Is this Pork?

No one said there was.

This preparedness is not just for swine flu its for all possible pandemics.

Why do you always think so small?

So we will hire a bunch of people to stand around and wait for a pandemic so they can jump in their trucks to deliver drugs that don't exist for a disease yet to be realized?

Yup - that sounds like sound business practice there.

I am quite serious TM - you less than a joke in here. You spout absolute nonsense and do it with the earnestness of the certifiable.

Go get help.

No one said there was.

So we will hire a bunch of people to stand around and wait for a pandemic so they can jump in their trucks to deliver drugs that don't exist for a disease yet to be realized?

I am quite serious TM - you less than a joke in here. You spout absolute nonsense and do it with the earnestness of the certifiable.

Go get help.

"here" is in your mind fella.

Why do you insist on remaining so completetly uninformed?

In the event of a pandemic there has to be certain meds in place all arround the US to keep it from spreading.

No one is payed to "stand arround".

Jesus you are fucking stupid.

No one said there was.

Go get help.

"here" is in my mind fella.

Why do I insist on remaining so completetly uninformed?

In the event of a pandemic there has to be certain meds in place all arround the US to keep it from spreading.

No one is payed to "stand arround".

Jesus I am fucking stupid.

fixed, except for the really stupid parts. you can't fix stupid.

If your not a Liberal in your 20's than you have no heart, If your not a Conservative in your 40's than you have no brain. Churchill 1930's

Churchill never said that...

To start off with, What does that have to do with this thread?????????? Second prove it, all you gave was a little site that said this.....

Conservative by the time you're 35"
"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain." There is no record of anyone hearing Churchill say this. Paul Addison of Edinburgh University makes this comment: "Surely Churchill can't have used the words attributed to him. He'd been a Conservative at 15 and a Liberal at 35! And would he have talked so disrespectfully of Clemmie, who is generally thought to have been a lifelong Liberal?"

Doesn't say that he never said it just what ONE person believes........

The site I gave is is not just a "site":

inner_header_graphic.jpg

header_34.jpg

Quotes Falsely Attributed To Him

wscglowering.gif

These quotes make for good story-telling but popular myth has falsely attributed them to Churchill.

"Conservative by the time you're 35"

"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain." There is no record of anyone hearing Churchill say this. Paul Addison of Edinburgh University makes this comment: "Surely Churchill can't have used the words attributed to him. He'd been a Conservative at 15 and a Liberal at 35! And would he have talked so disrespectfully of Clemmie, who is generally thought to have been a lifelong Liberal?"

Paul Addison is director of the centre for second world war studies at the University of Edinburgh. He is a former visiting fellow of All Souls College, Oxford, and the author of Churchill: The Unexpected Hero recently published by Oxford University Press.

Paul Addison teaches history at the University of Edinburgh. An authority on modern British history, he is the author of Churchill on the Home Front and The Road to 1945: British Politics and the Second World War.

Paul Addison's top 10 books on Churchill

I'm SURE Paul Addison knows a little more about the man than you...

But, I'm sure it won't stop you from falsely quoting it on every post...

SO...

"ALL right wingers are pea brains"
Ronald Reagan

Is funding this a bad thing?

tell me exactly why you feel its a waste of money?

No one said there was.

Go get help.

I could not have said it any better...

The worse part is that this is the level of inefficiency and bullshit they want all areas of government to run at

TM hit a new level of stupidity that even she did not hit before... so glad I have this dolt on the ignore list

Think it through in a logical manner.

These meds have to be in the areas that the flu could spread, they have expiration dates.

This would be an ongoing maufacturing and shipping endevor.

EVERY town in the nation has to have a stockpile.

UPS and all other shippers would have to hire more peopel than they have now if this started. They could not do it with the employees they currently have.

If you dont know that then you dont know business.

so more money to the pharmaceutical companies ..... and i dare say ups and fed x have excess capacity do to the downturn....

the us has 300 million people.....40 have the flu.....

These meds have to be in the areas that the flu could spread, they have expiration dates.

UPS and all other shippers would have to hire more peopel than they have now if this started. They could not do it with the employees they currently have.

so more money to the pharmaceutical companies ..... and i dare say ups and fed x have excess capacity do to the downturn....

Therefore a flu pandemic can't happen and it is silly to prepare for it?

Therefore a flu pandemic can't happen and it is silly to prepare for it?

possible vs probable.....to claim the us is unprepared is a bit of chicken little....

the us has 300 million people.....40 have the flu.....[/QUOTE]

:clap2:

No one said there was.

You know, I think Truth is on to something here. We better start putting as much money toward asteroid research as possible. We have to prepare for the possiblity that a big one might hit Earth. I think we should spend at least $1 trillion per year, considering the massive destruction a direct hit would cause. There is nothing better than being prepared for the worst.

TM has been destroyed - utterly destroyed.

...And by their own words no less!

Is funding this a bad thing?

tell me exactly why you feel its a waste of money?

Spending the money now, considering the potential damage this outbreak could cause, is not a bad thing. I don't believe anyone here said that it was a bad thing. What we said is that it didn't belong in the stimulus package, especially at the time when there was no threat of an imminent outbreak.

Your argument that it would create jobs is BS. It will line the pockets of a very few, and it might put a couple extra people to work. It won't create a lot of new jobs, and that is why it didn't belong as part of the stimulus package.

come on....

Swine Flu Cases in U.S. Double to 40, WHO Reports (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

April 27 (Bloomberg) -- The swine flu outbreak in the U.S. has grown to 40 confirmed cases, the World Health Organization said today.

The Geneva-based agency gave the new figures, up from 20 confirmed yesterday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in a conference call.

The number of confirmed cases in Mexico is 26, said WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl on the call. Six cases have been confirmed in Canada, and one has been confirmed in Spain.

so that is 40+26+6+1....73 people....and it is the end of the world.....

Last edited:
come on....

Swine Flu Cases in U.S. Double to 40, WHO Reports (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

April 27 (Bloomberg) -- The swine flu outbreak in the U.S. has grown to 40 confirmed cases, the World Health Organization said today.

The Geneva-based agency gave the new figures, up from 20 confirmed yesterday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in a conference call.

The number of confirmed cases in Mexico is 26, said WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl on the call. Six cases have been confirmed in Canada, and one has been confirmed in Spain.

so that is 40+26+6+1....73 people....and it the end of the world.....

only increased hiring by fedex can save us now!

Forum List

Back