CDZ Is this image a problem for you? Does it disturb you?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by 2aguy, Jul 23, 2017.

1. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,453

New Jersey, New York, California, Washington State.... the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals...and that is just off the top of my head....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,453
    Then requiring a tax in order to vote, and a literacy test in order to vote is not taking away the Right to Vote....Right?

And putting a fee or tax on guns, ammo, and training to the point that it is impossible for the poor to buy or own guns is not taking away a Right? Really?

Yes...it is...when the regulations make it impossible to exercise that Right...and we already have a Supreme Court decision on this ...so you are already done......

Murdock v. Pennsylvania 319 U.S. 105 (1943)

4. A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113.

5. The flat license tax here involved restrains in advance the Constitutional liberties of press and religion, and inevitably tends to suppress their exercise. P. 319 U. S. 114.

6. That the ordinance is "nondiscriminatory," in that it applies also to peddlers of wares and merchandise, is immaterial. The liberties guaranteed by the First Amendment are in a preferred position. P. 319 U. S. 115.

7. Since the privilege in question is guaranteed by the Federal Constitution, and exists independently of state authority, the inquiry as to whether the State has given something for which it can ask a return is irrelevant. P. 319 U. S. 115.

8. A community may not suppress, or the State tax, the dissemination of views because they are unpopular, annoying, or distasteful. P. 319 U. S. 116.

------

Page 319 U. S. 108

The First Amendment, which the Fourteenth makes applicable to the states, declares that

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press . . ."

It could hardly be denied that a tax laid specifically on the exercise of those freedoms would be unconstitutional. Yet the license tax imposed by this ordinance is, in substance, just that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,014
    What seems to you like pride is merely a rebuttal. The OP was picking a fight, as he is wont to do, when he asked 'does this disturb you'. I answered as honestly as possible. It does disturb me. Why women would feel it necessary to pack heat in their kitchen over coffee and conversation.

4. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,453

I am curious....do you think that home invasions actually happen? Do you think that women are attacked in their homes? Do you think that the women who are attacked, and raped and murdered in their homes...knew that they were going to be attacked and raped when they woke up that day?

And here...

Is it better that they be raped and murdered, then that they use a gun to stop the rape and the murder?

5. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,014
    I don't believe that home invasions are imminent nor common. Like house fires, they do exist. I also believe that being motivated by improbable fear also creates an atmosphere of undue paranoia. Add a firearm and tragic incidents can occur where a misunderstanding spins out of control.

Fear is a strong motivation for gun lovers. I chose to live in awareness, but not fear.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Taz

Taz VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +723
    Well, if you're going to shoot the dog, it helps to have a gun. But personally, I'd do it outside.

7. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,390
    Add a _____________ and tragedy can occur when a misunderstanding spins out of control.

Fill in the blank with anything

A knife
    A hammer
    A baseball bat
    A fist

etc

The presence of a firearm does not escalate the potential for violence.

People are more than capable of being violent without a gun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,014
    Of all the implements you listed, consider the finality of a gun.

9. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,453

They do happen though...right? Can you tell us exactly where and when they are going to happen?

So far, the only ones motivated by fear are you and the other anti-gunners on this thread......you have a deep seated fear of normal people carrying guns....

Fear is a strong emotion....putting a gun on your hip for gun owners is just about the same as clipping on a cell phone. I personally doubt I will be a victim of a violent crime, living where I do...but I understand that it happens...and criminals target people where they think they can get away with their crimes......

Do you think Dr. Petit, the Tates, the Labianca's thought that the day they were brutally murdered was the day they would be brutally murdered? And these families didn't live in democrat city hell holes......and yet...their homes were invaded by monsters.....

Add a firearm and tragic incidents can occur where a misunderstanding spins out of control.

this notion, that normal, law abiding people will commit murder simply because they have a gun and get into an argument is not backed up by facts, reality or statistics.....as pointed out, those who commit actual murder, even from arguments....90% of the time they have long histories of crime and violence, going back to their teen years and earlier, and more than likely cannot buy, own or carry the gun they use......

10. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,453

It is no less final than a knife, a bat or empty hands when they are used to murder people...the woman murdered by her husband with the 9.99 Walmart camping hatchet is just as dead.....as is the woman strangled by her rapist....

But....the woman murdered by her husband, and the woman murdered by her rapist....would stand a better chance of living if they had had a gun......

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1