm still a boy), i'll deal.

but we've had three fires in the last 12 or so hours. the first fire, i threw up in my firefighting ensemble with my mask on during the fire in the space where the fire was being fought.... yea, puke that you swallow back down tastes really good

so i go to the folks in charge at the behest of my team leader and i get told (with puke all over my face, shirt and boots) that i'm too ill to continue and i need to go to my rack

this i do... 3 or so hours later, "Fire, fire" and i've got some chief (e-7) coming to my rack, pulling me out of it, berating me for not being at the fire, and then freaking out when i puke all over him as soon as i got my bearings and realized i needed to hurl

alright, so this fucker drags me to see the command duty officer and wants me put on report for assault.... again,i have puke all over my socks and my shirt from the 2nd time around... the CDO looks at me and tells me i've been drunk on duty and i'm gonna pay dearly for it.....

an hour later, out in the freezing cold in the hangar bay, standing at attention in a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops, smelling like puke and feeling like i've got SARS, finally my team leader shows up and explains to this CDO and chief what's wrong with me

a couple hours later, security comes to my workcenter looking for me to take me to the brig for being drunk on duty and assaulting a chief... the ACDO (assistant command duty officer) filed the paperwork for me going to the brig a few minutes after i was cleared of the outrageous charges and sent back to my rack

what the fuck is wrong with the leadership on this boat?

Good gracious, Nato, talk about a bad day!! I hope it all gets straightened out and you start feeling better soon!!! Good Luck, sweets!

UsaPride said:
Good gracious, Nato, talk about a bad day!! I hope it all gets straightened out and you start feeling better soon!!! Good Luck, sweets!

thank you, sunday's been better thus far, now that the 24 hour no medicine issued period is over... pain is okay, nausea is not

UsaPride said:
Well, damn, puke on him again, you may be promoted :D

Are you feeling any better now??

nausea's gone, so yea somewhat.. i have a watch on the gate in a few hours and then i'll pass out till i have to work monday afternoon

have a good sunday

NATO AIR said:
For the first time, I have a very personal complaint with my ship

i'm on duty this weekend for the light off (getting ready to go underway soon) and on the in port emergency team that responds to any kind of fire or flooding....

that said, i became very,very ill sat. afternoon; fever, nausea, runny nose, chills, etc etc

the ship will not give me any medicine at all for 24 hours, because we have a new rule because supposedly people were faking illnesses to get medicine. so i suffer... okay i'm supposed to be a man, that's cool (not really, i'm still a boy), i'll deal.

but we've had three fires in the last 12 or so hours. the first fire, i threw up in my firefighting ensemble with my mask on during the fire in the space where the fire was being fought.... yea, puke that you swallow back down tastes really good

so i go to the folks in charge at the behest of my team leader and i get told (with puke all over my face, shirt and boots) that i'm too ill to continue and i need to go to my rack

this i do... 3 or so hours later, "Fire, fire" and i've got some chief (e-7) coming to my rack, pulling me out of it, berating me for not being at the fire, and then freaking out when i puke all over him as soon as i got my bearings and realized i needed to hurl

alright, so this fucker drags me to see the command duty officer and wants me put on report for assault.... again,i have puke all over my socks and my shirt from the 2nd time around... the CDO looks at me and tells me i've been drunk on duty and i'm gonna pay dearly for it.....

an hour later, out in the freezing cold in the hangar bay, standing at attention in a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops, smelling like puke and feeling like i've got SARS, finally my team leader shows up and explains to this CDO and chief what's wrong with me

a couple hours later, security comes to my workcenter looking for me to take me to the brig for being drunk on duty and assaulting a chief... the ACDO (assistant command duty officer) filed the paperwork for me going to the brig a few minutes after i was cleared of the outrageous charges and sent back to my rack

what the fuck is wrong with the leadership on this boat?

:rotflmao:
LOL. This sounds like standard Navy fare to me! If it was my Chief not only would I get it for throwing up on him, but for having a soiled uniform too. I am surprised it got cleared up before you spent some time in the Brig!

My oldest son did 6 in the Navy. He always says the leadership in the Navy is totally screwed up and after hearing MANY stories like yours, I have to agree.

CSM said:
My oldest son did 6 in the Navy. He always says the leadership in the Navy is totally screwed up and after hearing MANY stories like yours, I have to agree.

I blame my Army parents for this... they told me the leadership in the Navy was better than the Army or Marines... maybe they just got really disgruntled in the Clinton years or something and forgot how good the Army leadership was before that

NATO AIR said:
I blame my Army parents for this... they told me the leadership in the Navy was better than the Army or Marines... maybe they just got really disgruntled in the Clinton years or something and forgot how good the Army leadership was before that
Trust me...Army leadership aint that grand either!!!

JOKER96BRAVO said:

I worked on Purple Coat bases (Ones that have all four services). They are all basically the same with some special insanities saved for the Marines.

no1tovote4 said:
I worked on Purple Coat bases (Ones that have all four services). They are all basically the same with some special insanities saved for the Marines.

:laugh: (recalls Gunny Tomlinson at Iwakuni last year and his unique policy towards marines and college)

marines have the most hilarious leadership, those guys just tickle me to death as long as its not my liberty or working hours being changed in a bad way

NATO, as long as you are telling the truth (which I'm sure you are) then you have fulfilled your obligation. As to the Navy leadership... well, if you ever make team leader, you have a good example not to follow now!

JOKER96BRAVO said:

OOOOH REALLY???

Seriously, I have seen some pretty awful leadership out of all the services; I have also seen some pretty outstanding leadership in those same services. I have little patience with any senior leader who is more concerned for their own career than that of the health and welfare of their subordinates. Not that a leader should not be concerned with their own career, but it definitely should not take precedence over what is morally and/or ethically right.

Forum List

Back