Is this Pork?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The Spanish flu epidemic killed 40 million people in 1918.

Our medications stockpile for this event is too small.

How do medications get made?

How many jobs would be created to fill the need?

Lame argument. Our nuclear weapons stockpile is too small.

How do nuclear arms get made?

North Korea's got nukes and Iran's working their asses off to have them. We must be prepared, you know.

Our medications stockpile for this event is too small.

How do medications get made?

Lame argument. Our nuclear weapons stockpile is too small.

How do nuclear arms get made?

North Korea's got nukes and Iran's working their asses off to have them. We must be prepared, you know.

Our nuclear weapons stockpile is too small?

You are joking, right?

Funny innit? these DUmmies won't do a damn thing to stop the terrorists from killing us by the millions but they want to spend good money in case we get the snifflles.. :cuckoo:

Who will ship those meds?

can you say jobs

Good point. Plus the jobs to manufacture, package, test, distribute etc. Sounds like as good a thing to spend stimulus $$ on as anything else.

:lol:

Y'all are such suckers for anything. TM throws it against the wall and you try to keep it from sliding to the floor.

Such teamwork.:clap2:

House and Senate plans, Obey and his allies succeeded in securing $50 million for improving information systems at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

But state and local governments, and the emergency services that would necessarily be on the frontlines in any effort to contain a pandemic, got nothing.

I'm not sure what the fuss was about, only a tiny portion got in the final bill after it was compromised to get Republican support.

But if there's an outbreak of swine flu I'll be looking for posts from you guys blaming the Obama administration for not being prepared enough.

Who will ship those meds? The same people that ship damn near everything else you idiot.

Drugs are made by those big bad pharmeceutical companies that your side wants to tax to death or put out of business for the crime of making enough money to stay in business. The process is highly automated.

Truth you idiot there is no reason in general to stock pile flue vaccines from one year to the next as the damn virus mutates like gang busters and a new vaccine specific to that variety flu has to be made from scratch each and every flu season this is a routine proceedure requiring no additional expenditure.

Ass for how much of 900million is pork I don't know without looking at the bill but given the propensities of your Democratic party stick favors for the favorite groups into any piece of legislation they want regardless of whether it has anything to do with the stated objective of that bill -nevermind that this non germane legislation is against the rules of both the house and senate - I'd be more than a little surprised if it isn't atleast 60 to 80% pork.

Forum List

Back