Is this Judge Overboard?

Trigg said:
See now...you could have warned people the judge in question is your wife. What if everyone had disagreed and said the sentence she handed down was nuts and how could she be so wrong??? Maybe a little warning next time...? :)

If this happends again can the dogs be removed from the man? Pit bulls arn't allowed inside the city limits of Detroit.
Sorry Trigg I didn’t want to inject any bias into the thread at the onset.
I wanted open honest answers. As far as what happens if the situation is repeated, I don’t know. The article didn’t say and I didn’t ask my wife. I’ll ask if you’d like to know.

Mr. P said:
Sorry Trigg I didn’t want to inject any bias into the thread at the onset.
I wanted open honest answers. As far as what happens if the situation is repeated, I don’t know. The article didn’t say and I didn’t ask my wife. I’ll ask if you’d like to know.

My kids were watching the Discovery Channel Animal Cops in Detroit. They stated when pit bulls are found in the city they are removed. I'm fairly sure they even said that since they won't adopt the dogs they are put down if no other shelter outside the city will take them.

I know if I lived by this man I would want the dogs removed if they were able to escape again especially since he's trained them to attack. If your wife doesn't mind looking it up, it would be interresting to know the outcome if it happened again.

Trigg said:
My kids were watching the Discovery Channel Animal Cops in Detroit. They stated when pit bulls are found in the city they are removed. I'm fairly sure they even said that since they won't adopt the dogs they are put down if no other shelter outside the city will take them.

I know if I lived by this man I would want the dogs removed if they were able to escape again especially since he's trained them to attack. If your wife doesn't mind looking it up, it would be interresting to know the outcome if it happened again.
She's out of town until Friday night, I ask her when I speak to her next, maybe tonight.

does your wife fine ya when ya burn the Chop's? or spill the wine? :wine:

archangel said:
does your wife fine ya when ya burn the Chop's? or spill the wine? :wine:
Let me put it this way Arch. If I were ever arrested, I'd sit in jail for a long time
before I'd get a bond hearing. :(

PS..I don't BURN stuff! ;)

Why couldn't they charge him with reckless endangerment? If you train dogs to attack people you must insure that they will not be allowed to attack innocents because of your own recklessness.

I have no issue with this fine. Though I will say not all Pit Bulls are dangerous, it all depends on the owner. I have two friends who have Pit Bulls that are very friendly and not dangerous. I have a customer who has a Pit Bull that is vicious (then again, so is my customer).

If this guy is training his Pit Bulls to attack and then isn't restraining them properly, he should be prosecuted for reckless endangerment.

acludem

Mr. P said:
Well, they were bread to be killers.
yeah he even admits that. so thats jsut one more reason not to have those dogs in a residential area. and have your fence mended. his tupid mistake could have cost someone he cant replace.

Trigg said:
... If your wife doesn't mind looking it up, it would be interresting to know the outcome if it happened again.
Talked briefly to the Judge/wife same thing right?LOL. Anyway she said, if this guy comes before her for the same charge again, he will most likely spend 30 days in jail.

acludem said:
I have no issue with this fine. Though I will say not all Pit Bulls are dangerous, it all depends on the owner. I have two friends who have Pit Bulls that are very friendly and not dangerous. I have a customer who has a Pit Bull that is vicious (then again, so is my customer).

If this guy is training his Pit Bulls to attack and then isn't restraining them properly, he should be prosecuted for reckless endangerment.

acludem

Yes, a grand fine is light considering that prosecutors are now going after dog owners on more serious criminal charges when the dogs do attack and kill. I think there was a big case in California where a woman was killed by an attack dog, and the owner was charged with reckless murder. The risk isn't that slight: Pits and other dogs like it have attacked and very seriously injured children. My old office defended a case where a group of pit bulls pretty much tore the face off an elderly man. The photos would have made you sick.

Forum List

Back