Is this really the worst House since Truman?

We had pages and pages of discussion where I showed that changing a program is not the same as eliminating it. That ought to be obvious to anyone with 2 functioning brain cells. Which is why you are back repeating the same crapola like the discussion never happened.

Because the facts of the case remain the same. Under the proposal, Medicare will no longer be an insurance option for the elderly. No one (aside from those fortunate enough to be grandfathered into Medicare, assuming Ryan doesn't go after them next) will be able to use Medicare as their health insurance. Medicare will have ended. The "change" to Medicare is that the elderly would no longer have it, they would have to do what the rest of us do if we want health insurance: find a private plan--Aetna or Anthem or whoever--willing to sell it to us. Medicare will no longer exist.

At first I thought you were attempting to deceive others, but now I'm beginning to think that you've actually convinced yourself that there's a distinction between a law stipulating that henceforth (from some date) no one will have Medicare anymore and Medicare being eliminated. Astonishing.

What will the new program be called?
Oh yeah. It isn't a new program. It is the same program with market based reforms that the Left swears wont work, even though they always do.

There is not a single Republican plan that's been more than a failure for the last 12 years. Not the two wars. Not the tax breaks. Not anything.

They have no jobs bill. They say that government can't do anything to create jobs.

They say only cutting taxes will create jobs. .

The Fed and Job Creation

Unemployment continues to plague our economy. In spite of constant claims that we have just turned the corner into recovery, the jobs reports remain grim with no real signs of improvement. While Keynesian economists and big government apologists scratch their heads about persistent unemployment in spite of unprecedented government “investment” in the economy, free market economists understand the problem perfectly well. In short, they understand that we are looking to the Federal Reserve to solve an unemployment crisis that the Fed itself largely created.

Last edited:
They have no jobs bill. They say that government can't do anything to create jobs.

The Fed and Job Creation

Unemployment continues to plague our economy. In spite of constant claims that we have just turned the corner into recovery, the jobs reports remain grim with no real signs of improvement. While Keynesian economists and big government apologists scratch their heads about persistent unemployment in spite of unprecedented government “investment” in the economy, free market economists understand the problem perfectly well. In short, they understand that we are looking to the Federal Reserve to solve an unemployment crisis that the Fed itself largely created.

The "filibuster party" has meddled. The stimulus being nearly half tax cuts. The extended Bush tax breaks for mostly the wealthy. Obama being blackmailed into extending those tax breaks. The way Republicans passed TARP. The votes for drugs bill passed through reconciliation. Deregulating Wall Street and moving the mortgage market to Wall Street. They two mismanaged wars. These are the problems. With the GOP working to block improvement on anything, the problems will never be solved.

Very much a matter of YMMV. Personally, this is my opinion

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZtJWJe_K_w"]Our house is mighty fine house.[/ame]

The Fed and Job Creation

The "filibuster party" has meddled. The stimulus being nearly half tax cuts. The extended Bush tax breaks for mostly the wealthy. Obama being blackmailed into extending those tax breaks. The way Republicans passed TARP. The votes for drugs bill passed through reconciliation. Deregulating Wall Street and moving the mortgage market to Wall Street. They two mismanaged wars. These are the problems. With the GOP working to block improvement on anything, the problems will never be solved.

Look. my criticism is directed at both parties: the demopublicans.

I agree that Bush worsened the economic crisis by engaging in hugely expensive military incursions while simultaneously reducing tax revenues.

I've heard that repeated.

Republicans ran on Jobs Jobs Jobs. They have no jobs bill. They say that government can't do anything to create jobs.

They say only cutting taxes will create jobs. There were the Bush tax cuts. Then Obama extended the Bush tax cuts (otherwise millions of Americans would have lost their unemployment, he was right to take that Republican threat seriously), nearly half the stimulus package was tax cuts, the 12 largest companies don't pay anything in taxes and were even given billions. Oil companies are subsidized. Companies are sitting on trillions.

Have Republicans simply "given up" on any job creation? Is that why they are slashing education and going after teachers? Because they don't feel it's necessary since there won't be any jobs?

I'm just trying to figure out what their "plans" are for this country.

Considering all their bills are about "abortion" and "gay rights" and "immigration", I'm pretty sure they are trying to place the country on "lockdown". Is that it? That's the goal?

If it isn't, someone please explain what the goal is.

where did you hear that quip on trumans congress? from a spanger in berkeley? you and Wry frequent the same sidewalks on telegraph ave?

please don't pretend n you have a clue as to the 80th do noting congress..please.

now go ahead, hurry up and go read...:rolleyes:

Republicans ran on Jobs Jobs Jobs. They have no jobs bill. They say that government can't do anything to create jobs.

They say only cutting taxes will create jobs. There were the Bush tax cuts. Then Obama extended the Bush tax cuts (otherwise millions of Americans would have lost their unemployment, he was right to take that Republican threat seriously), nearly half the stimulus package was tax cuts, the 12 largest companies don't pay anything in taxes and were even given billions. Oil companies are subsidized. Companies are sitting on trillions.

Have Republicans simply "given up" on any job creation? Is that why they are slashing education and going after teachers? Because they don't feel it's necessary since there won't be any jobs?

Considering all their bills are about "abortion" and "gay rights" and "immigration", I'm pretty sure they are trying to place the country on "lockdown". Is that it? That's the goal?

You barking liberal reject's have had 5 years to turn this mess around and all you've managed to do it make it far worse and bankrupt our nation in the process. As far as I can see you really need to find a better meme.

Not certain, deanie...but I'm pretty certain this is the worst President since John Hanson.

Oh yeah. It isn't a new program. It is the same program with market based reforms that the Left swears wont work, even though they always do.

?

I didn't reference a new program in the post you responded to. In fact, I focused entirely on the fact that Medicare--public health insurance for the elderly--will no longer exist under the GOP proposal. Doesn't even seem like this is a disputed point anymore. As it shouldn't be, since that's the crux of the proposal.

You didnt reference a new program because there is none. It is Medicare. That hasn't changed. Merely changing the parameters is not eliminating the program.
No, Obama is eliminating the program, cutting $500B from it.

?

I didn't reference a new program in the post you responded to. In fact, I focused entirely on the fact that Medicare--public health insurance for the elderly--will no longer exist under the GOP proposal. Doesn't even seem like this is a disputed point anymore. As it shouldn't be, since that's the crux of the proposal.

You didnt reference a new program because there is none. It is Medicare. That hasn't changed. Merely changing the parameters is not eliminating the program.
No, Obama is eliminating the program, cutting $500B from it.

It's not a voucher program.

It becomes a voucher program.

Something is replaced with something else.

That doesn't make it the same.

The Fed and Job Creation

I agree that Bush worsened the economic crisis by engaging in hugely expensive military incursions while simultaneously reducing tax revenues.

And what exactly could Democrats have done different?

The Confederate Republican Conservative Party of Teabirthers can't stand having a black president. They want the nation to fail so he fails. The hate is that much.

why are you so racist Rdean? You sure do love pointing out the color of peoples skin.

And what exactly could Democrats have done different?

The Confederate Republican Conservative Party of Teabirthers can't stand having a black president. They want the nation to fail so he fails. The hate is that much.

when nothing else, bring up "they hate a Black President"..:lol::eusa_whistle:
stale, old, boring, but that won't stop them folks.

New Topics

Forum List

Back