Is this forum dying as public interest in climate change wanes!

Discussion in 'Environment' started by skookerasbil, Jun 28, 2018.

1. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,479
    Dang.....look around this forum since the announcement of Justice Kennedy leaving the SCOTUS.:ack-1: . Obviously, liberals in support of climate change action took a real kick to the nutsack yesterday. Place is a graveyard.....but let's face it, the chances of climate change action now well.....lol. But the truth is, in recent years, more and more of the public gives climate change a low priority >> Polls show most Americans believe in climate change, but give it low priority

Now after the gonad kick by Kennedy,
    OMG....this forum is gonna be morgue-like. Sucks for skeptics.....might have to find a new place to make fun of the mental cases!

Anyway.....go Trump:5_1_12024:. Happy justice picking!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +44,925
    Yanno what, I've been here -- what, five and a half years, and in that entire time, and who knows how long before, you've been sitting here desperately trying to sell this song and dance that "nobody cares" along with your endless junkyard of stupid emoticons and the word "s0n".

That's --- let's see --- twenty nine thousand six hundred and fifty instances of "nobody caring". For nine years.

I get the impression you didn't really think this through.

But I look forward to another five, nine, however many more years of "s0n"s and their not caring about a 'dying' issue you've been pronouncing dead for nine years. Why stop now, it's going so well.

/thread

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Flash

Flash Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,005
    The joke of the AGW scam is only so funny for awhile.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. skookerasbil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,479
    What can I say....beating up on progressives in public I guess has become somewhat of an obsession. But it's a hoot so i can't stop.:funnyface::funnyface:

And a quick gander through page 1 and 2 of this forum tells one all they need to know: climate crusaders are in the distinct minority and skeptics.....ummm....are not!:113::113::113:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Sunsettommy

Sunsettommy VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    There has been a sudden drop in warmist nonsense in the forum, maybe they are on the floor in a fetal ball crying in misery, that the world isn't ending soon enough.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  6. skookerasbil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,479

These people gotta be depressed as hell......think of the bubble some of the regulars on this forum. They have to be in stunned disbelief with the way the landscape is now.......I know Id be train wrecked. Even the k00kiest of activists occasionally get the wind totally taken out of their sails.....which of course, is a laughable moment for us. But Tom....we better get a little action in this place soon......need my daily dose of comic relief.:up:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Moonglow

Moonglow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50,742
    I want climate change, it's too hot..

8. skookerasbil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,479
    Damn place is a morgue

9. abu afak

abu afak ALLAH SNACKBAR!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,522
    Contrary to what you'll here from most here, incl half skookerAssbil's posts, people DO care.
    It's cost-effective, creating jobs, AND a better planet.
    **** the Throwback and Trumpov... Coal IS Dead
    THIS is why China put Solar on Priority and put alot of Western mfg out of Biz.
    Wall Street Journal:

Global Investment in Wind and Solar Energy Is Outshining Fossil Fuels
    In 2016, about $297 billion was spent on renewables—compared with $143 billion on new nuclear, coal, gas and fuel-oil power plants,
    By Russell Gold - Wall Street Journal
    June 11, 2018
    Global Investment in Wind and Solar Energy Is Outshining Fossil Fuels

Global spending on renewable energy is outpacing investment in electricity from coal, natural gas and nuclear power plants, driven by Falling costs of producing wind/solar power.

More than Half of the power-generating capacity added around the world in recent years has been in renewable sources such as wind/solar, according to the Int'l Energy Agency.

In 2016, the latest year for which data is available, about $297 billion was spent on renewables—more than twice the $143 billion spent on new nuclear, coal, gas and fuel oil power plants, according to the IEA. The Paris-based organization projects renewables will make up 56% of net generating capacity added through 2025.
    Once supported overwhelmingly by cash-back incentives, tax credits and other government incentives, wind/solar-generation costs have fallen consistently for a decade, making renewable-power investment more competitive.

Renewable costs have fallen so far in the past few years that “Wind and Solar now represent the Lowest-cost option for generating electricity,” said Francis O’Sullivan, research director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Energy Initiative.

This is beginning to disrupt the business of making electricity and manufacturing generating equipment. Both General Electric Co. and Siemens AG are grappling with diminished demand for large gas-burning turbines and have announced layoffs. Meanwhile, mostly Asian-based manufacturers of solar panels are flourishing....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. IsaacNewton

IsaacNewton Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,149
    I rarely post on this website about climate because once you recognize the level of intelligence, or lack there of, of people that might have a discussion about it there is no point. Just as I don't participate on any website in 'discussions' about a Flat Earth. No point.

When a person or group of people show that they have accepted delusion, not as a 'possible' alternate but as concrete fact it's time to let them go wander out there in the wilderness. I feel sorry for such people but even discussing the topic with them lends their insane beliefs credence. And I just don't waste my time on such nonsense anymore.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1