Is This Interesting To You?

Nope. Love it here. Just think we need a bigger government.

How about you? Gonna whine and cry about the size of our government when it is actually smaller than most?

We agree on that. Let's see if we can agree on who to copy.

For health care outcomes?
For educational achievement?
For economic mobility?

What say you, dummy?

It is to me. Big government my ass.

of course as a liberal you will be slow, very slow.

1) we don't have a national government, we have a federal government so for an accurate comparison you must add
state and local spending

2) your numbers would make the case that small government is good since the USA is low in spending but highest in terms of income.
Sorry.

1) we don't have a national government, we have a federal government so for an accurate comparison you must add
state and local spending

2) your numbers would make the case that small government is good since the USA is low in spending but highest in terms of income.
Sorry.

Nope.

state and local spending

Sorry.

Nope.

translation: I'm a dope and don't dare debate

For economic mobility?

What say you, dummy?

It's actually best to copy the world's policeman who also happens to hold 80% of all the new medical patents in the world.

For economic mobility?

What say you, dummy?

It's actually best to copy the world's policeman who also happens to hold 80% of all the new medical patents in the world.

Oh? You have big numbers. How about citing the ones that have to do with health outcomes?

We do not lead the world in much anymore. Your "USA #1" foam finger is gathering dust.

For economic mobility?

What say you, dummy?

Oh? You have big numbers. How about citing the ones that have to do with health outcomes?

We do not lead the world in much anymore. Your "USA #1" foam finger is gathering dust.

Forbes:If you really want to measure health outcomes, the best way to do it is at the point of medical intervention. If you have a heart attack, how long do you live in the U.S. vs. another country? If you’re diagnosed with breast cancer? In 2008, a group of investigators conducted a worldwide study of cancer survival rates, called CONCORD. They looked at 5-year survival rates for breast cancer, colon and rectal cancer, and prostate cancer. I compiled their data for the U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan, and western Europe. Guess who came out number one?

U-S-A! U-S-A! What’s just as interesting is that Japan, the country that tops the overall life expectancy tables, finished in the middle of the pack on cancer survival.

Car accidents and homicides don’t tell us much about health care quality Avik Roy, Contributor
Another point worth making is that people die for other reasons than health. For example, people die because of car accidents and violent crime. A few years back, Robert Ohsfeldt of Texas A&M and John Schneider of the University of Iowa asked the obvious question: what happens if you remove deaths from fatal injuries from the life expectancy tables? Among the 29 members of the OECD, the U.S. vaults from 19th place to…you guessed it…first. Japan, on the same adjustment, drops from first to ninth.

It’s great that the Japanese eat more sushi than we do, and that they settle their arguments more peaceably. But these things don’t have anything to do with socialized medicine

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow???

Bullshit.

Your claim on cancer survival rates is not supported by findings of the CONCORD study. Try again.

Last edited:

Forbes:If you really want to measure health outcomes, the best way to do it is at the point of medical intervention. If you have a heart attack, how long do you live in the U.S. vs. another country? If you’re diagnosed with breast cancer? In 2008, a group of investigators conducted a worldwide study of cancer survival rates, called CONCORD. They looked at 5-year survival rates for breast cancer, colon and rectal cancer, and prostate cancer. I compiled their data for the U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan, and western Europe. Guess who came out number one?

U-S-A! U-S-A! What’s just as interesting is that Japan, the country that tops the overall life expectancy tables, finished in the middle of the pack on cancer survival.

Car accidents and homicides don’t tell us much about health care quality Avik Roy, Contributor
Another point worth making is that people die for other reasons than health. For example, people die because of car accidents and violent crime. A few years back, Robert Ohsfeldt of Texas A&M and John Schneider of the University of Iowa asked the obvious question: what happens if you remove deaths from fatal injuries from the life expectancy tables? Among the 29 members of the OECD, the U.S. vaults from 19th place to…you guessed it…first. Japan, on the same adjustment, drops from first to ninth.

It’s great that the Japanese eat more sushi than we do, and that they settle their arguments more peaceably. But these things don’t have anything to do with socialized medicine

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow???

So your point is that we have better health care outcomes if you ignore the fact we are killing each other at a remarkable pace? Go Second Amendment! How good would our ranking be if we could arrange for everyone with heart disease to be murdered before they die of the disease?

For economic mobility?

What say you, dummy?

There are countries on your stupid list that are older, more populated and have more resources, but we have the #1 economy.

We shouldn't emulated losers

Forum List

Back