Is this prostitution?

I still don't get it. People don't want it for their own daughter, but who the hell cares about other people's daughters?

I gotta run, will have to check more replies after this.

Once your daughter is of age, you have no say in what she does anyway.

If people of legal age freely choose to have consensual sex where money is exchanged, then it's nobody else's business.

I still don't get it. People don't want it for their own daughter, but who the hell cares about other people's daughters?

Your daughter does what she chooses in life. She is allowed to have sex with whoever she wants. She can date any loser/creep that she wants. Doesn't mean I like it, but doesn't mean I want her to go to jail for it either.

Prostitution is a consensual sex act between adults. I do not really care if money changes hands. Victimless crime

Receiving money when you give out sex to someone, yeppers, that's prostitution.
Giving another someone money, so they will have sex with you, yeppers again, that's prostitution, or....you just helped another commit prostitution.
I don't care how bad off a woman is, I don't think prostitution is the answer or the way out. I find it degrading and it's dangerous. I know a lot of people who have "fuck buddies"......but Jesus H, sex should be something that's an intimate part of your life, something you share with the one you love and care about.
Nu-uh.......I loathe this prostitution shit....they are whores, plain and simple.
And the very thought of just hopping into a bed with any ole gent, to romp with him, in order to receive money, makes me sick!
And giving oral...to someone you do not know???.....I'm off to hurl.

You sound like a moralist nester, which is ok. But a lot of women are not looking for a steady mate to give them everything, and are more aggressive and adventurous than males. Sex doesn't have to meet a criteria of set rules, unless you are feeling guilty of having sex, for whatever reason. Or maybe thinking sex & love have some wired connection. They don't.

Whatever.
But I know as a Mother, this is NOT something I would be proud to find my daughter involved in.

If people of legal age freely choose to have consensual sex where money is exchanged, then it's nobody else's business.

This is true...but I would never be proud of what she's doing. I would never brag on what she's doing. Hell, I wouldn't know how to address..."How's your job going??"
Yes when women become adults, they are free to do whatever the hell they want to with their bodies, but as parents, we are free as hell not to like it, and by God, I'd damn sure let my daughter know how I felt.

This is true...but I would never be proud of what she's doing. I would never brag on what she's doing. Hell, I wouldn't know how to address..."How's your job going??"
Yes when women become adults, they are free to do whatever the hell they want to with their bodies, but as parents, we are free as hell not to like it, and by God, I'd damn sure let my daughter know how I felt.

Your daughter can make many decisions in life that you do not approve of, She can hook up with a guy who is abusive or a bad influence. She can be a horrible mother

If you raised her right and she has good values and a strong self image she should make you proud. But in the end....you have to live with her decisions in life

C'mon, please! The only thing that's different in this case with most girls is the title prostitution and the amount of money received. Most girls learn fast at an early age how to manipulate men out of money or services before any sex is involved. From an early age they hear momma tell them to marry a rich doctor or a rich man. Than when they hit their teens and find out how desired sex is to males they use that to get what they want.

In my opinion a girl that marries for money, or one that uses a rich man or any man to get what she wants is a prostitute. The difference between a streetwalker and a girl like this is that the streetwalker knows what she is, and goes home to a place where the lease is in her name instead of a man's that's being used.

Last edited:

Your daughter can make many decisions in life that you do not approve of, She can hook up with a guy who is abusive or a bad influence. She can be a horrible mother

If you raised her right and she has good values and a strong self image she should make you proud. But in the end....you have to live with her decisions in life

