Is this racist?

At best, it's a stupid and inaccurate generalization and depending on the context in which that phrase or statement is used, yes I think it can be a racist or bigoted statement.

Is it racist to say to your friend...Avoid that XYZ niegborhood because they're going to annouce the Zimmerman verdict tonight? It's not, and it's completly rational. You might think nothing would happen, but that doesn't mean the person who thinks something may happen is a racist.

I guess it would depend on the neighborhood. It's not like whites or ethnic whites are immune to group attacks. See Bensonhurst, see Howard Beach, see some towns on Long Island.........................

I don't ever have any plans to go out in Philly or Boston and celebrate a national championship in ANY sport. And, that would be mostly white people involved.

Hell, when Kansas won the national championship in 1988, a fat white asshole from Oklahoma stomped on my foot and broke two toes. I don't consider Okies inherently dangerous, though perhaps I should.

I just read the thread, where mudwistel said stay away from blacks and where they hang out in groups, if Zimmerman is found not guilty. There is nothing racist about that comment. I hope you liberals start hanging out where groups of black people frequent, if Zimmerman is found not guilty. I'm so sure you will too.

You really think Black people are just going to start beating up whites at random if Zimmerman is not guilty?:confused:

Is it racist to say to your friend...Avoid that XYZ niegborhood because they're going to annouce the Zimmerman verdict tonight? It's not, and it's completly rational. You might think nothing would happen, but that doesn't mean the person who thinks something may happen is a racist.

I guess it would depend on the neighborhood. It's not like whites or ethnic whites are immune to group attacks. See Bensonhurst, see Howard Beach, see some towns on Long Island.........................

I don't ever have any plans to go out in Philly or Boston and celebrate a national championship in ANY sport. And, that would be mostly white people involved.

Hell, when Kansas won the national championship in 1988, a fat white asshole from Oklahoma stomped on my foot and broke two toes. I don't consider Okies inherently dangerous, though perhaps I should.

You should have saw Vancouver after they lost the Hockey championship last year, and it was mainly whites there doing the rioting.

I just read the thread, where mudwistel said stay away from blacks and where they hang out in groups, if Zimmerman is found not guilty. There is nothing racist about that comment. I hope you liberals start hanging out where groups of black people frequent, if Zimmerman is found not guilty. I'm so sure you will too.

You really think Black people are just going to start beating up whites at random if Zimmerman is not guilty?:confused:

Some bad black people might. It's not like it's never happend before.

My dad told me not to go to the park to play ball basketball during the LA riots because he thought it might spread to NY. IMO he was being a good dad.

Did it even spread to other cities in the state of California? There's reasonable precautions, but that's just plain paranoia.

Never can be too safe.

I agree. I was ready for some dumb shit to flare up in New York after the LA Riots. I was ready for some dumb shit to flare up when the skinhead groups and neo nazis claimed that they were going to start a race war in 1995. I was at the ready when I went down to Florida after the abducted and burned that Black guy almost to death in 1993.
Jury in Florida Convicts 2 Whites Of Burning Black Brooklyn Man - New York Times

Yeah, I stay away from those sports "celebrations". :)

I like the Mets, Bills, and Knicks. Yep, don't get to do much celebrating :lol:.

Some bad black people might. It's not like it's never happend before.

See that's the key word I think some people are asking for.........."some". I think most reasonable people can go with "some" people of a certain group. I think a person would be an idiot or hypersensitive to not agree with that statement. There could be some idiots and criminals who are black that would use the Zimmerman verdict as an "excuse" to go out and fuck things or people up.

If he really believes that then that's pretty stupid.

However, would you be surprised if small pockets of rioting broke out, including one or two 'Reginald Denny' type beatings? I wouldn't, and if that makes me racist I guess I'll have to make my peace with that.

I like the Mets, Bills, and Knicks. Yep, don't get to do much celebrating :lol:.

LOL, been there, done that. Now I moved to Virginia a decade ago. I like the way you covered most regions in New york with your team preferences.

Just stay away from large groups of blacks, or stay away from where they're known to frequent.

I think it is. So is the repeated belief of many here that blacks will riot and kill if Zimmerman is found not guilty.

I invite Ravi to join me for cocktails at a popular hangout in the black section of town on the day the verdict is announced... :D

Just stay away from large groups of blacks, or stay away from where they're known to frequent.

I think it is. So is the repeated belief of many here that blacks will riot and kill if Zimmerman is found not guilty.

I invite Ravi to join me for cocktails at a popular hangout in the black section of town on the day the verdict is announced... :D

or any day :D

Did it even spread to other cities in the state of California? There's reasonable precautions, but that's just plain paranoia.

Never can be too safe.

I agree. I was ready for some dumb shit to flare up in New York after the LA Riots. I was ready for some dumb shit to flare up when the skinhead groups and neo nazis claimed that they were going to start a race war in 1995. I was at the ready when I went down to Florida after the abducted and burned that Black guy almost to death in 1993.
Jury in Florida Convicts 2 Whites Of Burning Black Brooklyn Man - New York Times

Did you wear your helmet and protective gear?

Some black people are already beating up random white people and there hasn't been a trial yet.

Some black people are already beating up random white people and there hasn't been a trial yet.

How do you know the white victims were randomly selected?

See, I ask because a while ago, when I was working in another city, Rob Van Winkle performed a hardcore show there. The attendees let him get through 3 songs before beating him senseless for making a mockery of their preferred musical genre. Was that beating random, or was it specific?

Maybe the white people were only as random as Vanilla Ice was.

Last edited:
Never can be too safe.

Did you wear your helmet and protective gear?

LOL, no. I just made sure that I was more aware and prepared. Bernie Goetz I am not. :)

However, would you be surprised if small pockets of rioting broke out, including one or two 'Reginald Denny' type beatings? I wouldn't, and if that makes me racist I guess I'll have to make my peace with that.

The biggest chance of that happening would probably be down in Sanford or the surrounding area itself.

The biggest chance of that happening would probably be down in Sanford or the surrounding area itself.

Actually, I consider it the most likely in Miami Gardens. Trayvon Martin was visiting Sanford, but he's actually from Dade County. People have a lot of emotions down there, not that I can really blame them. The entire situation is a tragedy, for everyone involved.

However, I think the odds of some white person being randomly targeted, even in Miami Gardens, just for being white are so miniscule as to be completely ridiculous.

Let me put it like this...your odds are considerably greater that you'll die in a car accident today. That doesn't keep you from driving, does it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back