Is this guy a terrorists?

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
There's been a pattern in the USA where you get sensationalized media coverage for days on end whenever there's an act of violence against the gov't, local cops or Americans in general by folk declaring to be converted jihadist, but yet you only get brief coverage when the same acts are done by declared anti-gov't "militias" or "seperatists" groups. Makes you wonder why.

Here's an example.....

Montana Manhunt for David Burgert, Survivalist Militia Leader

http://abcnews.go.com/US/montana-manhunt-david-burgert-survivalist-militia-leader/story?id=13841307

Last edited:
There's been a pattern in the USA where you get sensationalized media coverage for days on end whenever there's an act of violence against the gov't, local cops or Americans in general by folk declaring to be converted jihadist, but yet you only get brief coverage when the same acts are done by declared anti-gov't "militias" or "seperatists" groups. Makes you wonder why.

Here's an example.....

Montana Manhunt for David Burgert, Survivalist Militia Leader - ABC News

What.

The.

Fuck?

Fanny Pack-Wearing Terrorist Ignites Montana Shoot Out

Idiot

• Banned
Are you comparing this to 911?

Go back and read what I wrote, then read the article. I'm pointing out the FACT that since 9/11, cases like Burgert are NOT given the same sensationalistic treatment as if the perp was a self professed fanatical muslim declaring jihad. Why?

• Banned

Here's an example.....

What.

The.

Fuck?

Idiot

From the Windbag's blogger:

"...Sounds like Burgert has chosen the "suicide by cop" way out. Now, replace "David Burgert" in any of the articles on the manhunt with, say, a non-white dude sounding name and... shazam! You've got an international terrorism media feeding frenzy."
Interesting, because you have a guy who led a group advocating OVERTHROW of the gov't, with a RAP sheet that includes violence against authorities, has been quoted talking about a plan to kill cops, troopers, etc.

Yeah, if he was a non-white dude mouthing off similar BS, and you replaced militia with jihadists, you'd have a media feeding frenzy.

But you don't, do you?

Thanks for helping to point out a apt conclusion, Windbag....and yeah, Burgert is an idiot. But WTF is with Rep. Peter King's silence on this?

Here's an example.....

Just how common are these cases?

Here's an example.....

What.

The.

Fuck?

Idiot

"...Sounds like Burgert has chosen the "suicide by cop" way out. Now, replace "David Burgert" in any of the articles on the manhunt with, say, a non-white dude sounding name and... shazam! You've got an international terrorism media feeding frenzy."
Interesting, because you have a guy who led a group advocating OVERTHROW of the gov't, with a RAP sheet that includes violence against authorities, has been quoted talking about a plan to kill cops, troopers, etc.

Yeah, if he was a non-white dude mouthing off similar BS, and you replaced militia with jihadists, you'd have a media feeding frenzy.

But you don't, do you?

Thanks for helping to point out a apt conclusion, Windbag....and yeah, Burgert is an idiot. But WTF is with Rep. Peter King's silence on this?

You claimed there was no coverage, that is just one of the many pieces I read on this stupidity over the last few days.

Go back and read what I wrote, then read the article. I'm pointing out the FACT that since 9/11, cases like Burgert are NOT given the same sensationalistic treatment as if the perp was a self professed fanatical muslim declaring jihad. Why?

What jihadist story are you comparing this too?

Here's an example.....

Only people who haven't a clue how the media works would question this. I'll give you a hint, home grown, non-jihadist radicals aren't what the news consumer (the average TV viewer) is buying these days so while they still get mention they generally don't get the same coverage as the Islamic jihadists.

Here's an example.....

Only people who haven't a clue how the media works would question this. I'll give you a hint, home grown, non-jihadist radicals aren't what the news consumer (the average TV viewer) is buying these days so while they still get mention they generally don't get the same coverage as the Islamic jihadists.

Media is no different from McDonalds. They give the consumer what he wants not what he might need.

Here's an example.....

Just how common are these cases?

More frequent than people think. There's a site called Southern Poverty Law Center that chronicles the actions of hate, racist and separatist group actions across the country. I also remember a story on an ex-FBI agent named Mike German wo went public claiming that white supremacists groups were a bigger threat to national security than Al Qaeda types are.

Here's an example.....

a terrorist targets civilians. is this man a terrorist? he targets governmental entities. that makes him treasonous. i don't know if it makes him a terrorist.

timothy mcveigh was a terrorist. but sometimes the line is vague.

But you don't, do you?

You claimed there was no coverage, that is just one of the many pieces I read on this stupidity over the last few days.

No, I didn't say there was "no coverage"...I said there was 'Brief' coverage in comparison to the sensationalist review given by the MSM for a LONGER period of time when a islamic fundamentalist/fanatic is involved. Outside of local coverage, first I heard of this was on the Thom Hartmann radio show.....48 hours later my local CBS/ABC/NBC affiliate ran a short minute piece on it.

What jihadist story are you comparing this too?

Take your pick in the last 4 years alone....the morons who were planning to attack an airliner but didn't have a chance in hell, the fool that ALMOST set off a car bomb in Times Square, NY.....the WHOLE country heard those for at LEAST a week...with follow up. Which I have no problem with...but why a lack of enthusiasm, as it were, when it comes to jokers like Burgert?

Here's an example.....

People don't "buy" broadcast news on commercial television now-a-days in so much as it's what the SPONSORS and OWNERS want to be sold to them (some say it's always been that way, but I suggest it's ten fold now).

But let's say your assertion is true....then what YOU are telling me is that the American viewer is more accepting of extremist/separatist/racist shooting at the police or planning to (and sometimes succeeding) in killing civilians because they are NOT Islamic jihadists! That is SO messed up on so many levels I don't know where to begin!

Here's an example.....

Media is no different from McDonalds. They give the consumer what he wants not what he might need.

Not quite. See my response here;

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3794117-post15.html

Here's an example.....

the difference is mulsim jihadists flew planes into buildings and killed almost 3000 americans in the process.

These knuckleheads are, so far, just being idiots.

Here's an example.....

a terrorist targets civilians. is this man a terrorist? he targets governmental entities. that makes him treasonous. i don't know if it makes him a terrorist.

timothy mcveigh was a terrorist. but sometimes the line is vague.

Terrorism is usually defined by the goal of the group, the planning, and the actual execution. Case in point, the idiots that were planning to attack an airport didn't have a hope in hell and fell right into an FBI sting...they were considered potential terrorists, but were not affiliated with any terror network...just a bunch of wanna be's.

Clown like Burgert and his group would have aimed a federal institutions as well as law enforcement and military...but the employees are usually civilians and NOT military. If you read some of the bilge Burgert's former group were about, the damn sure had some civilians in mind.

Here's an example.....

the difference is mulsim jihadists flew planes into buildings and killed almost 3000 americans in the process.

These knuckleheads are, so far, just being idiots.

They may be idiots, but they weren't harmless idiots. Terrorists plan and execute their agenda.... stopping them BEFORE they execute their plan does NOT remove the terrorist label, it just means either they were incompetant or the FBI was better at catching them.

But you don't, do you?

No, I didn't say there was "no coverage"...I said there was 'Brief' coverage in comparison to the sensationalist review given by the MSM for a LONGER period of time when a islamic fundamentalist/fanatic is involved. Outside of local coverage, first I heard of this was on the Thom Hartmann radio show.....48 hours later my local CBS/ABC/NBC affiliate ran a short minute piece on it.

Let me see.

Did this guy fly a plane into anything? Did this guy blow up anything?

Maybe, just maybe, the reason you missed all the coverage of this that was out there is that he really didn't do anything all that spectacular.

New Topics

Forum List

Back