Gee thanks :(
I have 1 daughter and 3 sons. My daughter hates my fucking guts, she tells me I was a lousy Mother. My sons never say that, but she wishes I would get into a car accident and die, that is the really truth.
My daughter made some decisions in her life, while she was in her late 20s, and it cost her dearly. She lost her children, she lost her home, she practically lost her life.
She was hanging with people of the wrong crowd and I tried everything I could to get her to stop. I begged her, I threatened to kick her ass, I fought with her...but nothing worked. She was set in her ways, she wanted her way of life, over what I thought was a better way. She has even tried to kill me.
I have custody of my daughter's daughter..I have had my granddaughter since she was 6 years old, she is now age 12. I like to think I have done a pretty good job with the granddaughter. You just do not know what hell her little life was, and if I didn't take custody of her, then she was headed to foster care.
I always blamed myself- for my daughter's life going to shit. And it eats at me, where did I go wrong?? For all 3 sons turned out great!! They love me and have much respect for me...but the one daughter, I don't know what happened.
I love her, very much, but we do not speak or see each other-ever. Well we never see each other, but she sometimes sends me a text, usually a line of "Go to hell".....But if she were to be involved in prostitution, yes it would bother me greatly. It's killing me seeing how she is living now.
Anyway, most people have told me it's not my fault how my daughter turned out. I can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves and so, I have tried to accept that she is going to live her life the way she wants, regardless of how I feel..and she's never going to get her children back, but she really doesn't seem to care.
I thought I did raise her right...I was always there. I loved her, cared for her, laughed with her, taught her what I should. And I actually have gotten to the point not long ago, where I am tired of her blaming me for the way her life turned out.
And now, here you are telling me........what my daughter has been telling me all along.
Why should I have to live with HER decisions for the rest of my life??
I shouldn't be having to raise a child all over again either, but I'm trying! My daughter has blamed for all the wrong shit in her life, she is 33 years old and still blames me for taking away her children and for her life being so crappy.
You know what....I am sick of hearing that from her, and I sure didn't need to see someone tell me here that whatever decisions my daughter makes in her life, are on me too.
I can't believe I just spilled my guts to a fucking message board...this is a touchy issue for me. You think I'm happy with the way my daughter's life has turned out?? Hell no! I would give anything to have it be better. But I can't do shit!

Last edited:

I have 1 daughter and 3 sons. My daughter hates my fucking guts, she tells me I was a lousy Mother. My sons never say that, but she wishes I would get into a car accident and die, that is the really truth.
My daughter made some decisions in her life, while she was in her late 20s, and it cost her dearly. She lost her children, she lost her home, she practically lost her life.
She was hanging with people of the wrong crowd and I tried everything I could to get her to stop. I begged her, I threatened to kick her ass, I fought with her...but nothing worked. She was set in her ways, she wanted her way of life, over what I thought was a better way. She has even tried to kill me.
I have custody of my daughter's daughter..I have had my granddaughter since she was 6 years old, she is now age 12. I like to think I have done a pretty good job with the granddaughter. You just do not know what hell her little life was, and if I didn't take custody of her, then she was headed to foster care.
I always blamed myself- for my daughter's life going to shit. And it eats at me, where did I go wrong?? For all 3 sons turned out great!! They love me and have much respect for me...but the one daughter, I don't know what happened.
I love her, very much, but we do not speak or see each other-ever. Well we never see each other, but she sometimes sends me a text, usually a line of "Go to hell".....But if she were to be involved in prostitution, yes it would bother me greatly. It's killing me seeing how she is living now.
Anyway, most people have told me it's not my fault how my daughter turned out. I can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves and so, I have tried to accept that she is going to live her life the way she wants, regardless of how I feel..and she's never going to get her children back, but she really doesn't seem to care.
I thought I did raise her right...I was always there. I loved her, cared for her, laughed with her, taught her what I should. And I actually have gotten to the point not long ago, where I am tired of her blaming me for the way her life turned out.
And now, here you are telling me........what my daughter has been telling me all along.
I shouldn't be having to raise a child all over again either, but I'm trying! My daughter has blamed for all the wrong shit in her life, she is 33 years old and still blames me for taking away her children and for her life being so crappy.
You know what....I am sick of hearing that from her, and I sure didn't need to see someone tell me here that whatever decisions my daughter makes in her life, are on me too.
I can't believe I just spilled my guts to a fucking message board...this is a touchy issue for me. You think I'm happy with the way my daughter's life has turned out?? Hell no! I would give anything to have it be better. But I can't do shit!

