Is this like catch 22

Iowa10000

Rookie
Nov 1, 2010
I have 53 earmarks in this bill and since i have agreed to not vote for ear marks I will now vote against the very same bill. But senator can't you ask for your ear marks to be removed? No I will vote against this bill because it has ear marks.(read the book catch 22)

The truth is we send congressmen to washington to represent your state as I see it. Now if they can't do things for the people of their state by proposing what they would like, then why don't we just not have people elected from each state and just make this country one big state and elect just one set of congressmen from though out the country. Since your not allowed to fight for your people then why vote state by state.

Republicans are one phoney bunch of un american congressmen. They will sell the country down the drain just to get what they want, and that is usually one thing or the other. 1-bring Obama down 2-provide for their big donners.

I have 53 earmarks in this bill and since i have agreed to not vote for ear marks I will now vote against the very same bill. But senator can't you ask for your ear marks to be removed? No I will vote against this bill because it has ear marks.(read the book catch 22)

The truth is we send congressmen to washington to represent your state as I see it. Now if they can't do things for the people of their state by proposing what they would like, then why don't we just not have people elected from each state and just make this country one big state and elect just one set of congressmen from though out the country. Since your not allowed to fight for your people then why vote state by state.

Republicans are one phoney bunch of un american congressmen. They will sell the country down the drain just to get what they want, and that is usually one thing or the other. 1-bring Obama down 2-provide for their big donners.

No. It is similar but different. If you were a WWII pilot and were too crazy to continue flying, you could apply for a medical out, but, by applying for the medical out you are acting rationally, which disqualifies you from the out. So as long as you are crazy and don't know it, you qualify, as soon as you figure out that you are eligible, you are disqualified.

The Social Security Lock Box may however qualify as a true Catch-22. As soon as we go to use it, we will discover a Catch-22. :lol:

No. It is similar but different. If you were a WWII pilot and were too crazy to continue flying, you could apply for a medical out, but, by applying for the medical out you are acting rationally, which disqualifies you from the out. So as long as you are crazy and don't know it, you qualify, as soon as you figure out that you are eligible, you are disqualified.

The Social Security Lock Box may however qualify as a true Catch-22. As soon as we go to use it, we will discover a Catch-22. :lol:

I knew I recognized you Yossarian!

Michelle Bachmann had the best idea (as GOP ideas go)

...get rid of earmarks by giving them a different name.

There's a HUGE difference between sending a state rep to congress and milking the rest of the country for money.

We don't send them there just to take care of our states, we can take care of our own instead of sucking on the Fed gov teet.

The original idea was for them to protect our intrest (assuming I recall history class), and not force our intrest on others.

Guess again??? Who sent Yossarian the Post Card from Switzerland??? Who kept trying to get Yossarian to fly with him??? Who knew how to crash land a plane better than any other pilot in open water, through practice??? :lol:

Orr is a fictional character in the classic novel Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. Orr is a bomber pilot in the squadron who is continually being shot down and having to crash land in the sea. Described as "a warm-hearted, simple-minded gnome", Orr is the only person in the Group considered to be crazier than his good friend Yossarian, with whom he shares a tent.

Forum List

Back