Is this racist?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Just stay away from large groups of blacks, or stay away from where they're known to frequent.

I think it is. So is the repeated belief of many here that blacks will riot and kill if Zimmerman is found not guilty.

Just stay away from large groups of blacks, or stay away from where they're known to frequent.

I think it is. So is the repeated belief of many here that blacks will riot and kill if Zimmerman is found not guilty.

False!!!!

People like Al Sharpton and other race baiters faning the flams, it's not out of the realm of possibility some blacks will riot and maye harm Zimmerman as well.

False!!!!

People like Al Sharpton and other race baiters faning the flams, it's not out of the realm of possibility some blacks will riot and maye harm Zimmerman as well.
Personally, I think there is a reasonable possibility that it may happen.

But, that doesn't mean I will assume that a group of blacks is going to be dangerous.

False!!!!

But, that doesn't mean I will assume that a group of blacks is going to be dangerous.

I don't feel strongly that something like that would happen, but if someone does, would that mean that they are racist???? To me, not necessarily.

The comment itself sounds racist. The thought or belief there will be rioting should Zimmerman be found not guilty, there is historical precedent.

Until recently I would've said yes, that's absolutely racist. But a silver-tongued lady has nearly convinced me that it's merely buying into the stereotype that blacks are violent. :D

Is it more important that a statement be true or that it be PC (non-racist)?

it's not only not PC, it's not true.

how about statements in general ? Should the local law enforcement be criticized for not preparing for the possibilty ?

I reffering to the statement in it of itself.

I don't know what you mean by statement in general.

If there is a riot, and the police aren't prepared, then that is grounds for criticism.

it's not only not PC, it's not true.

how about statements in general ? Should the local law enforcement be criticized for not preparing for the possibilty ?

If there is a riot, and the police aren't prepared, then that is grounds for criticism.

One more time---Slowly

Is it more important for a statement to be true or politically correct ?

One more time---Slowly

Is it more important for a statement to be true or politically correct ?

depends on who you ask. Sadly it seems PC is more important, more often than not.

False!!!!

I don't feel strongly that something like that would happen, but if someone does, would that mean that they are racist???? To me, not necessarily.
In that case, I supposed I would have to agree. I know if there ever were widespread riots involving any certain group, temporary prudence would not necessarily be racist.

Why does everyone think Blacks are going to riot if Zimmerman is acquitted, or if Obama loses the election?:confused:

Why does everyone think Blacks are going to riot if Zimmerman is acquitted, or if Obama loses the election?:confused:
Good question.

Good question.

I am around Blacks all the time, I hear more talk about the upcoming NBA playoffs than I do about Zimmermans trial or the election, and I hear no talk of taking to the streets. :dunno:

Forum List

Back