Hey Dabs I first want to say to you that I have always enjoyed your post since I have join USMB. They are always insightful and well thought out.

You can't blame yourself for anything one of your kids do especially when they are grown. All we as parents can do is try to instill character, morals, and values into them as they come up, and hopefully they will make the right decisions throughout their lives. I was raised in a very traditional home and had the best folks anyone can have, but I sure did make alot of mistakes and chose the wrong path when I was younger. I don't blame any of that on my parents.

You sound like a good person and a great mom. I hope in time all of this works out for you and your daughter.

Is this prostitution?

Yes, it is quid pro quo capitalism.

I have no problem with people who fornicate for money because I KNOW they're working for it.

If you are referring to the gal that fucks and sucks to pay off bills, You are delusional. For her it wasn't a business it was a necessity and will stop after the bills are paid.
That's not capitalism. Although I must admit it was a cowardly way out. Who ever she may be will have to live with herself for ever knowing she sold herself out.
nor is it in any way equal to quid pro quo.............

Blues

Last edited:

Dabs, You had a lot of competition.. friends at school, TV, Radio, Teachers.. Its not uncommon these days for kids to be fuck ups.

i worked my waty through college, and kept my loans low. The high interest rates is the main killer on loans. When I got my first loan of 400 dollars in 1980 it was at a 2% interest rate(avereage bank rate then was 30%), my last loan of 2k in 1997 was at 10%(bank interests at 5%). Why do we not give the kids breaks and stop charging so much interest on the loans?

Because college needs to remain a dividing line between the haves and have nots?

No, because not everyone can or should do the academic work necessary for an undiluted college degree. Not everyone should go to college, even if they have the financial means to go without borrowing the money. That's not a desire to keep anyone down, U.S.; hell, many skilled tradesmen earn more than a lot of college graduates do-I can show you more mechanics than English majors making $75 an hour. Besides, we need to get rid of the notion that everyone should go to college for four years just to get their ticket to the good life punched. That not only isn't true; the real object of an undergraduate degree should be a well-rounded education, and preparation for a graduate or professional degree. We are not helping students, would-be students or society as a whole by pretending otherwise, all we are doing, is raising false expectations, AND diluting the quality of a degree and the education that goes with it. Those not intellectually or temperamentally disposed to academic rigor, are better served by a two-year technical degree, or simply learning a trade, and that's just being realistic about it.

You know what, Dabs? Your daughter is an adult, and if she hasn't grown up by age 33, well, her fucked up life is not your fault. By that age, she has made enough decisions on her own to own the entire result, for better or worse. That means ALL of it!.

As a parent, you can teach all the right lessons, and all the right values. You can't make any child absorb and actually use those lessons. Someday, they have to go out in the big, bad world, and make decisions for themselves. That's what being a functioning adult, as opposed to a child, is all about. If they swim, great; if they sink, well, they did it to themselves, and have no one else to blame, including you. Tell your daughter, that she, and only she, owns the results of her decisions. Tell her to grow the fuck up. If she doesn't like that, let it go, just...LET IT GO!

You know what, Dabs? Your daughter is an adult, and if she hasn't grown up by age 33, well, her fucked up life is not your fault. By that age, she has made enough decisions on her own to own the entire result, for better or worse. That means ALL of it!.

As a parent, you can teach all the right lessons, and all the right values. You can't make any child absorb and actually use those lessons. Someday, they have to go out in the big, bad world, and make decisions for themselves. That's what being a functioning adult, as opposed to a child, is all about. If they swim, great; if they sink, well, they did it to themselves, and have no one else to blame, including you. Tell your daughter, that she, and only she, owns the results of her decisions. Tell her to grow the fuck up. If she doesn't like that, let it go, just...LET IT GO!

I do tell her it's her choices, and I do try and let it go.
I do fine most times, till I get another message from her, telling me she hopes I hurry and die...or somebody tells me I was a fuck up as a Mother, thus why she is where she is now.
I'm her Mother, I'm always gonna worry about her tho, kwim??
It's just a messed up situation.......but one I try and keep the granddaughter out of.
Thanks for your comments :)

Strictly speaking, there is an exchange of sex for money so yes, it's prostitution. I'm sad that these women have so little regard for themselves that they would hire their bodies out to strangers in this manner. I think prostitution is a dangerous, degrading "profession", and I pity the women who indulge in it, no matter their reasoning. I should add that legally this is probably not actionable as prostitution. If it was, cops would be arresting mistresses of wealthy men who provide them with clothes, jewelry and fancy condos!

That said, I don't believe prostitution should be illegal. Two consenting adults, one seeking a service for money, the other providing a service for money, shouldn't be against the law. It's a victimless contractual agreement... except when the law criminalizes it, which makes both parties victims of the law.

Last edited:
Better question: How is pornography not prostitution? It's illegal to pay someone for sex, but legal if you film it?

Children are individuals. Four children raised in exactly the same environment can establish four unique sets of values, which the parents may or may not approve of. Parents can teach values, but adult children are free to ignore those values and substitute their own.

None of your daughter's decisions are your fault. None. Of. Them. That you are trying to give your grandchildren a better life than their mother did speaks volumes about the stoic and courageous person you are. Your daughter "hates" you because she cannot admit that the person she truly hates is herself. She is a "blamer." No matter what she does, her behavior is always somebody else's fault. That is completely out of your control, hon. Completely.

I have seen kids grow up and turn on their parents', frequently because of drugs, alcohol, or having gotten ensnared in a truly rotten lifestyle filled with truly rotten people. That is not and never has been your fault. It has always been her choice, a choice she made freely, as an adult, and for which she is too selfish, too narcisstic to take responsibility.

I know you love your daughter, and this must rip your guts out, but you cannot help her unless and until she acknowledges her own responsibility and asks for help. Until then, do what you can for your grandchildren in whatever capacity you are able, and hold your head high. You are a good person. Hang in there.

Dabs

Sorry if I triggered the wrong reaction, that was not my intent. I respect what you are doing for your granddaughter. I know several families who have had to step up and take responsibility for their childrens mistakes
Please don't think you were a bad mother. At a certain point, kids are responsible for their own decisions. Your daughter seems like a troubled soul and you are her scapegoat for her own shortcomings
I hope your daughter someday appreciates what you have done for her. She may never reach that point, but that is her loss. In the mean time, love your granddaughter to death....she needs you

Dabs

Sorry if I triggered the wrong reaction, that was not my intent. I respect what you are doing for your granddaughter. I know several families who have had to step up and take responsibility for their childrens mistakes
Please don't think you were a bad mother. At a certain point, kids are responsible for their own decisions. Your daughter seems like a troubled soul and you are her scapegoat for her own shortcomings
I hope your daughter someday appreciates what you have done for her. She may never reach that point, but that is her loss. In the mean time, love your granddaughter to death....she needs you

I am sorry if I sounded so hostile. That wasn't my intentions either, but my fingers got to typing faster than I could get my words thought out!
I appreciate your words, and the granddaughter is doing great in school, very well mannered, growing up fast and tells me she never wants to see her Mommy again.
She's a good young lady....I'm doing the best I can....I hope I can do better than I did with her Mom.

Dabs

I am sorry if I sounded so hostile. That wasn't my intentions either, but my fingers got to typing faster than I could get my words thought out!
I appreciate your words, and the granddaughter is doing great in school, very well mannered, growing up fast and tells me she never wants to see her Mommy again.
She's a good young lady....I'm doing the best I can....I hope I can do better than I did with her Mom.

Bless you

Forum List

Back